forum

alot of stuff im curious about

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Psychicbagel
I just reached 4000 pp, so party party yay

Moving on, I have this bad habit of curving my cursor when i do big jumps. Sometimes i miss because of this, how u guys solve this?

Also, does mechanical keyboard gives u more stamina?
ADelicateOrange
yay 4kpp! Think about all the other things you coulda been doing instead. Pepega

> Curving my cursor when I do big jumps.

Same. But, all I do is draw circles on my screen, so I just kinda compensate by drawing ovals instead.

> Mechanical Keyboard gives you more stamina?

No. Playing longer, harder, varied maps does that. Breathing helps too. Mechanical keyboards can help you not get fatigued or have your fingers hurt as much because you don't need to bottom-out to get the keyboard to register. Nevertheless, Mechanical Keyboard != More Stamina for Osu.
Celine
ya it can increase stamina depending on the switch type and how u tap

midway actuation point rly fucked my acc though and took me forever to get used to ir
Topic Starter
Psychicbagel
Thanks! I've heard most osu players use red switches cuz they're the lightest
Celine
Not really but they're kinda the easiest to find light switch

Gateron clears are the lightest I know (I use them rn) out there but unless you can bother desoldering stuffs/find a gat clear kb/have hotswappable kb reds should do just fine

I would suggest to actually try different switches by hand on actual keyboard and try playing with them before deciding but it can be pretty hard to do I guess

Just try to avoid razer/corsair stuffs they tend to be overpriced and rather faulty
Topic Starter
Psychicbagel
damn alright. I don't think it matters if I choke on a map 50+ in a row in the same spot tho.
Rikii
I just reached 4k pp the other day as well, so yay!

I do make a curve as well when doing like a straight line jumps, it kinda helps me timing better. Maybe its a habit problem?

As for the mechanical keyboard, it makes tapping easier. But it won't happen in 1 day. Next there are the type of switches. Do your research on which switch is the best for you. I used to play on Cherry Black which require 60g of force and felt comfortable with it and after selling my keyboard I use Silver which basically Red with shorter actuation point.
Celine
cursor dance-y movement are hypothetically worse because longer distance to aim but trying to avoid it can kinda mean too much strain and the time shave from snapping isnt exactly that much anyway (so basically its fine it just looks cancerous to look at from spectator perspective)

Also silvers are actually heavier than reds at bottom-out and with shorter travel distance, pretty sure a lot of people doesn't know that
Rikii

Miraculous wrote:

Also silvers are actually heavier than reds at bottom-out and with shorter travel distance, pretty sure a lot of people doesn't know that

Good to know that, thanks. I just switched from Razer Green to Cherry Black and not long time ago to Silver. Might try Red as well.
Topic Starter
Psychicbagel
Thanks! I currently use some 5 year old sticky microsoft keyboard, maybe it's time for a switch.