forum

DPI Help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lxureh
Hi ^^, i need help setting up my mouse dpi, i was playing with 480 but it feeled a little bit off, so i got down to 400, with 400 and 480, i got problems with vertical jumps since i couldn't flick my wrist enough to hit them, but i cant increase much my dpi since i have a 1360x768 screen and anything higher to 480 its not comfortable. What can i do?

(Logitech G302, 1024x768 osu! res, 500 hz polling rate)
Mitsuri
If your snapping is really good/speed, you can have lower dpi, but if you're more precise in terms of movement, go for higher dpi. Generally, 800dpi is considered to be average for osu
Celine
768p on 480dpi seems quite reasonable to me
Topic Starter
lxureh

Mitsuri wrote:

If your snapping is really good/speed, you can have lower dpi, but if you're more precise in terms of movement, go for higher dpi. Generally, 800dpi is considered to be average for osu

My snaps are good, but sometimes i just cant reach the speed needed to hit the jump/stream/?

And i feel 800 dpi fast, since i play in 1024, but even in 1360x768, it is still fast to me.
Hatted
Get one sensitivity and stick to it, with time you'll build muscle memory and get confident with it.

I use 800dpi with 1920x1080 and it always felt perfect for me. I recommend using the same dpi/resolution in osu! and your desktop or other games, as it prevents your muscle memory from getting lost while your not playing.
dung eater
If it's not comfortable to do with wrist learn to use some arm or a higher sens.
trindomeer

httd wrote:

Get one sensitivity and stick to it, with time you'll build muscle memory and get confident with it.

I use 800dpi with 1920x1080 and it always felt perfect for me. I recommend using the same dpi/resolution in osu! and your desktop or other games, as it prevents your muscle memory from getting lost while your not playing.

TOTALLY agree with this. I think the stuff about osu improving reaction time in other games is absolute hogwash, but it definitely helps mouse accuracy if you are consistent. This being said, be aware that many pc games, perhaps most notably league, will override your mouse sensitivity with their own custom settings. If you notice that some game you play feels really different in terms of mouse sensitivity, you might want to Google this.