forum

Getting A Graphics Tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
galactiknight
I'm planning on getting graphics tablet and I have my eyes on the $20 Huion 420.

I have never used a graphics tablet before and I would like to know if there are other any good budget tablets and if Huion ones are good. I have also seen Veikk and XP-Pens on Amazon. The active area for a H420 seems pretty small and I'm not sure if this could become an issue.
I prefer ones priced less than $50 (someone I asked told me to get a Wacom Intuos, but the thang is $80)

Also, can someone explain some of the specs like "LPI, Report Rate, and Pressure Level" and what I should look for in a tablet.

This is one block of text :P (I wish I know how to do more emoticons :P )
Tommy Kelso
I have the exact same tablet as you are planning on buying. It works a dream honestly.

At first when you start using it, you are going to feel really awkward holding the pen and navigating or whatever, just don't give up on the tablet like some people do and just move back to mouse because they feel comfortable with it. The pen is just a little heavier than a normal pen so I should be fine for you, however it tends to slip out my hand a lot but that's just my awkward pen grip :P

The active area on the tablet can be adjusted really easily, and to be honest, you probably want a smaller active area just so that you don't literally destroy your wrist by dragging the pen all over the place haha.

For the LPI, it isn't really important for playing Osu, its more to do with the actual graphics side of the using the tablet, like with drawing and stuff, and its the same thing with the pressure level, it's just not relevant. With the report rate though, that just indicates how many reports of the pen moving are sent from the tablet per second, so the higher the report rate, the more accurate the pen movement is. Again, you don't really need to be worrying about it since you probably are only going to be using it for Osu (i'm guessing?), so just make sure you don't just cash out on a really expensive tablet, bearing in mind the tablets are meant to be used for drawing and graphics, hence the price.

Just buy the H420, cheapest one on the market and good quality as well. hope i helped :)
Topic Starter
galactiknight
So I plan to use it for playing Osu and some basic writing/drawing.

When I looked at the product description, it wasn't clear on whether the tablet is wireless or cabled (aside from using cable to charge). This isn't too much of a concern for me, but I just wanted to know. I am also curious if I should get one of those glove things when using it.

Anyway, your post is super helpful :D

Thanks bhavv
Tad Fibonacci
It's wired. It uses a USB port.

And no, you don't need a drawing glove for it. Those gloves are only good for when you're drawing with lead or something that could potentially get on your hand while you draw.
Since it's a tablet and you're basically drawing on a piece of plastic, you won't need it.
Topic Starter
galactiknight
Okay.

BTW does anyone know whether the XP-Pen G430S is any good for $3 (so $23) more than the Huion?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BA6XQI0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AABH22FTN87KM&psc=1
vSanguine
XP-Pen G640 Masterrace