forum

So one question.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HelloItsMagic
One question

What should I do

My keyboard has a delay registration input after pressing the button is 40 milliseconds

And I want the input registration to be equal to the bit and the moments when the stroke has completely reached the circle as at 300

I don't have audio and video out of sync

I just have a keyboard delay and there are ways to compensate for that other than buying a new keyboard

Because of this I will be able to feel comfortable only when playing maps where the time window to 300 will be more than 40 milliseconds

And if I don't understand something,I'm sorry.
Remilo

HelloItsMagic wrote:

One question

What should I do

My keyboard has a delay registration input after pressing the button is 40 milliseconds

And I want the input registration to be equal to the bit and the moments when the stroke has completely reached the circle as at 300

I just have a keyboard delay and there are ways to compensate for that other than buying a new keyboard

Because of this I will be able to feel comfortable only when playing maps where the time window to 300 will be less than 40 milliseconds

Well, what keyboard do you have right now that your using for osu?
Topic Starter
HelloItsMagic

Ramilo wrote:

HelloItsMagic wrote:

One question

What should I do

Because of this I will be able to feel comfortable only when playing maps where the time window to 300 will be less than 40 milliseconds

whose button click registration occurs after 40 milliseconds after the actual click

I wrote less time window, I had to write that if the time window is more than 40 milliseconds, I apologize
7ambda
Set global offset to -40

Otherwise, buy a mechanical keypad (generally cheaper than an entire keyboard)
Topic Starter
HelloItsMagic

J_8579 wrote:

Set global offset to -40

Otherwise, buy a mechanical keypad (generally cheaper than an entire keyboard)

If I am not mistaken, it only affects the hitsounds

But I do not use hitsounds i have 0 Sound effects
repr1se

HelloItsMagic wrote:

This is correct. It only affects hitsounds, so HelloItsMagic will still have to hit 40ms early.

Search "keyboard delay [your OS here]" and have a look at potential solutions. It may be due to some software. Eliminate that possibility before you move to hardware (i.e. buying another keyboard).

Ramilo wrote:

^
What keyboard brand and model? This would help a lot.
Topic Starter
HelloItsMagic

repr1se wrote:

HelloItsMagic wrote:

This is correct. It only affects hitsounds, so HelloItsMagic will still have to hit 40ms early.

Search "keyboard delay [your OS here]" and have a look at potential solutions. It may be due to some software. Eliminate that possibility before you move to hardware (i.e. buying another keyboard).

Ramilo wrote:

^
What keyboard brand and model? This would help a lot.

I have the cheapest keyboard at the moment.

Even the mechanical keyboard has an input delay and it seems more than 15 MSK

But if I remember correctly when OD 10 time window will be 13 m sec and this means that in any case you will need to change the offset
7ambda

HelloItsMagic wrote:

Yes, and if you don't want to buy a keyboard replacement, you'll have to use audio offset to compensate (after eliminating software as a possibility, of course).

You don't use hitsounds? Then it's your loss.
Juuuuuuuuul

HelloItsMagic wrote:

WRONG
lewski
What juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul said; offset moves the entire map, not just the hitsounds. After all, there'd be no point in having offset settings if you couldn't use them to counteract hardware problems.