forum

Difficulty even on easy and normal very hard.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kcenv
So just got osu and even the easy maps are very hard, do you need a tablet to play this game or something, because it feels like most of these really arent meant to be done with a mouse.

I have played lots of stepmania and EBA, so Im not that new to these kinds of games, but the difficulty seems wonk.

Yes I realize im new, but isnt the point of easy maps to .. you know.. be easy.
Juuuuuuuuul
"This user has not yet played any ranked maps in osu! mode."

Download a bunch of maps with music that you love, keep playing for a few hours on easy difficulty, you'll get used to the game's mechanics and will finally find that easy is easy.
Also, playing with mouse is viable.
dung eater
If you had played other aim intensive games a lot, it would be very easy to aim the beginner maps with a mouse.

Turn off mouse precision/accelation in windows.
Syluvaine
While I prefer tablet I could still play high 4 stars with mouse before switching, so yes it is viable. About the easy diff, what other comments say.

Dont forget to try other game modes like mania, you might like them more than standard
DXPOHIHIHI
I could fc 5* tryharding because my hands are not comfortable drifting too much from the mouse, got a tablet and fc'ing 5* got alot more easier
Swordians
Try switching to "clicking" with the keyboard. Personally, I could never figure out standard when I was playing with just the mouse/trackpad and no keyboard. It's possible to play with just the mouse or possibly even just a trackpad, and probably possible to do well, but depending on how your brain works it might be a lot easier to split the work across multiple hands.

Since Osu takes a lot of inspiration from a DS game, though, tablet will likely be the most "natural" even if you can do very well with other input methods. (That being said I OWN a tablet and never use it for Osu, so.)

Also, yes, try out other modes! Be sure to get beatmaps made for the mode you're trying out, though. Standard maps can be played on alternate modes but they tend to be uh, not, good.
Juuuuuuuuul
"Play Time: 1 minutes"
Maybe try the tutorial and learn basic game's mechanics...
No matter if mouse, clicks, keyboard, tablet or whatever at this stage, just try to understand how the game is working.