forum

how did u discover osu and when did you realise you were addicted?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LordBravery
the perfect question, how did u discover osu and when did you realise you were addicted?
Achromalia
I don't exactly recall how exactly I got into osu!, but once I saw all the different songs and genres of music, and the fun there was in interacting with music in its rhythm, i was pretty hooked.
Tad Fibonacci
I think there's already a thread similar to this on GD.

But to answer your question, I first discovered Osu! by playing the iOS version on my iPad. It was quite fun but the songs are really limited and was pretty overpriced. Later I found out there's a PC version so I downloaded it and tried it out.

I wouldn't say that I'm addicted though. I do play regularly, albeit a lot less lately. I do enjoy Osu but I was never addicted to it.
levesterz
Let see how it started. Hmm ....... It all started 9 years ago when i
I was just browsing mindlessly in the depth of the site that name Youtube
I was searching for some game review and stuff . Then I stumble one youtuber is reviewing Osu and some gameplay footage . The song thst he was playing is very nice and such so I click on the link they provide and oh boy was it a huge mistake. Been stuck in here ever since.
Plini
discovered osu 9 years ago, I was 10 and some of my friends said that it improved aim in CS1.6, we used to play that a lot in computing classes.

i keep playing from time to time, it didn't improve my aim but holy shit it was lots of fun.

that's when I discovered some cookie that fced freedom dive and hommarju DTHD and got banned because of hacks lol, at that time I used to watch his live plays and I thought that playing osu with a tablet could be a lot funnier.

when I bought my 1st tablet in 2015 I couldn't go back, it was like a new game and since then I haven't really dropped this game.

also im a weeb because of this game
abraker
In internet, a gamer. Pathetic looser.
No leaderboard. One day, friend show new game.
I try game. But, mistake! I beat friend! No longer friend.
I look around, come to forums. No experience, know nobody, no shit.
OT give me place. Now I have something. OT friends and new addiction: OT give meaning.
My big secret: I hate this game. I bad gamer. The worst!
ColdTooth

abraker wrote:

OT give me place. Now I have something. OT friends and new addiction: OT give meaning.
xDDDD oopsie woopsie i fucky wucky appwove of dis xPPPP u all awe vewy vewy shitposty OwO!!!
Achromalia

ColdTooth wrote:

abraker wrote:

xDDDD oopsie woopsie i fucky wucky appwove of dis xPPPP u all awe vewy vewy shitposty OwO!!!
idda bwewy bwewy fuwnny shitpowhst, i suppowt yow appwoovel of this powhst uwu uwu uwu!!!

*cough*

help.
Dawns
osu got posted to a forum board i frequented in 09. i checked it out, played it a bit.

i havent realized im addicted yet
keremaru
osu! appeared in recommended on youtube tv (watched shit ton of nightcore back in 13-year old land)
looked fun, watched caramel heaven insane fc
cool, forgot about it until a year ago
classmate in english class playing guitar hero-like game
me ask
"what game"
he say
"osu"
i go
"that osu?"
he go
"ye"
i download game, get ahri pfp
switch to bard
back to ahri
make first forum post in type until get error thread
get called idot by cynp-zy
become affiliated with ot
play osu!mania
play osu!std
play osu!taiko
play osu!ctb for next 10 months
past the 7-month mark i knew i addict osu
now i year old and hate fc'ing ctb
TheLegendaryHD
i discovered osu while watching sodapoppin stream when he was reacted to jhlee0133 plays a fool moon night which i think impossible for normal human being to do that shit, so i got interested in osu and try to download it and play some mania bois

i realized i was addicted to osu is when i dreamed about getting 95% accuracy on galaxy collapse
Radiohead
one time, i was at my grandma's house for the weekend and i was really wanting to find a rhythm/music video game and my uncle (which he was there at the time, and he's a gamer by the way)
he introduced me to this game called osu!

i was like "wot is that" and he showed me the game
after playing for a little bit, i knew i liked the game.
played it ever since.

i realized i was addicted to osu! was when I was playing the game every day for 3 months straight.
Serraionga
found it through some youtuber who is inactive now

this game was completely different compared to anything i played throughout my life (never played rhythm games before), and when i heard you could play with a fucking tablet—of all things—it just sparked my interest even more

however, as it happens with every game i play, i get bored of it after a while, i find better games to play and i don't come back to it after an extensive amount of time (or never, if the game has like no replayability at all).

Also, my days of addiction are long gone.

But I might come back.
Vuelo Eluko
how is 25 hrs in a year addicted
did i miss something
Zekks
my good friend Zersana and Numeel began playing it so i decided to check it out, i found out i was addicted when i got my tablet
roshan117
I watched a video of an undertale beatmap and was intrigued

IDK when I realized I was addicted
Nigrod
My friend told me about this game.
I said that’s pretty cool
So I downloaded the game
And an month in I’m somewhat addicted
that’s nice.

See this question s like the one in GD but adds the addicted part.
Journal
Ex showed me this game around 6 years ago on Google+, made an account after the constant videos of him playing being sent in the group chats, stopped playing after a month, forgot my password, and here I am again addicted...with a new account. Orz
TheLegendaryHD

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

how is 25 hrs in a year addicted
did i miss something

exactly what i thought
Nikolai
since the first circle
MisakiTobisawa-
I knew about this game for a long time but it looked hard as fuck. One day, I picked it up out of boredom. I already knew I would be addicted when I started because that's what happens to me with every rhythm game, or at least until it becomes too easy. That will never happen for a game like this, though. Fortunately, my parents want me to study, so I don't waste my whole life on this game.
Serraionga

Journal wrote:

with a new account
abraker
oof what a slip
Aiseca

Serraionga wrote:

Journal wrote:

with a new account

Hmm... I can see gray color looming over the horizon..
Carmlillball
I'm not addicted, but l play Osu casually. l discovered it from the Roblox game 'Robeats'. I wanted to make a map for the game and it said that this required Osu, so I downloaded this game and decided to try it out because I have it and I didn't understand mapping and thought that knowing how the game works and how to play it would help. Now I understand the basics of mapping, but not enough to be any good at it, because I'm struggling with the timing part of it. I'm now mainly a player and I occasionally explore and experiment with the mapping options. I've left Robeats despite being very good at the game because I have a new computer, which runs Roblox terribly, although I've done everything which was advised to lower lag levels for the game. Osu, however, works perfectly. Although I kinda miss Robeats and all of my process on there, I've moved on. I still prefer to play complex 4k maps than easy 5k, because Robeats is a 4k mania game with the difficulties changing by note density alone, but I am learning other key amounts and I'm okay at 5k and 6k. I've started by Taiko being my main mode, but I think that I'm now playing quite equally with Taiko and the main mode (the one where you click circles). I've only just checked and realised that my Taiko time is only 15 minutes more than the main mode. I'd say that Taiko is my best mode for how comfortable I feel with it, and the main mode is my best mode for stars (Taiko being 3* and main being 4*). Surprisingly enough, Mania isn't a main mode, with half the playtime of my Taiko.
Ryoid
Question 1 : when i'm searching a rhythm game that have a touhou song

Question 2 : when i'm seeing a low life existence in a mirror with heavy eyebag after playing 6 hour straight