forum

Osu!mania Wrist Pains

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ChampionEevee
Now, I am a constant Osu!mania player, so this seemed to just have happened for me. I played every day for about an hour each for nearly two months, and it seems my dominant wrist (left) is getting cramped halfway into difficult songs. One of these songs made my wrist so painful I had to stop. Next day my wrist muscle was entirely sore (upper half of my arm) and had up until yesterday (four days). I decided to wait until today to start playing again, although I am still experiencing the wrist pains, though not as severe as when I forced myself to stop playing. These pains are just as they have been seven or eight days ago when it was a minor inconvenience. What is my next step to take? Just my simple five day break seemed to have lowered my skill more than expected, and I hope to find an alternative that does not make me do so repetitively.

EDIT: These pains only occur on fast maps such as ~270-300bpm or five-star difficulty on 4K, or anything that involves quick inputs for extended periods of time.
edp446
Rest your arm, ice your arm, compress your arm, and elevate your arm for about a week.
Topic Starter
ChampionEevee

edp446 wrote:

Rest your arm, ice your arm, compress your arm, and elevate your arm for about a week.

Yes, I understand that. May I ask for a simple clarification in these methods?

As well, I've been trying to avoid taking more time off since I do not wish to impact my skill as much as I have in a simple five days.

EDIT: One of the main questions I'd like to ask is, could it be a medical condition like RSI and be untreatable? Will I be able to continue increasing my skill in hard levels without worrying about discomfort and pain?

Also I would like to add I've tried wrapping a bandage around my arm to increase support but that hadn't impacted anything.
Vulpsi
just dont force yourself too much and stretch before playing bro
Yyorshire
just take a break

it wont hurt your skill at all, breaks will usually allow you to push through barriers you previously wouldn't be able to get over, you'll only play bad for a couple of days

trust me I've played this game for a while, not worth hurting yourself on the crappy improvement strategy that is "I must play MOREE"
Vulpsi
well said

again, don't force yourself to play maps that are way to difficult for you, try not to hurt yourself while playing, and please rest once in a while so you wont damage anything!

health is much more important than playing this game, y'know?