forum

i was just wondering ..

posted
Total Posts

How long did it took to you to be able to play insane difficulties ?

more
27.43%
2-4 months
34.51%
a month
27.43%
a week
10.62%
Total votes: 113
Topic Starter
Awsi
How fast did you guys built yourselves up to the insane beatmaps ?
silmarilen
took me like 6+ months
Nyu_old2
A month. Everything else was 2ez.
Tom69_old
About a week. I played piano for 11 years at that point though, so I had got a kinda big advantage in terms of coordination and rythm.
Also I'm talking about the easier Insane difficulties, the kind that can be FCed with DT.
Topic Starter
Awsi
Ok thanks :) ! That took me a month . i think the fact i listen to a freaking lot of music and the fact that i played guitar for 6years helped me keeping the rythm !
DJ Angel

Tom94 wrote:

About a week. I played piano for 11 years at that point though, so I had got a kinda big advantage in terms of coordination and rythm.
Also I'm talking about the easier Insane difficulties, the kind that can be FCed with DT.

I will take your words as mine, correction that for me its 10 years
Sorun
Took me about a month of 3000+ plays. Still i'm only getting mostly B's and A's with the rare S on the harder insanes. Easy insanes I can almost SS.
Frizz

silmarilen wrote:

took me like 6+ months
Da7shadow
:x
sCam
For the easy insanes it took me like 2.5 months, and I fc my first one within the 3rd month. I started playing insanes 1 week after I started playing hards.

Though, I'm not sure about this, but it took me like 5 or 6 months to pass my first real insane maps, I'm talking about maps with lots of distant jumps and stuff that have like 180-190 moderate streams.

Actually I did pass aero dynamics girl by patchouli on my 3rd month, but that one is not that hard, just I was learning AR 9.
But only now I can S rank it after farming insanes harder than it.

And to move on from those insanes to stuff like yu-yu metal/caravan palace took some time, but now I can pass them with atleast a 200+ combo.

Just keep playing maps that are hard for you, and getting c,b,a means progress at least. Don't play old maps either, well I think some more difficult maps are from 2011, but farming the new insanes will make you get better quicker too.

Also play some streamy maps, because you'll need the stamina and tap speed for later on.
-Athena-
Took me 3 months to consistently pass gold dust mouse only, I haven't really improved too much since, it's very very hard to improve once you get pass a certain level. If I had improved at the rate of my first three months I would already get an A on airman, right now I can only barely pass it 1 out of 30 tries or something.
dNextGen
2 year
Wishy
It didn't took long, all I remember is I cleared Rev. Deathsquad 3 weeks or so after I started playing so I guess it took me a week or two.
Cygnus
It took me around a month. I only practiced on jumps the whole month since I'm already used to play o2jam and yeah, I can stream fast.
Sorun

sCam wrote:

Actually I did pass aero dynamics girl by patchouli on my 3rd month,

Ahh yes Aero dynamics is a wonderful map to play( my best is like only near 4 mil though:l), also Dear you Djgenericname is also one of my favorites that can really help when getting into fast insanes.

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/43466

Still can't get near a S though :/
CXu
I've been playing this game for 3 years and I still can't pass an insane map \o\
MillhioreF

CXu wrote:

I've been playing this game for 3 years and I still can't pass an insane map \o\
just tag4~
Mara
Two years.
djpleiades
Looking through my online records, one of my earliest 5-star ranks, happened on August 14, 2011. I started March 19, 2011, but i didnt play as often.
<3 alice's emotion - kuro <3
^ practiced the crap out of that map ^
gyorin
Minty Gum
Maybe 3 or 4 months for me? I chose a pretty hard insane to focus on as my first insane pass, I don't know why, it would have been a good deal easier if I chose an "easy" insane.
Kanye West
Started playing in July 2011. Started playing insanes maybe late 2011/early 2012 so maybe 6 months?
Sonez_old
3 Weeks exactly

Arrived: Feb 14, 2012

Asumi Kana feat. Fujita Saki & Kitamura Eri - SOMEONE ELSE (TV Size) [Insane]
Played by shanaftw on 3/6/2012 - 82.51% accuracy 107 Combo

Old replay data sure is fun to look at xD
Kanye West

shanaftw wrote:

3 Weeks exactly

Arrived: Feb 14, 2012

Asumi Kana feat. Fujita Saki & Kitamura Eri - SOMEONE ELSE (TV Size) [Insane]
Played by shanaftw on 3/6/2012 - 82.51% accuracy 107 Combo

Old replay data sure is fun to look at xD
Most TV size insanes aren't really insane, and OP: by play insanes did you mean simply pass them or FC?
Sonez_old

Kanye West wrote:

Most TV size insanes aren't really insane, and OP: by play insanes did you mean simply pass them or FC?
True, but I started playing others around that time so whatever ;)
YodaSnipe
1 day. Protip: Use the force.
Ken Doll
By play, you mean play well?

Well, it took me a I think 2 months to get the feel. Another month of playing. Then I quit standard, went to CTB. CTB was too easy, so I went to taiko. Learned how to stream there. I come back to standard every now and then but I still can't play to save my life.

tl;dr A very, very, long, long time. I'm still not good at it. I can play though.
M i l o t i c

YodaSnipe wrote:

Use the force.
you should tell me earlier
nikoniko777
I've passed only a handful of easier insane maps so far on standard osu! though on ctb i can pass most insanes XD to the 8% of ppl who passed insane within a week, I envy you :S
G0r
I began playing insanes within about a week, BUT I was not good at them. I played them simply to try to pass them, and I did eventually, but it took a lot of work. I remember grinding out one map for an entire week just trying to beat it. These days, it wouldn't take me ten minutes. My point is that I started out playing insanes because I thought it was the best way to improve. I now think that playing above your skill level is not the right way to improve, but I do believe, however, that it was right for me to begin on easy insane maps and work my way up, because I have seen a ton of players who got stuck playing only normals or hards, because they felt insane was too much for them and never made the transition. I might not have learned all the difficult maneuvers that I needed for insane maps, if I had not jumped into them when I did. I still take that philosophy now. There are BPMs that I can play, but only barely pass, and I still play them, because I feel it is important for me to challenge myself. I do not, however, grind them out like I used to back then, because I feel it is more useful to me to get an idea of what I am lacking by playing that map, and then go back to maps that I can play, but focus on those skills that I am weak on.
Mythras
2 years to S maps i'd consider hard (ya know when you beat them with a 96% S it's still like rank 200? Those ones). I've always been kinda casual with osu though.
BlazingFX
2 months cuz bad
Exologist_old
Still working. :(

Seems like all of the songs are either pretty easy to complete or absolutely impossible for me to pass at the moment. Wish there was more in between to help me get better. Shooting for A or S on easier songs doesn't seem to help me with hard.
Jordan
5-6 months
nomen
Easy insanes I could pass with B rank after a month. Doing well on those maps I started after a two months of playing.
JappyBabes
Took one and a half months to pass http://osu.ppy.sh/s/32661
Mithos
It took me around 4 months steady playing to pass my first insane without any mods. I can play a bunch of insanes now (getting B's, I have no interest in FCs/SS), but I've moved on a bit to taiko.