forum

Nem - Aa, Subarashiki Nyansei

posted
Total Posts
show more
captin1
rip
Mystyk
CDFA: I updated my mod with the last difficulty, so please check it and answer whenever you can :<
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
WAIT HOLY FUCK MYSTYK UPDATED HIS/HER MOD OH FUCK

The lord jesus will give me the strength to try to get this ranked over the week I have of spring break.
Lust
nyan~ is not a rankable diff name

kd please
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Asked two more BATs to look at this and the most I've gotten is "your parallel lines suck lmao"

One day
LexiaLovesU
Ill mod this owo
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Cool.
LexiaLovesU

Modding this map cause I love this song so much :D
[General]
Check AImod: A lot of Unrankable Factors ><
[Normal]
00:20:168 (4,5) - The transition btw these 2 is sudden and aburt if you were to draw the flow btw these 2 you would see that you made a very sharp turn which in 192 bpm might be a bit uncomforting for a newb. Usually in the easiest diff you would like to keep the transition a bit more gradually especially in a High BPM map. doing something like this might make the Newb play uncomfortably and in generally have an iffy feel about the map so I would suggest doing this to the transition to make it not as aburt.
00:22:642 (2,3) - Same with this as above and I would suggest doing this to make 2 flow a bit more towards 3 remember this is the easiest diff in the set so it should also apply to the beginners owo
00:25:117 (4) - Why don't you make this the same as 3 this way you will get a nice circle flow that flows very nicely to 1 instead of having the awkard change of direction flow plus it will look a bit prettier owo though I gotta say that is one sexy curve o3o
00:28:519 (3) - Why not make the Y axis same as 2's since it looks a bit odd owo
00:35:013 (3) - The transition is again kinda sudden and aburt maybe try letting 3 flow more to 1 so that its a bit easier.
00:43:364 (2,3) - Same as above
00:48:312 (1) - I don't get why you ended the slider when a new phase in music occurs on the stanza you ended on (the trumpets) To me that sounds kinda off it makes it seem like you completely ignored the first trumpet which should be hitable since its a emphasized sound in the music. If your willing to change this let me warn you it probably will cause some rearrangements cause the best to fix this would be to end the slider on 00:49:240 and continue with the 4 circles from that point since circle would be best to emphasize the trumpets. Remember this would cause arrangement since there is no way of going back to that point without causing a slider that is off the grid or very bad flow.
00:49:859 (2,3,4,1) - this pattern may be aburt but since it goes well with the empasised trumpets(or whatever that is) it fits nicely but maybe instead of doing a triangle which at the end go confusing cause of the fact the hit circles hit impact covers the slider. I would suggest doing a diamond pattern like this so that it will be easier to read owo
00:54:498 (4,1,2,3) - TBH I would suggest re arranging these since they are all so cramped and their transition is aburt >< how about this owo This one has a nice very easier flow this I think can still be fun for newbs owo
00:58:519 (1) - This spinner seems so out of place there is 2 very prominent notes in the spinner which should be mapped it sounds so empty >< try this rhythm instead and see how you like it also I suggest putting the spinner to start at 01:00:684 and end at 01:01:921 so that this way you get a drain outed feel from the spinner instead of ending on a note that should be drained out for the break
Ryhthm
[notice]
01:15:529 (1,2) - The transition between these notes is kinda aburt and sudden this is the easiest diff so keep in mind for Newbs I would suggest making 1 flow a bit more towards 2
01:19:550 (2,1) - The transistion btw these notes is a bit iffy since you curve 2's tail away from 1's head it causes awkward gameplay I would suggest rotating 2 by 30 to get it a nice flow like so
01:22:024 (2,3,4,1) - Nice pattern :D
01:25:426 (1) - Please fix this blanket owo
01:35:632 (1,2,3,4) - using the same pattern can get kinda repetitive why don't you try to think of a new one here >w< something new and fun here is an idea
Since this is just the first kiai copy and pasted with everything reversed same applies from the first kiai
01:42:745 (2) - Same as above
01:47:693 (1) - I don't get why you ended the slider when a new phase in music occurs on the stanza you ended on (the trumpets) To me that sounds kinda off it makes it seem like you completely ignored the first trumpet which should be hitable since its a emphasized sound in the music. If your willing to change this let me warn you it probably will cause some rearrangements cause the best to fix this would be to end the slider on 01:48:622 and continue with the 4 circles from that point since circle would be best to emphasize the trumpets. Remember this would cause arrangement since there is no way of going back to that point without causing a slider that is off the grid or very bad flow.
01:49:240 (2,3,4,1) - this pattern may be aburt but since it goes well with the empasised trumpets(or whatever that is) it fits nicely but maybe instead of doing a triangle which at the end go confusing cause of the fact the hit circles hit impact covers the slider. I would suggest doing a diamond pattern like this so that it will be easier to read owo
01:53:879 (4,1,2,3) - TBH I would suggest re arranging these since they are all so cramped and their transition is aburt >< how about this owo This one has a nice very easier flow this I think can still be fun for newbs owo
01:57:900 (1) - This spinner seems so out of place there is 2 very prominent notes in the spinner which should be mapped it sounds so empty >< try this rhythm instead and see how you like it also I suggest putting the spinner to start at 02:00:065 and end at 02:01:302 so that this way you get a drain outed feel from the spinner instead of ending on a note that should be drained out for the break
Ryhthm
[notice]
02:11:199 (3) - Im kinda corcerned that the sliders repeat is hidden by the other sliders body and when a newb plays it they will be taken by surprise from the reverse to late and lose combo
02:14:910 (1) - While this is aburt there isn't much chose so I guess its fine owo
02:22:333 (1) - Why don't you give this a curve towards both of those circles so the transition isn't to aburt
02:34:395 (1,2) - not a big fan of this overlap its transition is very iffy >.<
02:36:251 (3,4,5,1,2) - There is to many circles this will get hard for a newb to hit especially in 192 bpm I would suggest removing 5 since it has no purpose it only there to maintain symmetry which is NOT a good thing to do. your creating harder gameplay for a newb for the sake of symmetry. leave symmetry out of rhythm not everything is the same Patterns yes but if conflicting with the rhythm whats the point in patterns if it sounds weird ><
02:37:178 (1,2,3,4) - This rhythm is a bit off sounding like I said doing fake rhythms for the sake a of symmetry is not a well thing to do it creates awkward sounding patterns. 3 is ending on a very strong vocal note which should be clickable so I would suggest removing 2 then pushing 3 to 2 time postion then moving 4 to the stanza and then placing a circle where 4 used to end like this
Rhythm
[notice]
This rhythm will make the vocals and instruments match owo
02:39:653 (1,2,3,4,1) - This patterns seems a bit sudden the transition between 3 and 4 is very aburt and very sharp I would suggest doing something like so that the begginers wont have I really awkward movement right there and this pattern it wont cause much repositioning to the next notes at all owo
02:44:601 (2,3,4,5,1,2,3) - This pattern is can use a lot of polishing since it is a very back tracking pattern cause a repetitive feeling(to me at least) plus its not so pretty looking >.< maybe try this owo
02:54:498 (1,2,3) - The transition between these notes are very aburt and sudden you have 1's end curve greatly away from 2 this causes awkward gameplay for newbs D: if anything I would suggest curve a bit more towards 2 to make it easier on the newbs owo
02:55:735 (3,4) - Same as above owo
02:59:446 (1,2,3,4) - I don't get why you ended the slider when a new phase in music occurs on the stanza you ended on (the trumpets) To me that sounds kinda off it makes it seem like you completely ignored the first trumpet which should be hitable since its a emphasized sound in the music. If your willing to change this let me warn you it probably will cause some rearrangements cause the best to fix this would be to end the slider on 01:48:622 and continue with the 4 circles from that point since circle would be best to emphasize the trumpets. Remember this would cause arrangement since there is no way of going back to that point without causing a slider that is off the grid or very bad flow.
03:03:158 (3) - This would look a bit better if you made it the same as 1 since you seem to be following some sort of symerty pattern I would fit better owo
03:09:653 (1) - This spinner seems so out of place there is 2 very prominent notes in the spinner which should be mapped it sounds so empty >< try this rhythm instead and see how you like it also I suggest putting the spinner to start at 03:11:818 ~ 03:13:983 so that this way you get a drain outed feel from the spinner instead of ending on a note that should be drained out for the break
Ryhthm
[notice]
Done owo
Pls go over this diff first then ill look at the other since I covered a lot in this diff owo
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
that's hot
Asphyxia
Yoo CDFA o/

General stuff
  1. Please check your AIMod, as Lexia said, there's a lot of unrankable things that NEEDS to be fixed. I think those unsnapped objects make your kiai times also inconsistent, check this out also!

Normal
  1. The thing that is pretty annoying is that blankets such as 00:22:642 (2,3) - , 00:44:601 (4,1) - and 00:51:715 (2,3) - got ignored totally. You can consider fixing them all in this difficulty but I can live with it if you do not. I also want to remind you that making these blankets perfect would make the map more clean.
  2. +1 on HP and OD? I feel like that would make a better spread here.
  3. 00:47:075 (3) - Curving this slider more would make a lot of sense, because that way you can improve the blanket and same time make the overlap perfect. -> http://puu.sh/8BhFv.jpg
  4. 00:52:024 (3) - ^
  5. 00:53:879 (3) - Can you curve this more? The curves don't really make any impact if they're like this.
  6. 01:30:374 (1) - Maybe not the most beautiful slider around? Looking at your Hard difficulty, you did excellent sliders, I'm sure you could totally come up with an epic slider here too.
  7. And because you copied the kiai for the second one, almost all of these apply to your other kiai as well, remember to fix them.
  8. 02:18:622 (3,1) - Symmetric, yeah. It's still a DS error, please fix this.
  9. Like I said earlier, this difficulty is fine, although all of those incorrect blankets make it look not that great, unclean. Rhythm-wise it was a lot better, there wasn't also any flow issues imo.

Hard
  1. 00:16:147 (1) - I can live with sliders like these, totally, but improving some of them, such as 00:42:127 (3) - , 00:52:024 (6) - , 00:53:261 (2) - 00:54:498 (5) - and 00:55:735 (1) - would help the map. I know it's 2 years old but it's just for the better.
  2. 00:17:385 (4,1) - The overlap makes it a bit weird here, doesn't look that great in editor, it also was a bit meh while playing. You could copy either one of them and insert the slider a bit further away so it doesn't overlap. This way it'd fit way better.
  3. 00:25:117 (1) - Useless NC, can you remove it?
  4. 00:39:034 (2,3) - Maybe improving the blanket here is a good idea, it only needs a tiny bit of fixing. Remember to copy 00:39:034 (2) - to 00:38:416 (1) - here also.
  5. 00:59:550 - If you can, please fill the areas here, same suggestion for your Nyan~ difficulty aswell, it's pretty weird to play now :/
  6. 01:24:189 (4,5) - You can improve this blanket too, it's near to be a perfect one.
  7. 01:28:828 (1,3) - These sliders are way unfitting, I was expecting mirror ones but nope. Please try to copy either one of them and paste it! That way it would fit way better~
  8. 01:34:601 (4,1,2) - Small improvement on the blanket and it's perfect!
  9. 01:37:178 (5,6) - Rotating them a bit and giving them a different position would help the flow here -> http://puu.sh/8BiTD.jpg
  10. Is your second kiai a copy from your first? If it is, make sure to improve the second kiai as well with the suggestions I gave you on the first one.
  11. 01:58:931 - Filling area suggestions.
  12. 02:16:147 (1,2) - I'd prefer to see a correct blanket here, in fact, here's a pattern that I find quite interesting -> http://puu.sh/8BiZz.jpg
  13. 02:22:952 (4,5) - Improving this blanket would be a great idea, again.
  14. 02:36:766 (6,7) - Hmm, I'd give them a bit more spacing because some might think 02:37:075 (7) - could start 1 tick earlier. Up to you.
  15. 02:45:838 (1) - Making this slider straight would fit really well LOL, example here -> http://puu.sh/8Bj4D.jpg and since it isn't a mirror one from your previous, my example makes it a bit better imo
  16. 03:10:684 - Areaaaa

Nyan~
  1. 00:12:127 (4) - If you can, try to make a better wave slider shape here, like this -> http://puu.sh/8Bj8Y.jpg (yes, this applied to all of your wave sliders)
  2. 00:18:931 (3) - I feel like if you want to, you can copy this instead. This is a way better version of ^ that one
  3. 00:31:302 (2,3) - I feel like these shapes could be a bit better, like this? http://puu.sh/8Bjei.jpg
  4. 00:39:653 (1,2,3,4) - More spacing would be pretty nice
  5. 00:43:983 (3) - Mm, if you can, make the end of this slider like this -> http://puu.sh/8Bjif.jpg so it wouldn't go out of screen
  6. 00:49:240 (4) - I feel like the curve here is way too much, rather unfitting with your previous sliders. Giving a shape like this to the slider would help a lot -> http://puu.sh/8Bjku.jpg
  7. 00:56:972 (1,2) - Here, make sure that the curve of this slider is more focused on the middle, not in the end (which you have now)
  8. 00:58:312 - You could start the spinner here, would give players more time to spin while also making it more fitting with the vocals!
  9. 00:59:550 - Please fill ;-; (till 01:00:580 - )
  10. 01:18:003 (2,3) - The overlap would be more stylish if it was on the middle of 01:18:312 (3) - instead of beginning
  11. 01:20:787 (2,3) - How about just a mirror from 2? That'd be way cooler
  12. 01:24:189 (1,3) - Your blanket is almost perfect so improving this isn't the worst idea ^^
  13. 01:24:704 (3,1) - ^
  14. 01:30:993 (4,5) - ^
  15. 01:34:086 (4,5,1) - Some DS errors here?
  16. 01:39:034 (1,2,3,4) - More spacing probably?
  17. 01:41:508 (5) - It'd be very cool if this slider was a blanket with 01:41:199 (4) - 's end, maybe you can do it? Also the curve that gives you would make it way more fitting with 01:42:436 (2) -
  18. 01:52:642 (1,2) - Blanket?
  19. 01:56:044 (4,5) - ^
  20. 01:57:900 (1) - and 01:58:931 - and suggestions are the same, you can start the spinner earlier (reasons stated in the previous suggestion) and by filling that empty part it makes it way more enjoyable to play.
  21. 02:10:580 (1,2) - This NC seems to be pretty useless and inconsistent, remove it maybe?
  22. 02:19:240 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Mm, maybe you could turn this into a bit smoother? It's fine though if you want to keep it like this.
  23. 02:47:075 (1,2) - Blanket :D
  24. 02:49:859 (1) - You can start this earlier too for the consistency and everything!
  25. 03:09:653 (1) - and 03:10:684 - .

Mm, call me back for a recheck! Let's hope this mod will help you out. :3
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani

Asphyxia wrote:

Normal I totally didn't accidentally delete the header
  1. The thing that is pretty annoying is that blankets such as 00:22:642 (2,3) - , 00:44:601 (4,1) - and 00:51:715 (2,3) - got ignored totally. You can consider fixing them all in this difficulty but I can live with it if you do not. I also want to remind you that making these blankets perfect would make the map more clean.
    Can't garuntee that I fixed all of them but I fixed some.
  2. 01:30:374 (1) - Maybe not the most beautiful slider around? Looking at your Hard difficulty, you did excellent sliders, I'm sure you could totally come up with an epic slider here too.
    Fixed it somewhat by making the 2 curves better. I can make it a whole new slider if the issue is the shape itself rather than the curves
  3. 02:18:622 (3,1) - Symmetric, yeah. It's still a DS error, please fix this.
    :((((((((((((((

Hard
  1. 02:36:766 (6,7) - Hmm, I'd give them a bit more spacing because some might think 02:37:075 (7) - could start 1 tick earlier. Up to you.
    I think I tried it and it ended up confusing me ;w;.

Nyan~
  1. 00:43:983 (3) - Mm, if you can, make the end of this slider like this -> http://puu.sh/8Bjif.jpg so it wouldn't go out of screen
    didn't exactly do that but I did something
  2. 00:58:312 - You could start the spinner here, would give players more time to spin while also making it more fitting with the vocals!
    didn't change ;wwww;. Mostly because the spinner would show up while notes are still actively being hit and it wouldn't look kawaii

Mm, call me back for a recheck! Let's hope this mod will help you out. :3
All of this was done off of memory so there was probably more stuff that I skipped ;w;. If it's not listed, I took it and used it.
Asphyxia
Actually, this looks very good now. I like it a lot. You can now consider your map
~ BUBBLED ~
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
rip this map the novid download doesn't show up

rip
jonathanlfj
nyan~

P.S. No-video download link is bugged on the webpage, but it shouldn't stop this map from getting ranked. If you are concerned please file a bug report.

EDIT: oh snap its here gg
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
RANKING THE MAP FIXED THE NOVIDEO PROBLEM

WHAT
Lust
oh shit congrats yo on the low
Seph
what the fuck

gz
Myxo
gratz :)
blackabyss
gratz CDFANYAN!
being a cat is wonderful ~:3
DakeDekaane
OMG CDFA-nyan ranked a nyan map >w<
SapphireGhost
Have to stop by due to my obsession with Japanese song titles.

RandomEffect wrote:

Title: "嗚呼、素晴らしきニャン生"
Still appears to be missing. I can see the source for "Ah, It's a Wonderful Cat Life" as a translated title, but I would still advocate for following the intention of the Romanised Title field and romanise the title to "Aa, Subarashiki Nyansei" which would in turn preserve the original punniness of the title. The rule confirming this seems to be stuck in development, so it's still technically your choice but remember that I'm the guy who Googled the favourite colours of all of the One Direction members for your map. I take things seriously.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
shit
captin1
As SapphireGhost pointed out, and after discussion with KSHR and CDFA as well, gonna bring this out of qualified to fix the title

KSHR wrote:

1. Title unicode: 嗚呼、素晴らしきニャン生
  2. Romanized title: Aa, Subarashiki Nyansei
jonathanlfj
rip scores
captin1
alright, good to go

reranked
BeatofIke
nyan nyan~ :3
DakeDekaane
SapphireGhost
You light up my world like nobody else.

Edit: I accidentally p/3100000 . This is my gift to you.
Trust
hey grats!
Asphyxia
woo, nice!
dkun
Congrats!
KSHR
Gratz! (BATs party! yay!)
Stefan
CATS ARE BETTER THAN DOGS

Clear statement, congratulations CDFA!
Xierra