forum

wowaka commemorative mapset

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
white_
https://www.hitorie.jp/news/#505751

Sadly wowaka has passed away today. He was a composer which many of us loved and his influence over the vocaloid music scene was immense. He has directly and inderectly influenced the rhythm game world by inspiring many other composers. Truly a legend.

I was thinking the mapping community could make a ranked mapset together as a token of appreciation for his music. Similar to what had been done with the passing of 11t. Rolling Girl could be a great song for this mapset, in my opinion.
A compilation of his most iconic works is also an option. If you have any suggestions leave them down below.

Any gamemode is welcome.
Ajisai-
really, i was saddened to hear wowaka passing, such an influence.

I'd like to participate if there will be a mapset for Rolling Girl. It's one of the first vocaloid songs that I listened to long ago so It'll be an honor to participate in this.
SkyDevil
I also would really like to join, I loved his songs a lot... I even made a map back in 2013 when he first started with his band Hitorie.

I'm up for any wowaka song really, I think the best pick would either be a really popular song (Uraomote Lovers/Rolling Girl/Worlds End Dancehall), his first song Gray Zone Ni Te (maybe use the version from the album) or his last song (as Hitorie) Sleepwalk

Though a compilation sounds really good as well
Cyclohexane
I came to this section of the forum with a similar idea.

Though somewhat old, most of the popular songs by wowaka already have maps, so I thought it would be interesting to put some of the less well-known songs of Unhappy Refrain in the spotlight by extending the project to the entire album instead of a single mapset-- Back in the day NatsumeRin mapped a few songs from that album and a lot of it stuck with me. It's a sizeable project (the album has 21 tracks counting a few remixes) and each song ranges from 2 to 4 minutes (excluding remixes) but then again if there was ever a game where such a project might be possible this is it.

I know I've had the itch to remap a few of his songs in my day, this might actually be the opportunity to do it for real.

Since I've been gone from this game for so long, I'm not sure I can exactly commit to a project of this size; my mapping style might also be outdated for current gameplay standards, but I figured I'd at least make a post in the appropriate thread for it.
Topic Starter
white_

Cyclohexane wrote:

I came to this section of the forum with a similar idea.

Though somewhat old, most of the popular songs by wowaka already have maps, so I thought it would be interesting to put some of the less well-known songs of Unhappy Refrain in the spotlight by extending the project to the entire album instead of a single mapset-- Back in the day NatsumeRin mapped a few songs from that album and a lot of it stuck with me. It's a sizeable project (the album has 21 tracks counting a few remixes) and each song ranges from 2 to 4 minutes (excluding remixes) but then again if there was ever a game where such a project might be possible this is it.

I know I've had the itch to remap a few of his songs in my day, this might actually be the opportunity to do it for real.

Since I've been gone from this game for so long, I'm not sure I can exactly commit to a project of this size; my mapping style might also be outdated for current gameplay standards, but I figured I'd at least make a post in the appropriate thread for it.

If we make the project too big the chances of it not getting finished will increase aswell. The entire Unhappy Refrain album, unless we make it a crossfade with 1 huge collab diff, seems a bit too optimistic.

For now we best wait and see how many mappers would be interested in participating.
rocks
im not very sociable but i have mixed a marathon/compilation'esque thing for his legendary album unhappy refrain, however only 7 out of 14 of the songs. wouldnt mind if someone wanted to do a collab or just use it for their own tribute map, as mine kinda sucks ass LOL
Stefan
  1. Do not request beatmaps!
    Making beatmaps is not an easy task because it takes a lot of time and effort.
    You could either discover the joy of mapping yourself or ask your dearest friends to map for you.