forum

Which Hand if kddk?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Timeattack
Im used to using my left hand to click from standard osu. I can already play some onis this way (singletapping and starting patterns with left hand) but im wondering if it would be more efficient to switch to my right hand since its my dominant hand and I feel like I could get faster with it in the long run.
Full Tablet
... why not use both hands?
Topic Starter
Timeattack

Full Tablet wrote:

... why not use both hands?

because full alt is not something i currently want to go through and i dont see myself needing anytime soon
Akazukin-MK2
You don't need full alt... I thought the same when I was playing kantan and ignoring finishers. Once you get to 4* inner oni, after 2 inflammations of the carpal tunnel and with the 3rd tendonitis, you will start to regret it. I know because I did it and now I've been stuck for months trying to get used to full alt. It's almost impossible to 1h 200bpm maps. With full alt there is no stress at all and infinite potential and when I mean full alt, I mean with 4 fingers 2 in each hand. I know some people use full alt to refer to 2 fingers button-swapping style, instead of single-tapping a color with each finger (e.g. LX index does blue and RX index does red) but personally I'm not good with moving horizontally and I find it much harder than 4 fingers full alternate style so I wouldn't recommend it, though I do know some amazing players in top 100 who do 2 fingers full alt like that, I guess it depends on the person but if you're coming from std you will definitely find it more easy to get used to full alt with 4 than 2 since you're used to play that way already at least with 1 hand. You won't find anyone above #1000 playing with 1h maybe with some exception who does it with the arrow keys or a dedicated controller and they probably still can't play average-high bpm maps like 220 bpm or even lower.
Topic Starter
Timeattack

Akazukin-MK2 wrote:

You don't need full alt... I thought the same when I was playing kantan and ignoring finishers. Once you get to 4* inner oni, after 2 inflammations of the carpal tunnel and with the 3rd tendonitis, you will start to regret it. I know because I did it and now I've been stuck for months trying to get used to full alt. It's almost impossible to 1h 200bpm maps. With full alt there is no stress at all and infinite potential and when I mean full alt, I mean with 4 fingers 2 in each hand. I know some people use full alt to refer to 2 fingers button-swapping style, instead of single-tapping a color with each finger (e.g. LX index does blue and RX index does red) but personally I'm not good with moving horizontally and I find it much harder than 4 fingers full alternate style so I wouldn't recommend it, though I do know some amazing players in top 100 who do 2 fingers full alt like that, I guess it depends on the person but if you're coming from std you will definitely find it more easy to get used to full alt with 4 than 2 since you're used to play that way already at least with 1 hand. You won't find anyone above #1000 playing with 1h maybe with some exception who does it with the arrow keys or a dedicated controller and they probably still can't play average-high bpm maps like 220 bpm or even lower.

what i mean is singletapping 1/2 and alternating 1/3, 1/4 or anything above .of course im using 4 fingers with kddk. ill just make an example with k1d1d2k2. the pattern kkdk comes up: the patterns are 1/2 and then ill only use k1,k1,d1,k1. as soon 1/3 or 1/4 come up ill do k1,k2,d1,k2. what i mean by full alternating is even alternating 1/2 patterns. the question is what hand i should use to singletap 1/2 and start patterns with. im using my left hand to do that but my question is if it would be more efficient to do that with my right hand since its my dominant hand. so if k1 is my left or right hand.
Akazukin-MK2

TimeattackYT wrote:

what i mean is singletapping 1/2 and alternating 1/3, 1/4 or anything above .of course im using 4 fingers with kddk. ill just make an example with k1d1d2k2. the pattern kkdk comes up: the patterns are 1/2 and then ill only use k1,k1,d1,k1. as soon 1/3 or 1/4 come up ill do k1,k2,d1,k2. what i mean by full alternating is even alternating 1/2 patterns. the question is what hand i should use to singletap 1/2 and start patterns with. im using my left hand to do that but my question is if it would be more efficient to do that with my right hand since its my dominant hand. so if k1 is my left or right hand.
I'm not sure I understand that example but basically you're saying that you want to singletap with 1h patterns that have longer times between circles, while alternate with 2h the faster ones? that's basically my style, it's how I'm doing some 4* maps now but if you can get used to alternating even the slower patterns you will find it much easier to full alt maps in the future. I was recommended to do so as well but it's really hard once you develop the bad habit of singletapping slow patterns.
apaajaboleh10
For starters, I recommend single tap those 1/2 and alt 1/3 & 1/4 with your dominant hand first. But if you're planning to play very high bpm map, I recommend full alt from the start. Single tapping 1/2 at like 280 bpm and above can be exhausting and you'll eventually be forced to learn how to full alt.