forum

[osu!std] Weeb Out osu! Tournament 30k-70k | 2v2 [Semifinals and Losers Round Two]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
muffleberry

Welcome to the first iteration of the Weeb Out osu! Tournament!

Information

This will be a 2v2, Team VS, ScoreV2, Double Bracket Elimination tournament. Teams will sign up using the form provided. You may have up to four players per team.

All pools will be anime-themed. The criteria of picking maps are as follows:
Songs with anime sources are the main focuses of the mappool.
Songs from games are allowed as long as the series has an anime adaptation, manga, movie/OVA, or a light novel.
Songs that are in any language other than Japanese are allowed as long as they fit the criteria listed above.
Songs that are remixed or covered are allowed as long as they fit the criteria listed above.
If games do not have an anime, manga, movie/OVA or light novel but is anime-themed, they are allowed.
Vocaloid songs are allowed.

We will take sixteen teams first. If it goes over that, we may do qualifiers OR if it reaches thirty two teams, we will cap it at that.
Referees, streamers and commentators may play in the tournament. Mappoolers are not allowed to do so.
Anyone within the rank range of #30,000 to #70,000 may join. We will have a 500 rank leeway. If any one of your team's members does not meet the rank range after registrations have ended, your team will automatically be disqualified.
After registrations end, you will be free to rank up or down.
Teams will be seeded by rank.
We have the right to disqualify your team from the tournament if there are any suspicious players from your team.
If possible (and if we get streamers), we will try to stream matches as early as RO16/RO32.
Round of 16 (and Round of 32) will be a BO7 (first to 4), Quarterfinals and Semifinals will be BO9 (first to 5), Finals are BO11 (first to 6), and Grand Finals will be BO13 (first to 7).
Round of 16 (and Round of 32) will only allow one ban. Quarterfinals onwards will have two bans.
Qualifiers will follow a mappool format of 2/1/1/1, RO16 (and RO32) will follow a mappool format of 4/2/2/2/3/1, while Quarterfinals all the way to Grand Finals will follow a mappool format of 6/3/3/3/3/1. Finals and Grand Finals will have the same mappool.
In Free Mod, all of the players are required to pick a mod. They are allowed to pick the same mod. Eligible mods are HD, HR, FL, and EZ.
PLEASE join the Discord Server. It is highly required since everything will be posted there, and the entire tournament will revolve around the server (reschedules, links, etc). After joining, PLEASE CHANGE YOUR NICKNAME IN THE SERVER TO YOUR osu! USERNAME.

Schedules

Registrations: April 6 - April 26 at 00:00 UTC+0
Qualifiers/Round of 32 (if needed): May 3 - May 6
Round of 16: May 10 - May 13
Losers Round One and Quarterfinals: May 17 - May 20
Losers Round Two & Three and Semifinals: May 24 - May 27
Losers Round Four & Five and Finals: May 31 - June 3
Losers Finals and Grand Finals: June 7 - June 10

If Qualifiers or Round of 32 are not needed, the entire schedule will be pushed back by a week.

Registrations

To register an entire team, click here.
If you are a solo player and are looking for a team, you can go to the Discord server and look for a team in #team_search.

Staff

Host: muffleberry
Co-Hosts: Pundice , woahsia
Moderators: Ange C , xX_MusicMan_Xx
Mappoolers: [FA]Blank , Arbusion ,MyAngelJackWang , muffleberry ,Pundice , Trinoline
woahsia
Commentators: mcgen , muffleberry , Pundice
Streamers: mcgen ,Mirthille , muffleberry Pundice
Referees: [FA]Blank , Apsuko , Arbusion , Cindergoat , GDLenny , iepie122 , Jacensz , jessechugaga , mcgen , Mirthille , Mimir , muffleberry , nef , Pundice , Redavor , steve_04_ , stmeao , xX_MusicMan_Xx

If you are interested to staff, contact me on Discord: muffleberry#2335. Poolers are okay now! Need more refs/streamers/commentators, especially referees from the US/EU/Middle East area.

Prizes

none because the host is a poor student

Champion:
1 month of supporter for every player in the winning team (Thank you Niegth! Owe you big time man)
A free hug from Kaeldori at the osu! event

If you'd like to donate to the Prize Pool, message me on Discord: muffleberry#2335

this is my first tournament ever, so if there are any mistakes or anything i should add, please message me about it!
pundice
HYPEHYPEHYPE
Topic Starter
muffleberry
not accepting any more poolers now^^

i seriously need refs, so if you think you can contribute please message me at Twitter: @_muffleberry or at Discord: muffleberry#2335
MasterAnimit
1 question: will u qualify Touhou songs to this pools?
Topic Starter
muffleberry

MasterAnimit wrote:

1 question: will u qualify Touhou songs to this pools?
yes
tomonosu
Hi, im down to join with my buddy agge56.
You Been Gnomed

tomonosu wrote:

Hi, im down to join with my buddy agge56.
thats me
Yuuki-chan
god i love pundice
Epiphany
wow pundice is hosting this tourney, he's a god
Mathyu
pundice is very awesome and cool and amazing wow awesome incredible
pundice
i love pundice so much he's a legend pog
malletmandan
Looking forward to this!
Blukey