forum

Ever had RSI (or something similar)?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lyawi
Just wondering.

Because of osu! I woke up with a fist and could not open it correctly. It took me 10-15 minutes to be able to move my fingers. (Now imagine you need to get ready for work and couldnt use your left hand correctly lol). I couldn't move it, and I was afraid to move fingers without having my right hand helping.
I went to a doc and he said I have "trigger fingers", which usually older people have, or people who type a lot in front of their computer (in this case it was tapping in osu!), because it's always the same moving.

It's no longer happening luckily (I also kinda stopped playing that actively), but I still feel something weird in my fingers. It's not normal, but I can't do anything about it now anymore.

My message is to care about your health and fingers. Through osu! you can forget about this sometimes, I know right. If you feel like you need a break, take a break. Don't take the risk to damage your hands. Don't continue playing so many hours per day.

Anyone REALLY had something like this? Or other experiences? Tell me about it.
Juuuuuuuuul
Yes i had rsi 3 times in my life, but not because of osu!.
2 times on shoulder because of my job. 1 time on the left thumb because of the game DOA (Dead or Alive).
UnnamedBeast
nope the closest i have is that sometimes i feel the space between my thumb and index feel a little numb but that usually happens for 5 mins tops
abraker
yup . . . and for a stupid reason
dung eater
Overuse of achilles heel tendon for moving in cramped dark places. Precious.