forum

[resolved] Osu Softening Filter (Where Do I Find osu!.username.cfg?)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yeetus my fetus
I screwed around with the softening filter and my screen went white (I do know why). When I looked at previous forums on how to fix it, it said to go to osu!.username.cfg but I have no idea where to find that because I didn’t see a folder when I installed it yesterday. Someone help please!
Death
If you didn't change the location you installed the game to, the default file path is C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!, osu!.username.cfg should be right in there. Username will be replaced with whatever the name of the user account you are logged into on your computer is.
Topic Starter
yeetus my fetus
I wanna include a picture off of my phone because I can’t find the default path but I haven’t moved the location of where I installed it but it just does this: [img:1337][/img:1337]
Death
You need to upload images to some image sharing or file sharing service before you can share them here. After you do that you can then post a link to the image. The image tag that appears is used to embed images that are already uploaded.

Click on the search bar at the bottom left of your screen (or hit the Windows key), type %localappdata% and hit enter. That should take you directly to where osu! is supposed to be installed.
Topic Starter
yeetus my fetus
https://imgur.com/fIeZXpl

Which one would I click on?
Death
osu!.admin.cfg is the file you are looking for. Right click on it and hit edit.

I'm sure the other thread you found says what you need to do once you get it open, but I'll repeat it here just in case. Find the Shaders and BloomSoftening lines and set both of those to 0, then save and close the file.
Topic Starter
yeetus my fetus
https://imgur.com/BeKctrH

I right clicked on it, but I don’t see how to edit it.

Edit: Never mind, I think I have it.
Death
Open Notepad, click on File > Open, find the file and open it. You might need to change the file filter at the bottom right of the window that pops up to "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" or you won't be able to see the file.
Topic Starter
yeetus my fetus
Ok, I finally have it fixed. Thank you so much!