forum

Songs for Beginning Mappers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LoliBeater
I am a new mapper and I understand that some songs are harder to map than others, but I don't know what songs to start with. I have only mapped 2 or 3 times and obviously they are not well made, but the song I am mapping currently is one that I don't even know if I should be mapping it yet, https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/952015#osu/1988007. I'm just looking for song suggestions that are beginner-friendly.
galactiknight
I am also new, but I just chose songs that I liked and started mapping, but I would suggest you choose ones that you know well or "feel." For me, if I can feel it then I know what I want the actual beatmap to feel like (like the speed of moving and such). I am trying to start mapping One Republics "Lift Me Up", but I only heard it recently so it's hard to know how I want to do it.
Again, I am new (and recently very busy) and it just so happened that I chose a song that's relatively slow, but it's one I listen to all the time. Hope that helps :D.

Edit:
Choose NOT boring ones and map like you're making the hardest possible difficulty and work down (the last part is what I am currently trying to do, I haven't asked anyone yet :P).
dennischan
Galactiknight is right, just choose a song which you will be passionate to map. Mapping is a very hard thing to do and you will need lots of determination to even finish your first map. Having some interest in the song will help you finish mapping your first map.