forum

I want to feel accomplished.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ashton
Hello everybody,

For this entire week from Monday to Friday (as it was spring break) I did nothing but sit in front of a laptop playing video games. I only did a little bit of art and watched a little bit of Netflix but I feel like I'm not accomplished.

With school starting again soon, (because I'm little kid who still in school XD) I want to make sure I feel accomplished over the break and confident to get back into the groove of things. But I don't know what to do!!

Someone be my illegal guardian for a few moments and give me a list of things to do.
Westonini
Well, what are you interested in?
Topic Starter
Ashton

Westonini wrote:

Well, what are you interested in?

school, art, writing, (dance)? (I actually think dancing looks cool but always cringe whenever i try to do it and cba to put time, money, or effort to learn how to dance well. i used to be able to do fairly decent gymnastics and have tried yoga/stretching to get good at it again and honestly it's quite fun to do gymnastics again even if i'm bad at them now ignore this badly english parateheses )
Meah
Give me money
Westonini
Why not try to pursue and improve at one of those interests during your free time? Improvement towards something you enjoy would most likely make you feel a sense of accomplishment.
Achromalia
Time for me to throw some shit at the wall, let's see what sticks.

Consider something you'd find to be a goal of yours. This can relate to any ideal you hold, or anything you enjoy, or perhaps, for the sake of others.

Try making practical decisions regarding this goal. Start becoming forward-thinking and try to propel yourself into your work, despite whatever sorts of inertia you feel right now.

Perhaps, you need to satisfy something that you've longed for.

Be it work, passion, or communication/debate, if there's something you feel impacted by and could actually give a shit about, then get yourself involved in those things.
Journal
You seem like the type of person that needs a little steering to get back into their game. I don't know what will actually help you, but try taking walks outside.
Drink something non-alcoholic. Catch up with any old friends.
Learn something new. Set some easily attainable goals for yourself and write them down.
Hold your breath for 3 seconds, and quickly think of something that made you a bit happy or relieved today.Take up new hobbies. (drawing, cooking, whatever suits your fancy.)
Sit up straight for 30 seconds and just stare straight ahead for 5 seconds without blinking. Look at the stars.
Breathe in the night air. Maybe bike at a public, busy non-suspicious area if you can. Think of yourself a year from now. What do you look like? How is your family? Your professional life? Then think of yourself 2 years from now. Then 3. Then 4. Then 5. Then stop. Compare the future you to the current you. How would you like the future you to be? Envision it, and remember it. Mere wishful thinking won't get you anywhere, but if you really want to

Ashton wrote:

get back into the groove of things.
try some of the above methods. Who knows, maybe it'll help.
Topic Starter
Ashton
Thank you for these replies it has been very helpful.
Meah
Giving me money is indeed helpful
Tad Fibonacci
You could try doing all the things that other people have recommended you, OR

You could try beating dark souls with a broken sword.

Here's the tutorial: