forum

[invalid] Manually graveyard your own uploaded beatmaps

posted
Total Posts

Should manually graveyarding your own beatmaps 3/5 times max a month possible?

Yes
80.00%
No
20.00%
Total votes: 15
Polling ended
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +31
Topic Starter
cozyin
And I know, you may think: "But people will spam their other maps constantly."
I know, yeah.

That's why I want to request that you can queue a total of 5 beatmaps per month.
And also why I want to request if you can graveyard a total of 3 or 5 beatmaps per month.

I'm very into mapping songs lately, and less into the actual gameplay.

I want to show the world I'm capable of finishing beatmaps quick, and still have them feel good to play.

I don't think I'm the only one that thinks this.
abraker
Wait what's the point of manually graveyarding your own beatmaps? Like graveyard is meant to indicate it has not been updated over a month, so what is the point of forcing the state?
Flanster

abraker wrote:

Wait what's the point of manually graveyarding your own beatmaps? Like graveyard is meant to indicate it has not been updated over a month, so what is the point of forcing the state?

"I dont wanna wait gimme slots"
Aiseca
For non-supporters, this will be a good advantage since you will have the ability to ease up your upload space without waiting for a month for a map to sink down. However, even if you will add a cap into it, the surge in upload traffic will significantly increase since you have the option to grave stuff up at your will and can upload another instantly.
There's already been a problem with huge chunks of Beatmaps that were graved for very long time and removal of old ones were the solution found to ease out the space. Adding this option may cause heavy problems in regards to map archiving (when graved) and can cause upload issues at the very least due to heavy traffic.

Although the intention of it is good, there were some problems that would arise in a macro scale later, it may not be that too much affects you individually, but this will affect everyone else in the long run.
tatatat
There is a really easy way to get more slots, rank more maps.
Nao Tomori
force graving maps would be very useful for maps that you know you will not rank, before the slot count was increased i would constantly finish maps and not be able to submit them because i was not ranking some pending maps, having the option to submit maps not going for rank to graveyard would be a great change.
Koalaity
Honestly, this isn't entirely about slots (depending on who you ask). What if someone just wants to delete their map. Shouldn't they be allowed to?
Meowcenaries

tatatat wrote:

There is a really easy way to get more slots, rank more maps.
this.