forum

[osu!std] Cindelluna's Map Roulette Tour #2 | 10k - 30k [FINISHED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cindelluna

Formerly named Cindelluna’s Sadistic Map Roulette Tour
Hello and welcome to installation #2 of Cindelluna’s Map Roulette Tours! The format of these tours was the lovechild of combining ideas from a few tournaments (TNSFT being one of the big ones) but with a twist of rng. As the name suggests this is a tournament based off of chance, meaning mappools are composed in a random manner with no balance to them. In addition to this, the way matches are played will be up to chance as well. Interested? Then keep on reading!~

Previous Installment

General:
Challonge | Discord | Stream | Time Converter

Sheets:
Registration Forms: [Player] [Staff] | Registry: [Player] [Staff] | Schedule

____________________________________________________________________________________________

CURRENT REGISTRATION STATUS:
[10k - 19k] - CLOSED
[20k - 30k] - CLOSED

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Read Me Before Applying As Staff

1. Staff Registrations run throughout the duration of the tournament.
  2. Due to schedule constraints I will no longer be providing staff training
  3. With the above in mind I will only be accepting staff members with previous experience, the more experience the better.
  4. Staff members who have worked for bigger name tournaments (OWC, Corsace, Rekindling, HappyStick's old tours, Enigmatic Tours, etc) will be granted automatic acceptance (pending a quick background check)
  5. Being a staff member does have rules and limitations. Please read about them under "Player Restrictions & Requirements".
  6. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR MAPPOOLERS OR SPREADSHEETERS OR ANY OTHER ROLES NOT LISTED ON THE STAFF REGISTRATION FORM. PLAYERS WHO IGNORE THIS AND STILL REQUEST TO WORK UNDER ONE OF THOSE SPOTS WILL BE BLOCKED AND BANNED FROM PLAYING OR STAFFING IN ANY OF MY TOURNAMENTS

Read Me Before Registering As A Player

1. Player Registrations are first come first serve.
  2. Players may only submit one form, players who submit more than one will instantly be rejected.
  3. If you believe you submitted any information on your form wrong by accident, please DM Cindelluna instead of sending in a new form.
  4. There is a 2,000 rank buffer only for the registration phase.
    >This means if you are 2,000 within a rank range I will allow you to register, BUT, you must farm or decay into the appropriate rank range before the end of registrations.
    >Players who aren’t able to farm or decay into the correct rank range will be kicked or moved accordingly.

If you have turned in a registration form and your name does not appear on the registry after 5 days then one of the following has occurred:
  1. You submitted false information.
  2. You answered 3 or more questions wrong on the quiz portion.
  3. Another tournament host has provided me information about you that links you with unfavorable behavior.
  4. Your account breaks any of my set tournament rules.
  5. Your account is linked with any other behavior i deem suspicious.
  6. You are on any of the blacklists.

I (Cindelluna) reserve every right to remove and or deny registration to any player who submits a form. This includes players who have already been entered onto the player list. There is no appealing or fighting any of my decisions since this is my own personal and privately funded tournament.

Oh and if you're reading this, 3 is a pretty lucky number from what I heard. uwu

General:
  1. This will be an osu! standard international tournament played head to head (1v1) in score v1.
  2. This tournament will be double elimination with a bracket reset.
  3. There are two rank brackets:
    >10k - 19k (10,000 - 19,999)
    >20k - 30k (20,000 - 30,000)
  4. BWS will be used to calculate the final ranks of players at the end of registrations.
  5. The max number of players will be 16 per bracket.
  6. This tournament is scheduled to last 4 weeks. For a graphic visualization of this please refer to this image.
  7. The week to round breakdown will be the following:
    >Week 1 - RO16
    >Week 2 - Quarterfinals
    >Week 3 - Semifinals
    >Week 4 - Grand Finals
  8. Matches will only occur on weekends (Friday - Sunday).
  9. Win conditions:
    >Round of 16 - Semifinals: BO9
    >Grand Finals: BO11
  10. Matches will be scheduled off of player availability. This is done by taking player availability at the start of every week.
  11. All times will be in UTC, a time converter is provided above in the links for those who do not know how to translate well between timezones

Mappool Information:

tl;dr: Each week will have a mappool consisting of 12 match picks and 3 tiebreakers. Mappools are drawn randomly weekly thus meaning expect NO BALANCE. The maps selected are meant to range from difficult - extremely difficult.

1. 12 featured mappers are selected well in advance before the start of the tournament.
  2. Each featured mapper has 4 of their own maps selected to be used in this tournament.
  3. At the start of every week a mappool drawing and showcase will be held.
    >3 of the featured mappers will be drawn randomly and their 4 maps will be revealed and make up the mappool for that week’s round.
    >The 12 maps for a week will be sorted in number order by the order they were drawn and showcased.
    >After the 12 match picks are revealed the tiebreakers picked for that week will be revealed as well.
    >The tiebreakers will also be sorted in a number order as well.
  4. Once a mapper has been drawn they can no longer be drawn again. This meaning once the last week comes around the remaining 3 mappers left will be the ones who make up the fourth and final mappool.
  5. Guest difficulties made by a featured mapper will be allowed for use, collab difficulties will not due to the fact they aren’t maps entirely made by the featured mapper.
  6. Each week will have 3 tiebreakers preselected as well. 1 tiebreaker of the 3 being created by one of the featured mappers .
  7. The tiebreaker star ranges per round are as following:
    >RO16: 5.00* - 5.50*
    >Quarterfinals: 5.50* - 6.00*
    >Semifinals: 6.00* - 6.50*
    >Grand Finals: 6.50*+
  8. The total star range that will be used for this tournament is 4.00* - 7.99*.
  9. All maps will be played nomod, the exception to this will be the tiebreaker as it can be played either nomod or freemod with the use of HD, HR and/or EZ.

This is a tournament not only based off of chance but to showcase 12 unique mappers. The mappers featured being a mix of both well known and not so well known mappers. With this information in mind, expect no balance whatsoever with the maps that will be picked. In addition the mappools and tiebreakers are meant to range from difficult - extremely difficult for both rank ranges. This is not your average tournament afterall.

Match Procedures:

1. Both players will !roll at the start of the match, winner of the roll gets first warm-up and second ban. Loser will get the opposite.
  2. There will only be 1 warmup and 1 ban per player.
  3. Players are allowed to have host for warm-ups (sending the map ID # to your ref is preferred however)
  4. Once warmups and bans are finished the referee will keep host for the remainder of the match.
    >The referee is responsible to !roll every time to see what maps will be played.
    >Referees will !roll 12 and the outcome # will be the map played.
    >What this means is that players do not get to pick maps directly from the mappool. Instead the maps picked are completely left to chance/a roll.
    >Once a map has been picked it can no longer be picked again. Should a roll land on an already picked map a reroll will take place.
    >Should the remaining amount of maps drop to 6 or less, referees are permitted to !roll # with # being the remaining amount of maps left (this is done so matches don’t go on longer than they should because of rerolls).
  5. Should a match get to tiebreaker then rolls will be done to ban 2 of of the 3 tiebreakers
  6. The player who initially rolled highest will !roll 3, the outcome of their roll will be the first tiebreaker banned. The second player must then !roll 3 and the outcome of their roll will be the second tiebreaker banned. Should Player #2 roll the same number as Player #1 a reroll will take place until a different number is outputted. The remaining map of the three will then be played as the tiebreaker.

BWS Info:

1. Short for Badge Weighted Seeding, BWS is a tournament-minded seeding method intended to more accurately seed players and enforce rank restrictions based on the player's tournament badges.
  2. In short, BWS artificially "ranks up" players based on the amount of badges they have.
  3. In terms of how much a player ranks up per badge, each badge is worth more than the one before it.
  4. More specifically, the formula is as follows:

rank^(0.9937^(badges^2))
  5. The formula caps at rank 1. That is, a player can't go past rank 1.00 BWS (even if you were rank 2 it'd take like 30 badges to actually get rank 1.00 BWS).
  6. Remember, BWS is not intended to reflect solo play skill. Read the first bullet point again.
  7. For this tournament we will be taking into account ALL BADGES associated with your account. So yes, badges not yet displayed on your profile but pending will be taken into account.
    >Players with pending badges they have won but don’t have on their profile yet HAVE to report the # of these badges they have on their registration form.
    >Any badges won during the registration period are to be reported as well via DM. This is due to the fact the final rank we take for a player is the rank they are at the end of registrations.
    >Players found to have lied or not report the accurate # of badges they have will be kicked immediately or have their prizes withdrawn (depending on the stage of the tournament). A 1 year blacklist will also be effective immediately.

Credit for BWS info: this1neguy

Player Restrictions & Requirements:

1. Staff are eligible to play, however, only certain roles. The only staff roles eligible to play are: Commentators and Referees. All other roles are banned from participating.
  2. Staff members who play may not do ANY work involving the bracket they are playing in. However, commentators are immune to this since they have no way of altering the results of matches.
  3. Accounts that have previously been restricted must be unrestricted for at least 1 year to be eligible to sign up. No exceptions.
  4. Players deemed suspicious by me and or are reported to me by other tournament hosts for unfavorable behavior will be denied registration.
  5. In accordance to badge rules, accounts flagged by osu! staff during background checks are not able to play under any circumstance. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. Should any player want to contest this they must email osu! Staff.
  6. Players restricted mid tourney are immediately kicked/forfeited from the tournament.
  7. To register you must have at least
    >300 hours minimum of playtime
    >An account that has been registered for at least 1 year
    >Active play history recorded for the past 3 months with at least 1000 plays total (this means accounts with a combined play count less than 1000 for the months of December - February are ineligible to sign up)

ALL PLAYERS MUST MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS. I have 0 tolerance for cheaters and those who ruin the fun and experience for others. Anyone i catch cheating during or after CMRT #2 will face full consequences and I will do whatever I can to see to it that person receives all the punishment they deserve. I (Cindelluna) reserve every right to remove and or deny registration to any player who submits a form.

1. March 15th | Forum post is live with all information, staff registration opens
  2. March 18th @15UTC | Player registrations open
  3. March 25th @15UTC | Player registrations end
  4. March 25th - 31st | Player screening/background checks occurs*
  5. March 31st @Time TBA | First mappool drawing + showcase
  6. April 5th - 7th | RO16
  7. April 7th @Time TBA | Second mappool drawing + showcase
  8. April 12th - 14th | Quarterfinals
  9. April 14th @Time TBA | Third mappool drawing + showcase
  10. April 19th - 21st | Semifinals
  11. April 21st @Time TBA | Fourth mappool drawing + showcase
  12. April 26th - 28th | Grand Finals

*Detailed information regarding background checks can be found here

General Rules:

1. All players must meet their bracket’s rank requirement at the end of registration after BWS is applied. NO EXCEPTIONS.
  2. Rank range is strict. Players who rank or decay out of their bracket will be kicked from the tournament or moved depending on the bracket.
  3. ALL PLAYERS MUST MEET THE REQUIREMENTS UNDER THE SECTION “Player Restrictions & Requirements” ADDRESSED UNDER THE INFO SECTION OF THIS FORUM POST
  4. Reserves are accepted, however, it is not a guarantee that you will be admitted into the tournament
  5. Reserves fill in empty spots left by players who drop out of the tournament at the start during the registration phase. OR reserves also fill the empty spots that are left by players who rank or decay out of the tournament at the end of registrations.
  6. In order for a reserve to fill in an empty spot they MUST be in the rank range of the bracket of the empty spot as well as meet the other player requirements above.
  7. Joining the discord is mandatory for all players as it will be used to communicate to and between players and staff. No discord? Either make one or you will not be allowed to join.
  8. When joining the discord, please change your nickname to your in-game username, there will also be more instructions upon welcome to the discord
  9. In the event of a name change please notify staff via discord DMing
  10. Rescheduling rules will be posted and pinned in the channel labelled #reschedules
  11. Toxicity is not permitted. Cases will be judged individually by the staff, however in general, we will use a two-strike system (depending on the severity of the offense). Playful banter is perfectly acceptable, but outright flaming and harassment is not cool.
  12. The above rule applies to the discord as well, should any players harass or abuse other players or staff or regular members of the discord it will result in a strike.
  13. Staff members who sign up and agree to help but end up doing 0 work or communicating with me that they can no longer help will be banned from staffing or participating as a player for any of my future tournaments for at least 1 year.

Match Rules:

1. STRICTLY double elimination, head to head, score v1
  2. A roll at the start of the match will take place, winner of the roll gets first warm-up and second ban, loser gets the opposite
  3. There will only be 1 ban per player
  4. There will only be 1 warm-up per player
  5. Warm-up maps are to be 4:00 or less, they may be longer only at the pre-approval of the ref and the other player. Anything exceeding 6:00 is banned from being used at all as a warm-up
  6. All maps will be played nomod, the exception to this will be the tiebreaker as it can be played either nomod or freemod with the use of HD, HR and/or EZ.
  7. It is highly recommended to be online 10 minutes before your match for the purpose of setting up lobbies, players who do not show up after 10 minutes from the scheduled match time will result in the match being a loss for them
  8. Players who don’t show up to their assigned match without notifying the staff of a time conflict will be blacklisted from the next installment of this tournament as well as the upcoming seasonal tour installment (which in this case will be CST’19)
  9. If you are scheduled for a streamed match, it is mandatory to be on 10 minutes before your match starts
  10. Should a player fail at the end of a map then the player still alive wins the point.
  11. Should both players fail at the end of a map then the player with the higher score win the point.
  12. Disconnects are unfortunate, but they happen. Disconnects within the first quarter of a map will result in the map being replayed. Disconnects after the first quarter of a map will be considered a point loss for that player unless the other player agrees to replay the map.
  13. Players disconnected for more than 5 minutes will have the match result in a forfeit for them.
  14. During a match, the ref will always have the final say for anything that happens in a lobby

All players are expected to know and abide by these rules, no exceptions will given to those who break them. We are not responsible if you “didn’t know” about any of these rules considering that they are posted before the tournament even starts.

Thanks for reading this far. That, or actually doing your research properly. The correct answer for the last question on the quiz is: A hot dog is a sandwich,
<3

These are lists of players banned for varying amounts of times from participating in any Cindelluna Tour due to varying reasons. Such reasons can be, but are not limited to: excessive toxicity, harassment, rule breaking, cheating, etc. Appeals can be handled by messaging the host (Cindelluna) via discord DM.

As of 2019, Cindelluna’s Tours now shares blacklists/demerit lists with Nik’s Tours.
(There are other tournament series that will be added to this partnership soon)

Information About Each List

1. The “Last Chance List” is for players who have appealed and been accepted back. However, these players are on their very last strike and should they break any rules/step out of line are permanently banned.
  2. The “Banned” list is for players who have officially been banned from competing in any future tournaments whatsoever.
  3. The “Banned Staff List” is a list of people who had signed up to work as staff for any of my tournaments but ended up doing 0 work, ignored my pings, ignored my messages, and or didn’t message me that they could no longer help me. Communication is important when it comes to staffing and it is extremely disrespectful to ghost someone you promised to help, thus why this list was made. The people on this list are banned from participating or staffing in any of my future tournaments for at least 1 year.

Banned Staff List:

Banned from playing or staffing until CWT’20 (January 2020)
  1. - [ n o c y ]-
  2. Kondi
  3. PainTensei
  4. thefarrel007

owo

| #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 |

1st
Profile Badge (pending) + 1 year of supporter

2nd
6 months of supporter

3rd
4 month of supporter

4th
2 months of supporter

5th
1 month of supporter

Host | Graphics | Streamer - Cindelluna

Head Spreadsheeters - IceDynamix, Nonamegohst

Head Ref - nikolomara

Referees:
-Nande, Celsea, Cindelluna, DraQeu, LwL, nikolomara, P a t r i c k, Tilterino, YoshiLover456

Commentators:
Cindelluna, Yeong Yuseong, YoshiLover456

Mappool Showcasers:
Fish-

I’m in a very very very great need of refs!! Want to help out? Then fill out a form above in the links section! All the help I can get is appreciated <3

changelog

all times are in Pacific Time

March 15th 11:00 - Forum post created, staff registrations are opened.
March 15th 11:42 - Updated staff lists.
March 18th 00:15 - Prepped for registrations
March 18th 08:00 - Opened Registrations
March 25th 08:00 - Closed Registrations
[Geno]
First owo
byt3
Sounds fun!
Pituophis
oi
Karasmic
Score v1 makes me excited