forum

[ANY RANK]TAG4, FL Sightread, Scavenger Hunt & more!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CCleanerShot

Hello! Are you interested in a very relaxed tournament-like environment featuring wild ideas that you could make a tournament out of, but shouldn't be a tournament?

Discord| Mappool/Registration| NF! Main Tournament | Stream

You're probably not, but you're probably interested in a TAG 4 Tournament! Around every month, I will be hosting different side events that may consist throughout either a single hour, or an entire week. These events will range from the already announced Sotarks Battle Royale, an upcoming TAG 4 mini-tournament, a soon-to-be sightread FL event, and many more!

TAG 4 Mini-Tournament

Will take place around April 13th-20th, spanning around 2 weeks. There will be an undisclosed mappool, and when the mini-tournament starts, the mappool will be released. All teams will get 2 weeks to submit 3 attempts to get their best runs in a referee-approved lobby. During these lobbies, the referee will move down the mappool and !mp start them all, giving the team one attempt on each map during each attempt. At the end of the 2 weeks, the 1st place of a TAG 4 map will get a point, and the team will the most points will be crowned the victor. Details finalized at later date.
(unfinalized)

Sightread FL

Ya I'm still working the details on this out cx. Join the discord for details. If this message changes, then it'll be on the almost-finalized details on the Sightread FL event.

Scavenger Hunt

W.I.P. idea. Good side event I would say

Further details to address any confusion will done as a video demonstration here
(uhhh I'll release it here soon hold up)

(This forum post and side tournament is in promotion to the NF! Tournament and the NF! discord. The original forum post to the tournament is located here: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/853272)
worst fl player
Lancien
What
Misery
>shouldn't be a tournament
>still makes them

Honestly, please don't. You're giving the people who take tournaments seriously a punch in the gut with this "joke."
Kaeldori
hello can I be mappool selector
goink

Misery wrote:

Honestly, please don't. You're giving the people who take tournaments seriously a punch in the gut with this "joke."
I personally don't understand this argument. This is merely a set of non-competitive tournament-like events. It's obviously not targeted towards more "serious" tournament players, but there is still a target audience for this
Kasumi-sama

Misery wrote:

>shouldn't be a tournament
>still makes them

very relaxed tournament-like environment

tournament-like

Don't get this butthurt about this stupid shit.
Topic Starter
CCleanerShot
To Misery,
Ya I understand the overuse of "1-2 haha fun tournament". But I thought this would be a clear decent start to create almost regularly fun side events that people aren't super into tournaments/competitive.

I will admit, the current delivery of this side event idea is somewhat poor, but I want to make my other ideas a possibly thing. My other ideas like "Sightread FL" and "5 Digit Timed-Leaderboards" (heavily inspired by the lazer! ideas) I've put more thought/care into, but didn't think they'd get more attention so I did a Sotarks Battle Royale as a start.

I'm not sure if you're offended over the "Sotarks tournament haha" or the non-serious part about it, but I hope I addressed either of your possible complaints

To Kaeldori
For the Sotarks Battle Royal Mappool, it is currently being strawpolled, so technically yes you can be a mappool selector cx.

For a mappool selector in this events in general, also a yes. I will probably need mappool help on the TAG 4 event, the Sightread FL and future events.

Some other comments I have to this post:
If you guys have any other potential ideas worth experimenting on feel free to say them here. I only have like 5-6 ideas so I'll need some more brains on creative ideas that could maybe be something good. This forum post isn't for a one-and-done Battle Royale, its for a collection of other ideas as well that I hope can see the light of day.
PainTensei
I really love the idea of tourney's that aren't your typical basic tournament,
I think everyone would like to try some new innovative tournaments! I'm glad to help if needed :)
Floth
owo
gamer
Topic Starter
CCleanerShot
To PainTensei,

I would love some extra help! Just join the discord or DM me. We'll need all the help we can get if we're attempting to grow this. We have 6-ish ideas so far, but are itching for more.