forum

[resolved] Beatmap limit solutions?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Deedo_67
A question from a new(ish) osu player and "beatmapper":
Is there anyway to extend the limit of beatmaps, get rid of pending beatmaps, or anyway for me to upload beatmaps I have done? Beatmaps, especially mania! one's do not take that long to make and all I want to do is make beatmaps to play with my friends and for people to enjoy (I've been doing a lot of under-night lately). I don't really care if they are "ranked" or whatever, I just want to make beatmaps for people to enjoy. Is there anyway around a 4 map limit, or are people stuck waiting an entire month just to upload more beatmaps? (If I knew there was a limit, I don't think I would have bothered with a 20 second beatmap of a small soundtrack from a fighting game). Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Nigrod
You can export your map I believe it’s under file tab. You can delete a map once it is under graveyard or 1 month of no updates. You can increase the upload limit by getting osu!supporter.
JBHyperion
You can unlock additional beatmap slots by Ranking your existing creations, but since you've said that you're not interested in that, then unfortunately there is no other way to upload more beatmaps to BSS without becoming an osu!supporter or waiting for your existing ones to return to the Graveyard.

However, if you just want to share creations with your friends, you can use the "File Export" feature to create a packed .osz file of your beatmap, (exactly like if it was downloaded from BSS) and upload this to a cloud storage service such as Dropbox, MEGA, Google Drive, etc. that they can use to download the beatmap from.
Topic Starter
Deedo_67

Nigrod wrote:

You can export your map I believe it’s under file tab. You can delete a map once it is under graveyard or 1 month of no updates. You can increase the upload limit by getting osu!supporter.

Didn't know about the export map option so that's cool. Sucks you have to wait a month, but at least you can still share beatmaps outside of Osu. Thank you for the help.