forum

Lower Difficulty Guideline stuffs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
anna apple
Lower diff guidelines are normally used to help people learn how to map low diffs and should reflect how people actually talk about low diffs. These re-wordings aim to keep the original purposes intent with more focus on what would actually cause issues for players at this level.

normal diff rc wrote:

Avoid 1/2 hit objects after sliders which appear underneath the previous slider's path. Players at this level fully follow sliders’ paths, so placing a hit object directly after the slider is more intuitive. This also includes stacks underneath slider ends.
should be

proposed normal diff rc wrote:

Avoid 1/2 hit objects after sliders which appear completely hidden underneath the previous slider's path. Players at this level fully follow sliders’ paths, so placing a hit object directly after the slider is more intuitive. This also includes stacks underneath slider ends.
and

hard diff rc wrote:

Avoid mixing 1/2 and 1/4 rhythms in the same stack. Different rhythms of this density without spacing indication can cause reading issues.
should be

proposed hard diff rc wrote:

Avoid using the same spacing for 1/2 and 1/4 rhythms. Different rhythms of this density without spacing differentiation can cause reading issues.
Serizawa Haruki
I agree with this one
However, the thing about stacks shouldn't be dropped completely imo

Avoid using the same spacing and stacks for 1/2 and 1/4 rhythms. Different rhythms of this density without spacing differentiation can cause reading issues.
Topic Starter
anna apple

Serizawa Haruki wrote:

I agree with this one
However, the thing about stacks shouldn't be dropped completely imo

Avoid using the same spacing and stacks for 1/2 and 1/4 rhythms. Different rhythms of this density without spacing differentiation can cause reading issues.
sure, i thought with mine it still included it but yeah being more explicit is ideal wording of that is a bit brain

Avoid using 1/2 and 1/4 rhythms with the same spacing and in the same stacks. Different rhythms of this density without spacing differentiation can cause reading issues.
is better wording imo
pishifat
added something for the hard diff edit https://github.com/ppy/osu-wiki/pull/2300

normal diff thing isnt on rc anymore
pishifat
merged
UndeadCapulet
oh god why

this was sooo not what that guideline was for to begin with and this new addition is like just not good and going to cause so much confusion :psy*1000: i can already see the shitty qah reports now