forum

Hello, could anyone be kind and help me with the timing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tomatas95
Good evening, so I just started mapping, been trying to read as much info on how to start mapping on the old created threads in the forums though one thing i can't get is timing, the video's didin't help me to fully understand.. And sadly I got no close friends who are atleast average at it who could help me with that problem, i'd certainly appreciate it!

https://www92.zippyshare.com/v/EA4OPCmr/file.html
lewski
A 102bpm timing point with an offset of about 1500 seems to work for everything except the piano part at the end.

Super simplified timing because writing an essay about timing and music theory is a lot of work:
1. Put the offset on a strong sound. The playback rate options in the lower right corner of the editor can help with getting the offset exactly on the sound.
2. Mess with the BPM until the timeline ticks align with other strong sounds in the music. If a sound is before a tick, raise the bpm, and vice versa.
Topic Starter
tomatas95
Is it also normal to think that your created map is kinda bad, like being playable and all?
lewski
Yeah, from what I've seen, it's relatively common to dislike your own creations.