forum

Weekly Challenge

posted
Total Posts
show more
JappyBabes

fartownik wrote:

That's it for now... I will probably post a better score/FC later.
DT wut. x_x
CXu

SeySan wrote:

fartownik wrote:

I'm not sure if making screenshots only as a proof is enough here. Very easy to manipulate in Photoshop. Why not to send a replay if the score was really impressive?

Also, why not to make a compilation video containing 5 best plays of every week's challenge? That'd be kind of prize, wouldn't take much time if you get someone experienced to do it.

Edit: I didn't find a rule about this - can we post our scores multiple times, if we do it better, or are we allowed to post just once and for all?
I can check if the photos are not manipulated if they are an original osu-screenshot with an URL like "http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/xxx". Other photos will not be evaluated. Osu screenshots cannot be edited as well.
Unfortunately I cannot force everyone to upload a video but I think osu-links are safe enough.
But if someone wants to upload a video (But not everyone has programs like "Fraps") he should feel free to do it of course.
All I have to do for this is quoting the post of the person, you can see the link of the screenshot then.

The video for the Top 5 is a great idea. I'll try to do it. But the condition is that the person has to be in the Top 40 (so I can record it) or recorded the video for her-/himself and uploaded it here.

And yes, posting scores multiple is allowed!

----------------------------------

YodaSnipe wrote:

Looks like a nice map... I hope we get a map I actually like in the future :/
Who knows, maybe you will. Just check it weekly.

---------------------------------

@JappyBabes: Please put your screenshot in a box and entitle it with the mod you played on. I already explained that in the song rules.
Well, you can always right click a screenshot to check the link. Also p/1633096 , so requiring an .osr would probably be better. This way, you'll automatically have the replays from all participants, and can make that TOP 5 video regardless of if they got into the TOP40 or not.
Topic Starter
Sey
I'm not sure. Maybe I'll only upload rank 1. I'll think about everything through that night. It's a lot work and still I have to study besides. Maybe I need more support. :?
BlazingFX
Dammit T.T So close to FC'ing insane.

Anyway, sorry for being a beginner but...by screenshot, you mean F12 right? also how do you upload the screenshot >_>

Edit: YES FC'ed it. so hard T.T

thanks tshemmp

Most of the 100's from sliders QQ
Tshemmp

BlazingFX wrote:

Anyway, sorry for being a beginner but...by screenshot, you mean F12 right? also how do you upload the screenshot >_>
Shift+F12 directly uplaods the screenshot. Your browser will open and then you can copy the URL.
Tenshichan
Finally, after so many tries I got the Insane FC'ed. ^w^
Shitty spinner but I don't care ^^
Video Link: *click*
karterfreak

SeySan wrote:

I'm not sure. Maybe I'll only upload rank 1. I'll think about everything through that night. It's a lot work and still I have to study besides. Maybe I need more support. :?
I can make a video of top 3 from each mode if you would like.
Ekoro
dat 1/3 jumps are annoying :(

maybe i'll try later ~
Marcin

Tasha wrote:

SeySan wrote:

I can make a video of top 3 from each mode if you would like.
I can either.
Dragovian

WOW, nice map :3
Topic Starter
Sey
@Tasha and Marcin: Thank you! That would be awesome! Maybe you can make a special youtube-account for the weekly challenge. That means: Every week 9 videos(?)
If you feel able to do it it would be great. :)
Topic Starter
Sey

dragovian wrote:

WOW, nice map :3
Thank you^^" Btw: Don't forget that only your best SCORE counts. So if you only do normal you prolly won't be able to get in the top 5 and I know you can, drago :p
fartownik

SeySan wrote:

@Tasha and Marcin: Thank you! That would be awesome! Maybe you can make a special youtube-account for the weekly challenge. That means: Every week 9 videos(?)
If you feel able to do it it would be great. :)
Just make a compilation of every mod so that gives 3 videos, 1 video is more comfortable to watch than 5.
Topic Starter
Sey

fartownik wrote:

Just make a compilation of every mod so that gives 3 videos, 1 video is more comfortable to watch than 5.
Not a bad idea at all. Marcin, Tasha? You feel able to do this?
Marcin
Ukhm why not?, Just provide replays :/
BlazingFX

Marcin wrote:

Ukhm why not?, Just provide replays :/
;D chances are the records here are all top 40
Topic Starter
Sey
I can't provide them. There we are back to topic. Inb4 Top 40.
Nashmun

SeySan wrote:

Thank you^^" Btw: Don't forget that only your best SCORE counts. So if you only do normal you prolly won't be able to get in the top 5 and I know you can, drago :p
Does it means that everyone who play insane diff, in taiko mode, will get higher than every player on Taiko specific diff, as it gives more points ? :<
Lunah
karterfreak

SeySan wrote:

fartownik wrote:

Not a bad idea at all. Marcin, Tasha? You feel able to do this?
That's what I was planning on doing anyways.

Marcin: Which ones do you plan on making so I don't waste upload on one of the modes you plan on uploading? :P
Swatty
So now when there is Nightcore mod, is it banned or it can be used instead of DT? :D
Topic Starter
Sey

Swatty wrote:

So now when there is Nightcore mod, is it banned or it can be used instead of DT? :D
Allowed instead of DT.
Marcin

Tasha wrote:

That's what I was planning on doing anyways.

Marcin: Which ones do you plan on making so I don't waste upload on one of the modes you plan on uploading? :P
Whatever, chose what you want. Just tell me what do you leave for me
_noone_
mhh i wanted to post the ctb diff as screen >.< but trying it fc is damn hard =/

so here is an Insane one =)

greets Key ^^

p.s.
da ja jetzt auch weniger Punkte gewertet werden:

fartownik
Also wow, I forgot to ask about this too. By judging the records, do you look ONLY at the score of the player or generally at the performance? If it's just score I'd say it's pretty much nonsense like the official Score Ranking. For ex. - is my score with 600x combo DT, 95,5% acc worse than someone's FC no mod on Hard? I would say no, most people would say no too. Would you clarify the judging rules?

Also meh, sorry for so much questions. I know I'm picky.
Topic Starter
Sey

fartownik wrote:

Also wow, I forgot to ask about this too. By judging the records, do you look ONLY at the score of the player or generally at the performance? If it's just score I'd say it's pretty much nonsense like the official Score Ranking. For ex. - is my score with 600x combo DT, 95,5% acc worse than someone's FC no mod on Hard? I would say no, most people would say no too. Would you clarify the judging rules?

Also meh, sorry for so much questions. I know I'm picky.
I normally wanted to look only on the score.
Maybe I'll change the rules a bit. For example that I distinguish between the difficulties, so every player has a chance to reach the Top 5 in a difficulty.
Anyway, if I make a list per difficulty only the Top 3 of the BEST difficulty will get a video. At least that was my idea.

To your performance criteria: I will try to do it. I wanna try to remunerate the people with a good performance (maybe therefore not FC but many mods) as well. Maybe in the extra list or something... As I already told in the first post: No player is supposed to get lost, every player will appear in at least one of the achievement lists on Sunday. I hope that answers your question at least a bit...

Edit:
I think that sounds fair, what do you think?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit2:

Nashmun wrote:

SeySan wrote:

Does it means that everyone who play insane diff, in taiko mode, will get higher than every player on Taiko specific diff, as it gives more points ? :<
Not anymore. I changed the evaluation system for now.
You can see it on the picture above.
Kurokami
Since no luck until now with Insane. I always get 1 or two misses. ._.
I think this new system is the best. :3
JappyBabes
New system is better than performance rankings, seems like you win fartownik. gg ppy
Topic Starter
Sey
Well fartownik is right. Too difficult for many players otherwise. I really hope you like the new evaluate system now.
If not please tell me what you'd like to change.

And JappyBabes: This is no battle between me and fartownik... orz
BlazingFX
People too good, getting ranks 2-4 on standard insane. :(( I wish I knew how to play HD
//gonna get kicked off top 5 soon! ;D
JappyBabes

SeySan wrote:

I meant he's pretty much won for this week w/ DT.
Topic Starter
Sey

JappyBabes wrote:

SeySan wrote:

I meant he's pretty much won for this week w/ DT.

I see.
Colored
joined to standart~
i'll start play from next challenge week :3
Topic Starter
Sey
You can already stay this week if you like.
Colored

SeySan wrote:

You can already stay this week if you like.
ok)
last day of this challenge week - sunday? (sorry my english bad)
Marcin
Yes. it's sunday
Topic Starter
Sey

Marcin wrote:

Yes. it's sunday
5 pm GTM +2 / CET
winber1
omfomfgofmofomfogmfg i keep getting so damn nervous. my accuracy died so badly at the end.

MUST KEEP TRYING
G0r

I'll try to do better than this, but I'm not sure if I can FC it before the deadline, so here you go. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
XK2238

had sound pollution while on it :<
show more