forum

LunaticMara's Tuuba Gaming Challenge (Incoming Game: SMB)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Mara

Bonus time are for scrubs.
Wojjan
Topic Starter
Mara
AND THE TIME IS OVER.

will do the cool shit later today tho
Flanster
Wojjan didnt make it?

Final scores archived here
Topic Starter
Mara
sadly no

I really want to see that whole video tho, that score looks fucking crazy
Blue Stig

LunaticMara wrote:

does it even have any sort of scoring system

damn boy

40 minutes left
Yeah...guess so...

Starfox 64 then?
Flanster
no
Wojjan
wow fuck you mara I thought you were cooler
Wojjan
no but seriously I am really pissed off right now! It took me nine consecutive hours of NES pinball to get the 999990,and just because myy PC can't run Windows Live Movie Maker and the deadline is too close and passed to download any other video editing software with which to edit it my score is null? If you'd given me a day more just to upload my run, of which I've given proof of its score and of its legitimacy, or figure a way for someone else to do so I could run this scoreboard again.

This totally sucks. I pinballed an ENTIRE NIGHT to make this work.
Topic Starter
Mara
how big was your file dude
Wojjan
I don't know! I don't even have a file yet! My laptop overheats from trying to save it, it's just a project on WMM right now. My PC has heating issues and can't be used intensely for a long while, and saving this video takes too much toll to complete. It crashed at 11% at worst, 43% at best. I have THIRTY parts of avi footage recorded, each roughly 2 GB? That's not even accounting the backing music.
James2250
Yeah I say give Wojjan the chance to upload before you finish the scoreboard, he got the score in the time limit so it should count. Not my decision in the end though :P

(Especially as it took so long + so much effort)
Topic Starter
Mara
Anyone else agree? Before I decide anything I'll say this;

Wojjan wrote:

I have THIRTY parts of avi footage recorded, each roughly 2 GB?
When handling such files, you don't use WMM. WMM does encode horribly and makes xb0x hueg files. Check this out bro t/83988 - that may help you a lot since you are using slow connection (because I am using one as well)
Flanster
dude, i woulda compacted that thing to less than 200mb

roughly said, you're doin it wrong.

But lets be fair and give em a chance?

Score is registered before the time limit so its valid.
Topic Starter
Mara
alright

wojjan you better encode and upload that shit quite fast
Pokebis
Did Wojjan make an emulator replay? Can't she just upload that?
Kert
Btw, if we gonna have mario speedruns we should discuss what ROM and setting to use
I mean, roms can be played on PAL and NTSC (50 and 60hz)
I suggest (J) roms with NTSC setting
Topic Starter
Mara

Pokebis wrote:

Whatever suits her, I'll take video of it anyway.

Kert wrote:

Btw, if we gonna have mario speedruns we should discuss what ROM and setting to use
Everyone agrees?
Flanster
I always go NTSC
Wojjan
I can't work Avisynth for the life of me. Any suggestions where I can just slap all of it together comprehensibly?
nooodl_old
Super Mario Bros. (JU) (PRG0) [!].nes is the one used for speedrunning, officially. As long as you don't use a PAL ROM you probably have the right one.
Pokebis

Wojjan wrote:

I can't work Avisynth for the life of me. Any suggestions where I can just slap all of it together comprehensibly?
Maybe you could play it all into a Livestream and let that save the video for you.
Topic Starter
Mara
wojjan send me a PM, give me your avisynth scripts etc

is it possible to download videos from livestream
IppE

Wojjan wrote:

It's not rocket science.

awp

LunaticMara wrote:

Pokebis wrote:

Whatever suits her, I'll take video of it anyway.

Kert wrote:

Everyone agrees?
can't I just play it on the TV in my NES?
Yuzeyun

LunaticMara wrote:

wojjan send me a PM, give me your avisynth scripts etc

is it possible to download videos from livestream
I think it is. Just need some video grabbers and ta-da you can. I tried on twitch, since it works the same way on LStream I think this is possible.

218th post yayzers
Wojjan

Pokebis wrote:

Wojjan wrote:

Maybe you could play it all into a Livestream and let that save the video for you.
If I can't even run Windows Movie Maker for long enough, odds are Livestream is gonna be even worse.
Topic Starter
Mara
How about this;

People who actually still own SMB on NES can still use it , regardless of PAL/NTSC version. We can count that as nostalgia bonus. But remember that you need to record that as well!

The ones who are going to use an emulator needs to use (JU) (PRG0) [!].nes-version, which nooodl mentioned.

Does this sound ANY fair?
James2250

LunaticMara wrote:

The ones who are going to use an emulator needs to use (JU) (PRG0) [!].nes-version, which nooodl mentioned.
Now to look up what any of this means because I don't pay attention to details! :D
I am fine with people using the original if they have it.

Also idk if there is a way to prove Wojjan's score without her providing the full replay...? (Seeing as the full video seems to be a problem)
Topic Starter
Mara
Hmm.. Maybe she should just give me her movie replay (if she recorded with an emulator recorder), and I'll put it in jootoob.

I'm getting insane any moment.

If you have SMB on Wii, you can also play that, btw. I'm still thinking about All-Stars.
Pokebis

Wojjan wrote:

If I can't even run Windows Movie Maker for long enough, odds are Livestream is gonna be even worse.
Record it with a physical camcorder. It'll be so hardcoar.
silmarilen
is there a save file you can upload or something? then someone else can make a video of it.

oh thats what mara just said.
laport
that sound from the emulator or the wii never seems right.. only snes can pull it all off
Mianki

LunaticMara wrote:

If you have SMB on Wii, you can also play that, btw. I'm still thinking about All-Stars.
I have All-Stars on Wii.
awp

LunaticMara wrote:

People who actually still own SMB on NES can still use it , regardless of PAL/NTSC version. We can count that as nostalgia bonus. But remember that you need to record that as well!
hell yeah!

What are the rules/objectives? Speedrun? Warp pipes on/off? Glitch abuse?
Topic Starter
Mara
So far the rules are like this;

- Highest score wins.
- Warp pipes are allowed.
- Infinite lives trick is NOT allowed.

and something I probably forgot
awp
I'm bad at SMB so I'm just going to upload whatever I happen to do

maybe I'll get drunk before doing it. You will be able to hear me playing it since I'll record with a digital camera on a CRT screen
Topic Starter
Mara
Sounds amazing. Can't wait.
Kert
Why not just speedrun?
Farming score in SMB is pretty stupid
Getting score in the level > getting 1up > dying > same shit again
James2250

Kert wrote:

Why not just speedrun?
Farming score in SMB is pretty stupid
Getting score in the level > getting 1up > dying > same shit again
If we do speedrun then we need any warp pipes to be banned, but even then this is a point thread :P

We probably need some more rules to avoid point abuse, just can't think of any atm.
show more