forum

streams/bursts after slider

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chronicl
The one thing that I just can't seem to grasp is how to time doubles, triples or any kind of stream after a slider and I want to improve at it.
For example this https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/51972#osu/181253
is a map that it is really difficult for me. I just can't understand it rhythmically; stamina isn't an issue at all.

I'm looking for more maps that are similar to my example (I already have all the goreshit maps). They should have a star difficulty of 4.5-6.5 and bpm doesn't matter.

It would also be great if someone could explain how a double after a slider is timed.
Juuuuuuuuul
I can't check your example map now but, what i usually see when a double/triple or any kind of 1/4 (or faster) stuff is right at the end of a slider,
is that if we hear, for example, a triple in the music, the first note will be the slider-end and only the last 2 notes are clicked actively.
This may cause some trouble because instinctively, hearing a triple make me want to tap a triple.
Also, sometimes a mapper may use "extended sliders", that mean the slider-end (and the hitsound) will be offtime. this can fuck up our rythm when notes are right at this kind of slider-end. (sorry for my English, i hope it's understandable)

If you're speaking about something else, then sorry, i'll check your example map later.

Anyway, if you have doubts about timings, weird rythm, just open the map in the editor and check.
Topic Starter
chronicl
That is exactly what I was talking about and I think your answer will help me greatly.
I didn't even realize that the sliderend makes a sound and thus have never incorporated it when trying to hear the rhythm.
Seeing the sliderend as the first circle of a triple will take some time to get used to but it will probably solve my problem.

Thank you
Celine
play by mostly visual cue cuz 99% of circles r mapped to nothing