forum

We may be just days away from seeing a black hole for the first time ever

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/08/science/black-hole-photo.html

For how much astronomers know about black holes — it’s a lot, trust me — it’s a bit of a shock that mankind has never actually seen one. Everything science knows about black holes is based on inference rather than actually witnessing one with our own eyes (electronic or otherwise), but that may be about to change.

The Event Horizon Telescope project plans to reveal the first-ever images of a black hole, and the international group of researchers working on the project have something very big to show the world this week. We may be just days away from seeing a black hole for the first time ever.
abraker
Vuelo Eluko
ty 4 info
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD

abraker wrote:

well i think the actual black hole will probably look like this

did you see it? its on the center
its almost invisible to our eyes or basic camera because its so hard to capture image of it since the gravity is so strong that it capture light, which is fucked up the camera

but tomorrow i think it will probably look like this:

lets see tomorrow what does it actually look like
Vuelo Eluko
black holes lost a lot of their 'magic' for me when it was revealed they didn't actually violate conservation of information by eventually evaporating through hawking radiation which contains the information. No longer can they be considered areas isolated from the rest of the universe.

our incomplete models of physics break down with those gravitational forces, and since we cannot (currently) pierce the veil of the event horizon to learn more, really all we can ascertain about what goes on under there related to temperature via aforementioned hawking radiation, it will likely be a long time before we really understand how the laws of physics work in those things. Seeing how light warps around such a majestically powerful gravity well is unlikely to provide any big insights but it will be neat.
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

black holes lost a lot of their 'magic' for me when it was revealed they didn't actually violate conservation of information by eventually evaporating through hawking radiation which contains the information. No longer can they be considered areas isolated from the rest of the universe.

our incomplete models of physics break down with those gravitational forces, and since we cannot (currently) pierce the veil of the event horizon to learn more, really all we can ascertain about what goes on under there related to temperature via aforementioned hawking radiation, it will likely be a long time before we really understand how the laws of physics work in those things. Seeing how light warps around such a majestically powerful gravity well is unlikely to provide any big insights but it will be neat.

yeah but its a good thing that we finally discovered real image of black hole instead of just the inference of 3d image.

even though we currently at this technology its impossible to know what's inside all we can do is to advance more and more with our current technology and make hypothesis or even theory about it and finally when everything and every data and math is good enough it will become facts or probably we will also discover new law

i also have one more thing to show, my third opinion it would look like this

the black hole is located in top left its invisible because black hole is completely black you can only see it whenever light or sun or a planet get sucked by black hole and gets near it
Aiseca
This might be the first.....
....and possibly the last.
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD

Aiseca wrote:

This might be the first.....
....and possibly the last.

fuck man lol thats so scary if its real
hopefully elon musk speed up his mars colonization

so by the time earth get hit again by a massive asteroid. or sun dies, world war 3, global warming, and even alien attack
our technology is so advance and we can have type 2 or even 3 of kardashev scale and travel
between planets or even galaxy, intergalactic travel
abraker
It's estimated that we would reach kardashev 1 status sometime in the 22nd or 23rd century if humanity survives that long.
abraker
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD

abraker wrote:

It's estimated that we would reach kardashev 1 status sometime in the 22nd or 23rd century if humanity survives that long.

abraker wrote:

well i think it still possible for human to reach that stage if we stop being selfish to nature but still its sad for me because i cannot live that long

also that dude explaining it so well lmao very perfect explanation, and i saw a comment in there saying "You know, it really makes me sad that Stephen Hawking and many other great scientist didn't get to see this." :(

but still elon get a chance to watch this event
cravenfiner
technology is advancing so quickly damn
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD
also wtf this is so scary and amaze me at the same time
in the video you mentioned

at 7:37 the image of tomorrows black hole will probably look like the one you watch on "Interstellar" movie

i mean like dude is it coincidence that they calculated the image right?
damn Christopher Nolan

heres the image from that movie:
ColdTooth
woah, holy shit, if this is for real, ima gunna be stockin' up on watching this
abraker
I think technology progressing at a meh kind of speed. I am ready for holograms and brain interfaces enabling telepathy

If you think technology is fast, wait until we make the first general purpose AI. That will prob happen in 2040's

Eventually regulations/law will not be able to keep up with the progressing technology
levesterz
Inb4 chaos when someone decide giving android free will
Tad Fibonacci
Mean while, I'm still waiting for the instant pizzas, hover boards and flying cars they showed in back to the Future.
Aiseca
TLDR to those who don't want to read tons of materials regarding humanity reaching Kardashev Type I civilization:

The host world will undergo extreme high temperature and many organic matter will perish along with it. Energy consumption will be too great, all ideas of 'energy conservation' and 'environmental protection' will be all put in the trash because it's impossible to implement.
abraker
Not all energy consumption has to happen on this planet.
Topic Starter
TheLegendaryHD
It certainly can, the real question is if human civilisation will become a Type 1 civilisation or not. Becoming a Type 1 civilisation isn't all that difficult from a technical perspective, all the necessary technologies already exist. There are a few things that could prevent it from happening, like a nuclear war in the next 100 years or so, or other global catastrophes. Maybe our birth rate will drop so much, that we stop growing our numbers, and stays that way, in which case we have no need to become a Type 1 civilisation. Whether or not a civilisation reaches Type 1 status depends largely on size, the more people you have the easier it is, and at some point it happens automatically, regardless of your technology.

heres i show you interesting explanation about evolution, there are possibly 6 evolution

1. Caveman

The very first evolution of humankind. Cavemen are descended from ancient apes. They are typically portrayed as wearing shaggy animal hides, and capable of cave painting, like behaviourally modern humans of the last glacial period. Anachronistically, they are simultaneously shown armed with rocks or cattle bone clubs, unintelligent, and aggressive, traits more like those of archaic humans from hundreds of thousands of years before this period.

Most important of all, Cavemen are the only species who can make fire compared to other contemporary animals. Fire appearances help them a lot in cooking food, rituals, agricultures, generating light, smelting, forging. Generally speaking, Cavemen create the first source of energy generation: Fire.

2. Human

A few million years later, another species has evolved from Cavemen, called Human. Otherwise known as the modern human. Unlike Cavemen, Humans are characterized by upright posture and bipedal movement; manual dexterity and increased tool use, compared to other animals; and a general trend toward larger, more complex brains and societies. With said brains, they are capable of high levels of abstract reasoning, language, problem-solving, sociality, and culture through social learning.

Industry also starts in this age. Many generators are invented such as: Hydroelectric Plant, Windmills, Steam Engines, Fusion Reactors... These inventions improve and enhance their life.

3. Prostheticman

When Humans know and take advantage most of the scientific and technological knowledge they have and evolve into Prostheticman. Renewable energy totally replaces the non-renewable energy at this age. More over, economic, industry, agriculture, transportation have been drastically improved. We can call this the technology age.

With more advanced science and technology, astronomy is strongly developing. The Protstheticmen's civilization has reached Type I on Kardashev scale, which means they can fully control their home planet. Therefore, celestial body discovering and colonizing planets becomes one of their most important mission to achieve. Humankind now needs new energies and materials for their existence.

Standford Torus and Star Lifters is taken over in the meantime.

4. Geneticman

Prostheticmen begin thinking about how to create their own energy by themselves. And when they achieve that, they evolve into a new species called Geneticman. Geneticmen are no longer dependent on technological and modern devices. That's also why they can easily conquer their own home star, their solar system. They begin dabbling in solar system exploration, observation, and energy generation. As a result, they have risen to Rank II on the Kardashev Scale.

With an auto-creating energy ability, a lot of experiments and buildings are discovered and developed: Tritium Generators, Space Wind Gather, Antimatter Core,... Notably, they can finally research the final way to produce energy: Graviton Gather.

5. Robot

Physical Humans no longer exist. And Robots replace us. Being able to work without getting tired or exhausted, as well as limitless knowledge and abilities, means they have expanded their civilization to a whole galaxy. Every planet, star or solar system in that galaxy has been conquered and colonized. Even the central black hole is conquered too, which leads into the birth of Singularity Gather.

Now, human's civilization has finally reached Type III on the Kardashev scale. Capturing the energy of gamma-ray bursts is now a possible power source for a highly advanced civilization. The emissions from quasars can be readily compared to those of small active galaxies and provide a massive power source.

6. Posthuman

Robots are humans who transferred their consciousness into robotic shells which gave them a long time to understand how the universe works, leading them to evolve themselves beyond their physical limits, becoming Posthumans.(Alternatively, it could be said the robots are using their processing power to design better robots, these better robots then do the same and this cycle repeats until building the robots is going to take longer than designing them, at which point the robots are going to switch to a method which can quickly change form: Posthuman)

Posthumans can answer every question in the universe, they can travel everywhere at anytime they want, simply by using their mind. Generally speaking, Posthumans have completely conquered their own universe, its physical laws, particles, matters, dark matters, dark energies; all taken by Posthumanity, making them a Type IV on the Kardashev scale.

This is the final stage of human's evolution, the only way to go further is Ascension.
levesterz
^ it felt like an explanation to a clicker game
abraker
Because it does sound like an explanation to some game.

In reality we will start jumping straight to machine as soon as the first general purpose AI is made. Genetics and prosthetic will become as relevant as the gameboy micro did. It had a short and irrelevant reign. Before those start becoming mainstream, machines will offer more advantages then remaining organic, putting anything organic a novelty within a span of couple centuries.
show more