forum

Skinning Tutorial

posted
Total Posts
108
show more
Phantonym

Riae wrote:

How do I fix the skin default? I mean like when it's 1-9 it's normal but when it goes to 10+ the font mixes it's like penetrating to each other. also, how do I remove the skin border? the square border like in cookiezi's skin?
Change the HitCircleOverlay value in skin.ini
izekok

McCreetard wrote:

Hi, Im pretty new to skinning scene, but are there any ways to make a gif/animated hp bar (scorebar) in game, I have some seen in some popular skins and wanna make a custom for my own. Regards. Thanks in advance!!

RockRoller wrote:

McCreetard wrote:

Hi, Im pretty new to skinning scene, but are there any ways to make a gif/animated hp bar (scorebar) in game, I have some seen in some popular skins and wanna make a custom for my own. Regards. Thanks in advance!!
There are only a few elements that can be animated, but all follow the same scheme. Make each frame of the animation a seperate file, called scorebar-colour-0, scorebar-colour-1, and so on
can "section-pass" be animated?
Topic Starter
RockRoller

izekok wrote:

can "section-pass" be animated?
no
izekok
can you list me everything that can be animated?
Topic Starter
RockRoller
Riae
Does animated stuff in skins can make your frame drop a lil? cause when im using a heavy weighted skin it drops my fps and crashes.
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Riae wrote:

Does animated stuff in skins can make your frame drop a lil? cause when im using a heavy weighted skin it drops my fps and crashes.
Yes it totally can, which is why there is a few notes about that in the part about animations in the tutorial
Riae
Thanks ill avoid that when im skinning to prevent me and others that wants to try my skin so they won't drop frames
remclean
2 things, 1. Can you have the hitcircleoverlay be hind the hitcircle? 2. If not, does the hitcircleoverlay get affected by combo color?
Topic Starter
RockRoller

remclean wrote:

2 things, 1. Can you have the hitcircleoverlay be hind the hitcircle? 2. If not, does the hitcircleoverlay get affected by combo color?
The whole point of the hitcircleoverlay is to have a layer that is on top (an overlay) that is not affected by the combo colour. So no, neither of those are possible
remclean

RockRoller wrote:

remclean wrote:

2 things, 1. Can you have the hitcircleoverlay be hind the hitcircle? 2. If not, does the hitcircleoverlay get affected by combo color?
The whole point of the hitcircleoverlay is to have a layer that is on top (an overlay) that is not affected by the combo colour. So no, neither of those are possible
That's what I thought, but I was hoping one would work.
MagiFire12
So, I just animated a new menu back button (in song selection), but the fps is too low. What do I name the images to make them go faster? or is that possible?
Topic Starter
RockRoller

MagiFire12 wrote:

So, I just animated a new menu back button (in song selection), but the fps is too low. What do I name the images to make them go faster? or is that possible?
You need to change the AnimationFramerate in the skin.ini. Besure to read the part about animations in the tutorial
MagiFire12

RockRoller wrote:

MagiFire12 wrote:

So, I just animated a new menu back button (in song selection), but the fps is too low. What do I name the images to make them go faster? or is that possible?
You need to change the AnimationFramerate in the skin.ini. Besure to read the part about animations in the tutorial
Oh, thank you. I didn't see anything about that in the tutorial. Thank you so much!
Riae
The more skins i have will make my game lag more or no?
I have 54 skins in total
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Riae wrote:

The more skins i have will make my game lag more or no?
I have 54 skins in total
Simply having a lot of skins should not introduce any additional lag.
McEndu
Can I pull request?
Topic Starter
RockRoller

McEndu wrote:

Can I pull request?
wdym?
McEndu

RockRoller wrote:

McEndu wrote:

Can I pull request?
wdym?
I mean, can I contribute to the project through GitHub? Like writing articles and clean up.
Topic Starter
RockRoller

McEndu wrote:

RockRoller wrote:

McEndu wrote:

Can I pull request?
wdym?
I mean, can I contribute to the project through GitHub? Like writing articles and clean up.
sure, feel free to message me on discord if you wanan talk about something before making a pr
Please sign in to reply.

New reply