forum

Not Improving

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Razor
I'm a 6 digit, I got tablet when I hit 179k and ever since then I've only been getting worse, it's been almost 2 months since I got tablet.

I haven't been seeing any improvement and can't even FC a 4 star map anymore, it's made me start playing less and gave me less motivation to play.
I really don't know what to do anymore, it's stupid that I'm getting depressed over not being able to play good.

I was at 153k at some point but now I'm just losing ranks, and SOMETIMES I just barely manage to get my ranks back.. idk what to do cause no matter how much I play I don't get better in my eyes.
Juuuuuuuuul
Your skill cap is reached, deal with it, or
stop caring too much about rank and keep having fun clicking circles.
If you can improve, you'll improve.
Tad Fibonacci
You thought you're not improving and declining? How cute.
Look at my profile, that's how declining looks like. Not getting PP doesn't mean you're not improving.
Improvements usually comes in bursts so just be patient and keep playing.

Edit: You might also want to fix your accuracy, work on improving your top scores. Try to get better accuracy on them.
Silenstryke
~
Topic Starter
Razor

Silenstryke wrote:

While i do sometimes feel the same as you, like i'm just barely holding my current rank... i know that there are so many determining factors as to what makes a good play vs a bad one.

I know nothing about your particular setup so this will be just general things I myself have observed that might help you play better beyond just telling you "improve your accuracy" or "your skill cap is reached, deal with it"

1. Posture and comfort: Get comfy, use wrist rests, gloves, wraps, anything that makes it more comfortable for you to sit at your computer will help.

2. Sleep or lack of: Don't play Osu! when you are tired!!, i seriously cannot stress this enough. Not only is it not good for your health, you will not do well and only get frustrated.

3. Tablet setup. Having a good tablet setup can make a huge difference, and it can be a small change like where on your desk you put your tablet or the size of your play field that makes a huge difference, you just need to find the right setup for you. Use hawku drivers if you use a supported tablet https://github.com/hawku/TabletDriver it offers greater customization and optimization vs most OEM tablet drivers that ive tried (huion/xppen).

4. Monitor Selection/Setup: Having a high refresh rate (120/144hz) monitor for osu makes a HUGE difference vs a normal 60hz monitor especially when playing faster maps. If you cannot afford to invest in a new monitor just for osu maybe try giving overclocking your panel a try, most 60hz monitors can usually hit 70-75hz, a free extra 15-20% viewable fps is a relatively small but very noticeable boost.

5. Keyboard selection/setup: Having a decent mechanical keyboard is probably the one thing you can do that will have the greatest impact on your playing. A good cherrymx Red/Blue/Silver keyboard is the best single investment you can make for Osu!. Just research which keyswitch you think you would prefer and pull the trigger, you will not regret it. Using the o-ring under the keycap trick to reduce key travel distance is also great for streaming and high bpm maps https://bit.ly/1wuNIN2

6. BE POSITIVE: Putting yourself down, calling yourself bad, telling yourself you will never FC that map.... Putting yourself in a mental state that isnt positive is not going to help you FC a map so don't do it. Be positive, set yourself goals, but don't stress out if you cannot meet them. Osu! is a game, so most importantly HAVE FUN.

Thank you so much, you've by far helped me a lot and I've realized errors I've been doing along while reading what you've told me.

One thing is, I don't quite understand how to install the TabletDriver-Master drivers, I'm not sure if I just put it into my programs folder and it automatically works.

Also, I play on a 60hz ASUS Monitor, I tried going into settings in order to see if my monitor was able to do 70-75hz but sadly that options wasn't there, I only saw 25-60hz.

Thank you so much for this help though <3
-Wind
One thing is, I don't quite understand how to install the TabletDriver-Master drivers, I'm not sure if I just put it into my programs folder and it automatically works.

Hi! TabletDriver user here. All you have to do is download the folder and execute the program. There you'll be able to customise almost everything to best suit your playstyle. Don't uninstall your tablet's original drivers, though. (TabletDriver won't work if you do that, trust me, I've tried)
Topic Starter
Razor

WindyJaci wrote:

Hi! TabletDriver user here. All you have to do is download the folder and execute the program. There you'll be able to customise almost everything to best suit your playstyle. Don't uninstall your tablet's original drivers, though. (TabletDriver won't work if you do that, trust me, I've tried)

ohhh thank you!