forum

Can i get help with hitsounds to my map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Niviro
I am still a new mapper and it is difficult for me to get hitsounds, can i get help with this somewhere?
Here is map https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/945383#osu/1974183
TheKingHenry
You looking for hitsound files or hitsounding? If it's former you can find a lot of 'em in the depths of your osu! folder like in skins and mapsets and whatnot, see if there's something you like somewhere in there (likely so). Googling can also of course yield some depending on what you're looking for.

If it's the latter, I'd recommend just trying shit yourself. It's going to be better for you down the line to be able to hitsound yourself
galactiknight
I did a quick first impression of the beginning.

In terms of what hitsound to use in the song, I would use the drum sampleset and use the two that sounds like drums (should be under "finish" and "clap" when changed). I would also recommend you to turn down the hitsound volume just until you could barely hear it (for none drum parts). Especially during the guitar part, in the beginning, the default sound ruins it IMO.

I am also a new mapper and this is just my opinion :P
Topic Starter
Niviro

TheKingHenry wrote:

You looking for hitsound files or hitsounding? If it's former you can find a lot of 'em in the depths of your osu! folder like in skins and mapsets and whatnot, see if there's something you like somewhere in there (likely so). Googling can also of course yield some depending on what you're looking for.

If it's the latter, I'd recommend just trying shit yourself. It's going to be better for you down the line to be able to hitsound yourself

In general, yes, the problem is mainly in finding the right hitsaunds, that is, to find them in the game or on the internet is not a problem, but to understand exactly what you need in one way or another is very difficult, especially when there are many different sounds in the song that need to be expressed by different hitsaunds.
lewski
This guide may be helpful