forum

Long/Sustained Parts of a Song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
galactiknight
So my current beatmap, Wolf Bite, there is a part at 0:20 where the singer is sustaining (I'm not sure of the term) the word "show" while there is a beat in the background.

Currently, I have a spinner in places where this occurs, but it feels like it is being held for an awkwardly long time. I thought of putting in sliders and "circles" during this part, however, it creates the feeling of "hiccups" and breaks that I don't like.

Any ideas on what to put in places where there is a sustained singer voice and a beat in the background?
lewski
When the main instrument has a long held sound, people usually map a background instrument. Not sure what you mean by hickups but you should be able to avoid them somehow.
Topic Starter
galactiknight
the singer is sustaining a word for some period of time (im not sure of the proper term :P).

So when mapping the background instrument, should I also try to follow the singer too or focus on one thing?

edit: the "hiccups" are where i momentarily stop sustaining to add a beat. Like a slider, then circle then slider, which produces a break/hiccup, but gets the beat. That's what I tried doing before and I'm not sure if it feels awkward/ doesn't match up with the song
xenal
Usually, focus on one thing at the time and maybe give it some variation using other stuff around it, but it should stay on the same layer of music. Don't go 1 note is guitare, 1 note is vocal, 1 drum, 1 vocal, back to drum, guitare, etc.