forum

New tablet, can't fc any maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dizzayy
Alright, so I've just got an XP-Pen StarG640 about a week ago (I had a huion h420 previously) and I know for sure that it's a better tablet, but I just can't set any decent scores with it. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't take a week to get used to a new tablet. I've been constantly getting great fcs on maps and gaining 500-1000 ranks daily up until I got this new tablet, I would just like to ask if I still need to just try and improve my aim a bit more or try taking a break. Because I have been raging a shit ton the past week, and my motivation and determination has been drained quite a lot. Or maybe this is just one of those occasional little mind blocks that I just have to wait out, or am I just being impatient? I'm sorry that this is just kind of a shitpost that every noob always posts on these forums. I'm aware that many other players improve at a slower rate or decay more than me, but I'm just feeling kind of desperate at the moment. if I can have a little bit of feedback/help, I would really appreciate it.
Remilo
Well its basically that your impatient and a mind block. My first tablet was the gaomon s56k but it had a lot of glitches, so i transitioned into the XP-Pen G430. I didn't use it for the first 2 months of getting it cause i was frustrated like you but then i picked it up changed my sense and BOOM back to FC'ing maps. Also having a positive attitude helps towards osu, just wait and get used to it your not gonna fc maps like you used to, but in the long run it will help. :)
Topic Starter
Dizzayy

Ramilo wrote:

Well its basically that your impatient and a mind block. My first tablet was the gaomon s56k but it had a lot of glitches, so i transitioned into the XP-Pen G430. I didn't use it for the first 2 months of getting it cause i was frustrated like you but then i picked it up changed my sense and BOOM back to FC'ing maps. Also having a positive attitude helps towards osu, just wait and get used to it your not gonna fc maps like you used to, but in the long run it will help. :)

Ah alright, I guess I'm gonna try to get used to my current tablet area since it's the most comfortable for me. And as long as I know my skill won't be permanently decaying, I can probaably just play for fun with out stressing a lot. thanks
Mitsuri
Don't worry about the shitpost thing, we're here to try and help each other out whether it may be something minor or not. for your case, I think it's just not being able to adapt/adjust just yet. How about giving it a bit more time, without altering your tablet area after having it set to your liking. Other than that, maybe you feel better on your previously using device, and it's time to switch back. But i generally think for you that you should give it a week or 3 until not being able to see anything different and just dropping the tablet imo.
Celine
make sure the area is similar