Total votes: 96
show more
eldnl
I like your idea
Stefan

eldnl wrote:

I like your idea
winber1
Obviously I would like to see a complete design before truly giving all my support in, so I know how everything works. It's a little rough at the moment, but I do agree the current mod-queue forum is not that greatly organized and is misleading much of the time.

However, I do support the primordial idea.
Topic Starter
Marcin
Well thanks for motivate, As said I'll make some kind of "maybe"-working page tomorrow.My creativity is not as good for this, but my programming skills are on good level to make this done.
Ekaru
Okay, yeah, yes please. I've wanted something like this for years.

EDIT: I would see if you can have the queues be sorted into three different types: "Normal", "M4M", and "Special", as designated by the user. Not sure if that would be hard to do, though, and that would probably not be your first priority.
Topic Starter
Marcin
Not really hard - everything is possible, thanks for ideas, I'll try to make some of them today.
BTW: if you are voting in pool, please say your opinion about this, I'd really like to know what do you think about this.
Miya
Nice, with this, modding queue will be more neat than before. Support :D
bomber34
great idea ... i don't use queques right now, because the subforum is a mess in my eyes.
Goodl luck :D
Noob Man
Sounds great, and maybe you could add a feature that indicates if we already posted in a queue ? (not sure if possible, just asking ^^; )
Good luck, that's an interesting idea. =D
Topic Starter
Marcin
You mean filtering through queues which you posted / not posted already ? Then, mappers will need to log in ( OR use cookies, but whenever you clear your browser you won't be able to filtr through used / not used :/, and it was supposed to log in only for modders, to change/ release slots, customize page.)
Noob Man
Yes, that was my idea. I was also thinking about the cookies (and I don't know, I clear my browser every 2/3/4 months, and at that time your map could have got enough mods... ^^) ; but if it's impossible (or if you think it's useless), just ignore me. u__u'
Topic Starter
Marcin
Well it's not impossible, it's just about additional loggging in system (for users to claim queues :3)
Noob Man
It's just a suggestion, huh, don't worry too much about this (personnally, I know that I don't always remember if I already posted in a modding queue u__u'). ^^;
Topic Starter
Marcin

Noob Man wrote:

It's just a suggestion, huh, don't worry too much about this (personnally, I know that I don't always remember if I already posted in a modding queue u__u'). ^^;
No, no don't worry, idea is good, but it's early stage of developing :/ I'm still working on this.
Shino
This is a nice idea, especially about IRC-notice.

How about mine:
- Automatically closing system after all slots in a queue got full
- Sending notice message(both in-game and forum) that user's mod request is done or ignored
Topic Starter
Marcin

Shino wrote:

This is a nice idea, especially about IRC-notice.

How about mine:
- Automatically closing system after all slots in a queue got full
- Sending notice message(both in-game and forum) that user's mod request is done or ignored
1. Okay i'll try
2. I don't even know if peppy will allow me to make in-game notifications, and forum notifications will need special API for that (or http bot, but still hard D:):/
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

Marcin wrote:

If you are skilled with scripting in JS, PHP, HTML ( in html case you need to be creative - design things D:), feel free to PM me.
/me stress as big as a mountain
Topic Starter
Marcin
Mountain is not that big <3
peppy
Please don't attempt to do something like this without considering integration with the osu! site. It would be a shocking waste of time and effort. That and as already stated, we have #modRequests with a system in place, which already offers quite a bit of functionality you mention.
Topic Starter
Marcin

peppy wrote:

Please don't attempt to do something like this without considering integration with the osu! site. It would be a shocking waste of time and effort. That and as already stated, we have #modRequests with a system in place, which already offers quite a bit of functionality you mention.
Well but as already mentioned - Just look at t/86880 this, and what some ppl say here - mod queue sub-forum is messy, and not handful to use.

peppy wrote:

Please don't attempt to do something like this without considering integration with the osu! site.
So, I just should leave this project, because I didn't consider integrating with osu! site?

Nevermind, Talked with peppy about this. Continuing project with further
maybe integrating with osu ecosystem

whatever does it mean.
Minty Gum
I like this idea. As a beginner mapper, I don't feel like the current modding queue is as easy to use as it could be for others and I.
Raster97
I like your idea Marcin. I would to see this done.
Topic Starter
Marcin
Added working Queue Adding - you can spam if you want to <3
nanashiRei
Nice idea :)
akrolsmir
How does one actually make a request on a queue posted there?

It'd be cool if you'd make a nice "+ Queue" button on top instead of some hidden link all the way at the bottom, too xP.
Topic Starter
Marcin
Well it's just "how it might look" not really working, now talking with nanashiRei, if he want to help me, and working on other things (tomorrow have end of school :x), I'll get back working on it, after end of school D:
Mithos
It needs some touchups with wording and placement, but it will definitely beat using the forums for beatmap ranking and modding.
Shohei Ohtani
Just going to add onto this.

Here's my vision of how mod queues would work.

First of all, Challenge queues are terrible. Like, seriously, nobody should have to put that much extra work to get their map looked at.

What would happen is that the forum would be how it is now, with thread titles, stuff like that, but there would be an automated counter that would show how many maps are currently in the queue (A limit set by the queue owner, with infinite being possible)

Upon clicking on the thread, people would be taken to a screen like this (image created by LesTrucsRose. Previously was going to be used for my mod queue but then stuff happened and tl;dr my queue is the same as it was)

Under the title, there could be an area for rules, where the page administrator can write a set of rules for their queue.

If there is an open slot, then mappers can submit their beatmap to the queue, and it will be listed there.

Page Administration:
The administrator of the mod queue (whoever created the thread) would have the ability to remove maps from the mod queue upon completion of modding a map. The administrator will also have the ability to blacklist people by username, change the limit of maps in a queue, open/close the queue, and add other administrators (for instance, if I were to transfer my current queue into this format, I would be main page admin, and then Gabe and Zurrrr would be Sub-Admins. Sub-Admins would have the same abilities as the main admin, except they cannot add other admins.).

The biggest benefit of this is that people who run mod queues will have the ability to consistently have maps coming in for them to mod. This takes out the hassle of getting maps from only certain regions due to time differences, and having queues open for only 15 seconds or something. If there is a need to close a mod queue (ie. The admin of a solo mod queue is going on vacation and can't mod maps), then the ability to do that is there, as well as re-open.

The only disbenefit to this is that this will only work swimmingly for regular mod queues. There is no automated way to check if someone has mod4modded in a mod4mod queue, and there's no way to restrict those in a challenge queue. But both of those, I'm completely against, so meh o-o.

I'd be happy to make a more organized and in-depth explanation of this :3~.

Also, maybe you should move this to Feature Requests?
Ekaru
The only disbenefit to this is that this will only work swimmingly for regular mod queues. There is no automated way to check if someone has mod4modded in a mod4mod queue, and there's no way to restrict those in a challenge queue. But both of those, I'm completely against, so meh o-o.
For M4M queues you just do the check manually. If they haven't modded your map then you would just knock them off the queue.
akrolsmir

Ekaru wrote:

For M4M queues you just do the check manually. If they haven't modded your map then you would just knock them off the queue.
If you're assuming you've got forum integration anyways, you could automate it by simply checking to see if the map you wanted mod4modded has a kudosu'd post by the requester.
Kurokami

CDFA wrote:

Page Administration:
The administrator of the mod queue (whoever created the thread) would have the ability to remove maps from the mod queue upon completion of modding a map. The administrator will also have the ability to blacklist people by username, change the limit of maps in a queue, open/close the queue, and add other administrators (for instance, if I were to transfer my current queue into this format, I would be main page admin, and then Gabe and Zurrrr would be Sub-Admins. Sub-Admins would have the same abilities as the main admin, except they cannot add other admins.).
I want to see this so badly. This is one of the few things why I hate the current queue system. I can't able to add someone else too. I always need to edit the post to myself and this is annoying.
Topic Starter
Marcin
@CDFA PM me with more details about that, peppy said that I should provide him simply page with "how it might look and work" and then consider (w/e) it can be integrated with osu
@akrolsmir - I don't see making http bot to integrate with forum, peppy would need to make me API for getting stuff from forum, and user statistics
@Ekaru - that is how I see it
Current queue system is like "ehh okay have this sub-forum, i don't care more about it "
Sey
I know that does not fit to the actual discussion but Marcin also helps me out in my player list for the weekly osu-challenge.
I just can recommend it. It's very helpful. (y)
Topic Starter
Marcin

SeySan wrote:

I know that does not fit to the actual discussion but Marcin also helps me out in my queue page for the weekly osu-challenge.
I just can recommend it. It's very helpful. (y)
* player list /:D/
Sey
Edited! :3
ReVeNg3r
However,current system needs to be changed.so i support
Pimpi
This'll be a great idea for sure. Support~
Topic Starter
Marcin
Hey, not that I leaved that or something, i was just a little bit lazy, but by this laziness, thanks to nanashiRei, for helping me getting into MVC, now page is accessible at http://marcin19962.mydevil.net/cake_php/omds , but I'm still working at rewriting it to Cake PHP, (IT'S A LIE), so... I'm not sure now what to do when I'm done.
Shohei Ohtani
IT looks ok, but I don't like the images to the left. The queue banner should be saved for the main page, and the osustats thing shouldn't be there at all >w<~.

But I'd be happy to take a look at it once it's all done, and see what else I can add owo. I've added a queue there, but I can't really do much to it D:
Aurele

CDFA wrote:

IT looks ok, but I don't like the images to the left. The queue banner should be saved for the main page, and the osustats thing shouldn't be there at all >w<~.

But I'd be happy to take a look at it once it's all done, and see what else I can add owo. I've added a queue there, but I can't really do much to it D:
I added a queue there too, but I clicked twice... so I have two queues. D:
show more