forum

Is This Even Fingerlock???

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vSanguine
What's happening is, my fingers twitch in place but never press down on the key.

Now Ik you're probably gonna say "Play more stream maps bruh"

But the thing is, I ain't even playing stream maps. And even if you fingerlock on a not-stream-map, you'd only not-tap for one circle right? But I'm missing 2-3 circles cuz of fingerlock. Cuz these fingers wont press down on the damn keys.

I've not been playing osu for a kjhpillion hours straight so my hands are definitely not tired and I'm playing the same maps I usually play but never had this problem on them before.

Like, imagine missing the first 2 circles cuz your fingers just twitched in place. feelsbadman
now imagine missing a circle on a map that you've FCed a efklfillion times just cuz your finger twitched in place. FEELSBADMAN
now Imagine missing 1 circle on that same map over 5 plays (which are not consecutive retries). FeelsFMLMan.

This has literally never happened before lmao. What's the solution? Feel free to say "Play More" cuz I'll accept that. I just posted this to see if there may be an alternate solution.
OJ11
I can see that you are much better than me, but i would recommend a wrist rest. It feels like it helps finger control, and ive heard many people say the same thing. You can use a towel, book or anything else just to elevate your wrist.
Remilo

OJ11 wrote:

I can see that you are much better than me, but i would recommend a wrist rest. It feels like it helps finger control, and ive heard many people say the same thing. You can use a towel, book or anything else just to elevate your wrist.

Having a wrist wrest does help the hands, but it all comes down to personal preference, cause i started out with a wrist wrest and couldn't play at all with it. The finger-locking maybe a mental mind block. I would say only start streams and bursts with your finger that is twitching to get more control of it.
repr1se
Go back to much easier maps and practice the tapping there. Keep the focus on your form. I'm thinking you may have developed the bad habit of tensing up and locking.
Topic Starter
vSanguine

repr1se wrote:

Go back to much easier maps and practice the tapping there. Keep the focus on your form. I'm thinking you may have developed the bad habit of tensing up and locking.

Think you may be right. Thanks for the tip!