forum

How to gain ranks again :'(

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ashens
Been playing Osu! for 4 years odd but no matter how hard I try I can't get up a good number of ranks by playing songs anymore. Osu! most of misjudged how good am I at this game because once I complete a song all I get is minus approx. 200 ranks and its taking the piss - this may be because of my pp farming days but who knows. The way I can, kind of, get ranks in Osu! right now is playing songs which are stupidly easy for me and still I only get 30 ranks max every song - which is garbage.

Someone do us a solid and take a look at my profile or whatevs and let me know what I could do, because at this point Osu! is not fun and I am considering quitting for good.

Cheers.
Implojin
Game is for fun. You are not cookiezi. If you play for 10 years straight, you will still not be cookiezi. There are thousands of players who are disgustingly good at clicking circles, and less than 1% of 1% of players will ever reach that level. Accept this, and move on.

If you do not enjoy game, do not play game. Game is for fun.

Please enjoy game.
jungjushee
A lot of months of play don't even reach 100 for you, and barely any reach a 1000 plays. You need to play more. Osu is a game you have to constantly practice to get better at
dung eater
Learn to play harder maps better. You lose ranks because other people passed you in pp. It's like a running competition, others can pass you even if you don't slow down and your rank goes down.
the ball man
At least play osu and not jizz off every day
UnnamedBeast

Implojin wrote:

Game is for fun. You are not cookiezi. If you play for 10 years straight, you will still not be cookiezi. There are thousands of players who are disgustingly good at clicking circles, and less than 1% of 1% of players will ever reach that level. Accept this, and move on.

If you do not enjoy game, do not play game. Game is for fun.

Please enjoy game.

unless you're literally physically or mentally retarded anyone can be #1 world
Fealthas
Put some time in it for starters. 170 plays per month just wont get you any ranks. If you play regularly im sure it will get better. Try and identify your weaknesses and work on them systematically. Maybe you break on every other stream (like myself ^^ ), strugle with reading or maybe your accuracy is kinda off? Always practice what youre worst at. I suppose this is a stupid note, but ill say it anyway just to be sure - every skill is being practiced by doing the said action. Suck at streams? Play stream maps. Bad reading? Try some tech stuff. You got the idea. That combined with some playtime should give you the improvement. Oh and one last thing - dont play for the god damned pp. First you improve, then as a byproduct you get pp. Skill brings pp, not the other way around which is a concept a surprising amount of players doesnt seem to understand.