[Archived] I can't download any map, it says they are corrupted

posted
Total Posts
show more
Death
What I mean by "right now" is, which methods have you tried to import your maps that don't work? There are three ways to do it without doing what you are doing right now. Clicking on the downloaded file, dragging them into the window, and placing them directly into your songs folder (without extracting anything) and then hitting F5 on the beatmap selection screen.
Topic Starter
Shiroi Lelouch
I tried that and it doesn't work, idk of the other option to import maps, but the one i'm using right now seems to work idk why
Death
I mentioned 3 ways of importing maps, does that mean none of them work? Really not sure what your last reply means.
Topic Starter
Shiroi Lelouch
Clicking on the downloaded file -> doesn't work
''dragging them into the window'' -> doesn't work
And placing them directly into my Songs folder (without extracting anything) and then hitting F5 -> doesn't work
Death
Just curious... if you download the installer again from https://osu.ppy.sh/home/download, then install the game to a separate location on your computer (you'll have 2 different osu! installations), run the new installation and then try dragging osz files into the game, does that work?
Topic Starter
Shiroi Lelouch
Nope
Death
What location did you install the new version of the game to and where is your original install located? I'm pretty convinced something on your computer is preventing the game from extracting files, which is what it does with osz files.
Topic Starter
Shiroi Lelouch
I've always had it installed in D: -> Osu! since i started playing it, but when i have to install it, it always goes for C: -> Users -> Revi *that's my folder called* ->AppData -> Local -> osu!
But it's nothing in there, neither in localLow and Roaming
Radiohead
your osu! might be corrupted
Death

Hirai Momo wrote:

I've always had it installed in D: -> Osu! since i started playing it, but when i have to install it, it always goes for C: -> Users -> Revi *that's my folder called* ->AppData -> Local -> osu!
But it's nothing in there, neither in localLow and Roaming
By default the game should install in AppData unless you change it, so are you saying the new version of the game that I asked you to install didn't install there? And does that mean when I asked you to run the new installation, you didn't actually run a new installation?
Topic Starter
Shiroi Lelouch
I did run the new installation as you said, it did install there, what i mean is that it didn't work there either, i change the location because i don't have enough space for osu maps, but that can't be the problem since i've always installed it in D: not in C: