show more
ampzz

thelewa wrote:

Gabi wrote:

Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the King: The best

That is all.
CG everywhere

it sickens me
You expected an anime from this generation to not have CG in it?
thelewa
The sheer amount of CG is unbeliavable

and it's badly done

and it's horrible

why would they do this
Lance

thelewa wrote:

The sheer amount of CG is unbeliavable

and it's badly done

and it's horrible

why would they do this
This.

All I have seen thus far is Yuru Yuri and everyone knows what to expect there by now. I'll do some sort of formal list when I have time to watch everything I'm watching this season.
Ephemeral
yuruyuri: KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO

that is all
Accelerator-kun

Ephemeral wrote:

yuruyuri: KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO KYOUKO

that is all
+1
Tsukimi Luna

Ephemeral wrote:

that is all
Story of my life
Oreiora
Yuru Yuri wasn't as great as I expected, its more like a substitute for acchi kocchi at the moment. Tari Tari is great, really loved it, can't wait for episode 2. Muv-Luv Alternative is okay, I still don't hate it (yet) like I usually do with mechas. Kokoro Connect half segment was disappointing, crap art = end of story. Asa made and Campione! are decent, not really into the ecchi type right now, too much fanservice gets annoying after awhile. All the animes which carry on to this season e.g. Hyouka and Accel World are the main ones I'm focused on atm, not getting into much as of now. Still waiting for sword art online and koi to senkyo.
Magicphoenix

I'll also probably continue watching Tari Tari, great for your eyes as expected by PA Works, totally love it
Ephemeral

Oreiora wrote:

Yuru Yuri wasn't as great as I expected, its more like a substitute for acchi kocchi at the moment.
you clearly have no soul, just saying
The Ribbon Red

Ephemeral wrote:

Oreiora wrote:

Yuru Yuri wasn't as great as I expected, its more like a substitute for acchi kocchi at the moment.
you clearly have no soul, just saying
He actually has one, but it's on its own twisted way of taste.
miss_master_old

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

that is all
+1
+1
l MyZtiC l
The only anime so far i have wached is Dog Days 2 and Yuru Yuri 2.
These are the only ones ived watched so far i have watched, this season might be good :)
KuroiHiKirby
Only summer anime I picked up so far is SAO and Kokoro Connect; been busy catching up with other anime, watching some that were recommended to me, life and shit, etc. Can't do Yuru Yuri for awhile because I haven't watched the first season.

Sword Art Online: The setup is nice. The creation of the world and the idea of the game was introduced nicely, and I feel the danger of their situation. Interested to see how they develop the characters and the world.

Kokoro Connect: Pshaw, these characters. The art is likeable to me though because K-ON! I've also never watched a genderbend series prior to this, so I'll stick with it for the experience.

moar stuff later when I'm less lazy.
vizzy
I'm really enjoying a bunch of these shows. Arcana Famiglia - reminds me of Soul Eater, kinda.
Dog Days' - good stuff.
Muv-Luv is too grotesque.
Tari Tari - yay.
Sword Art Online - seems OK so far.. everyone seems to like it.
Kokoro Connect - like.
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita - random funny.
Dieathan
Only watching Sword Art Online at the moment, might pick up something else maybe.
Anyways, seems good so far. Really makes me want to see how the story unfolds from here.
Sallad4ever
Some anime title that really click to me

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita: The most unique anime of the season, the artwork make me think of old anime but that what makes this anime stood out from the rest. It'll be hard to stick to it for someone who prefer moe or ecchi and other similar stuff like that but the premise of the story is very interesting for me at least. And it's probably just me but the fairy starting to creep me out with how they never close their mouth.

Joshiraku: Japanese stand up comedy, but it's not all about watching them perform, this anime is full of ordinary dialogue so that viewers can enjoy how cute the girls are. It have elements that makes anime to be a well known, "Girl, girl, girl, girl, and girl" but to bad it missing the most important element "High School" =P
Well joke aside, this anime is dialogue heavy so probably not anyone would like it, because all they do is talk & talk. Still for me, I like this kind of comedy where the focus is on the dialogue. So far it's quite interesting, I like the way they introduce the chars and the kanji joke is hilarious (there's even a cameo of character from Zetsubou). A shame it's not produce by Shaft, it'll be more brutal if it is though
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Anyone have any suggestions to make this thread a bit more organized? I want people to be able to read this thread and get an idea of what each show this season is about.
xsrsbsns
Sword Art Online:
Gorgeous visuals and sound (but I was expecting a better OP), and since the setting is inside a virtual world there are countless of possibilities, and I'm into it. Ep1 was only the introduction so I can't say much, but I'm expecting really good stuff based on what I've heard from them novel readers.

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate:
Looks like another harem school club anime at first, but the dark things involving the student council election have successfully made me into wanting to know more. Also do want Hazuki sensei.

Kokoro Connect:
Nothing much to say from ep1, except lol privacy. I'll continue to see how the story folds out, and cold girls are always a plus.

Tari Tari:
The characters are cute to watch, but the genre isn't what I'd normally look for. I probably won't enjoy this as much as the other titles, but I'll stick to it unless it gets really boring.

Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru:
Watched the first episode without any expectations at all, and sure enough, it's just your average harem/comedy/school anime. I'll watch this when I have time, but god I hate that loli voice.

Arcana Famiglia:
The wide diversity of characters makes it more interesting (maybe), though I can't seem to get absorbed into the story. Found myself wanting to skip certain parts a couple of times in ep2. I'll give it one more episode and see.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
I might be doing a few changes to this thread or the successor thread(when the time comes). These changes will probably consist of links to everyone's post listed by name and a compilation of what people thought about certain shows.

On another note, feel free to reform your opinions based on episode 2s and stuff. Example: Campione! and its ridiculous idea to rush 5+ arcs in 1 season, and try to do 3 different arcs at the same time......

(I am still trying to figure out more uses for this thread than just having everyone post their opinion)
Valentiino
Well, thoughts about this season.

Still haven't found anything that seems even slightly interesting besides Horizon S2 (well, mainly coz of the humour get's to me D:) and muv-luv (just wanna check out how one of my favourite VNs spin off turns into an anime).

Not expecting much from anything, might aswell dig into older stuff now that I have ~3-4 animes to watch on this season, instead of 9-12.
DerekMcD
Tari Tari: Fun. (Watching it on CR)

Kokoro Connect: Body swapping is one of my fave parts. (Watching it on CR)

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita: I'll be following the fan adventures, just like in a video game. It's random funny and that's all the lesson I need. (Watching it on CR)

Dakara boku-ha H ga Dekinai: I prefer the AT-X version, but I'll have to watch the BS11 version on CR. (Downloaded torrent until it was removed by CR, then Watching it on CR)

Joshikaru: It's random. (Downloading torrent)
mathexpert
(this is roughly in the order from most to least favorite)

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita: Love the whimsical and charming art style, the protagonist is pretty interesting, somewhat somber tone fits with the theme of the anime. Doesn't take itself too seriously, as shown by the skinned chickens xD

Sword Art Online: Interesting premise, I think this will be a hit among many. Asuna is cute :3

Tari Tari: Likeable and relatable cast (which is important in the slice of life genre), funny as well. Overall pretty high quality.

Kokoro Connect: Sounds interesting, similar character design compared to K-On! so I'd could watch it pretty much for that reason alone. ;)

Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru:
Some nice fanservice & comedy, but overall generic harem anime. :|

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate: yet another generic harem anime (lol I don't call it "generic" for nothing xD) , but the art is pretty good at least.
The Ribbon Red

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Kokoro Connect: Sounds interesting, similar character design compared to K-On! so I'd could watch it pretty much for that reason alone. ;)
How about the story?

I want to know the reason behind the "case at hand", but how they unfold it is kinda... weird.

Felt like dropping it though. Expecting a great turnaround.
Akenaide
Sword Art Online and Yuri² S2 are awesome
The Ribbon Red

Akenaide wrote:

Accelerator-kun

Akenaide wrote:

KuroiHiKirby

The Ribbon Red wrote:

mathexpert9981 wrote:

How about the story?

I want to know the reason behind the "case at hand", but how they unfold it is kinda... weird.

Felt like dropping it though. Expecting a great turnaround.
After watching the 3rd episode, I can say that the story isn't completely hopeless. At first I was really worried that it would be a load of fanservice and moe(which I don't mind all that much, actually) but I kinda see where it's going now.
The Ribbon Red

KuroiHiKirby wrote:

After watching the 3rd episode, I can say that the story isn't completely hopeless. At first I was really worried that it would be a load of fanservice and moe(which I don't mind all that much, actually) but I kinda see where it's going now.
The story exists (unlike K-On!) and is the focus of the anime. But, how they reveal the plot is kinda... unsettling
thelewa
I hope they include chapter 16.5 of Sword Art Online in an OVA or something

otherwise this entire anime season will be shitty
ampzz
Arcana Famiglia - Ugh, just no.

Campione! - forcing myself to watch it.

Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai - Diverged quite a bit away from the manga source but is still somehow enjoyable... maybe because it's not taking itself seriously at all.

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate - Nothing at all like the manga or visual novel sources which were originally available for use but is still set to become the usual anime adaptation garbage somehow or another.

Kono Naka ni Hitori Imouto ga Iru - I knew this was going to be poor considering the source but my god, the over insertion of ecchi scenes in it killed off any enjoyment.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon S2 - Toori can be completely naked and still be one of the likable protagonists I've ever known.

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita - Best show this season.

Muv-Luv Alternative - Total Eclipse - Ahaha.... went from mildly interesting into utter garbage in the space of 5 episodes, quality?

Oda Nobuna no Yabou - Dumb but is making me laugh at times and fall asleep in others.

Sword Art Online - The show is so jumbled up and uneven it's amazing..