forum

from 3 star to 4 star

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Armbenj
so I have been playing Osu! for a while and can pass a 3 star with a B or A without effort and FC if I try. And for some reason, 4 stars seem impossible to me but 3 stars too easy I know there are 3.xx star maps I can pass any map FC any map from 3.00 to 3.99 and IDK why 4 stars are so hard ok enough talking the question comes:

should I play 4 stars with NF?

osu! version: Stable 20190226.2 (latest)
P99Chan
Ummm the higher the number the harder it gets.

Don't you know that?

well you've been playing for only 1 day so i can probably guess you wouldn't know that

to point this even further just check out 7 or 8 star maps they're very hard

Easy > Star < Harder
Topic Starter
Armbenj

Thonccer wrote:

Ummm the higher the number the harder it gets.

Don't you know that?

well you've been playing for only 1 day so i can probably guess you wouldn't know that

to point this even further just check out 7 or 8 star maps they're very hard

Easy > Star < Harder

well i am sorry for asking SHOULD I USE NF TO GET THE FEEL FOR 4 STARS
Nigrod
Just play the 4 stars without NF If you can’t pass the map then you can just practice the map. Btw go here for gameplay improvement questions: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/13
Topic Starter
Armbenj

Nigrod wrote:

Just play the 4 stars without NF If you can’t pass the map then you can just practice the map. Btw go here for gameplay improvement questions: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/13

ok thank you for the help
Juuuuuuuuul
Easy maps will teach you, in maps that you can pass, the stuff needed to play normal.
Normal maps will teach you, in maps that you can pass, the stuff needed to play hard.
Hard maps will teach you, in maps that you can pass, the stuff needed to play insane.
If you think insanes seems impossible, you have not played hard maps enough.
Fill your top 100 with S ranks.
Vuelo Eluko
going from 3 to 4 was very hard i temember, bcuz you start encountering streams for the first time and like actual jumps. It's where u gotta move beyond just staring at approach circles and ur cursor and get some comfort in moving around the playfield

4 to 5 is pretty easy in comparison, mostly the same stuff just harder/faster

going 5 to 6 is quite hard though, starting to get ridiculous and requiring of good coordination and reading, at least imo. I am still stuck on abt 5.2-5.3 max for comfort, occasionally lucking out a 5.4-5.7 fc.
Juuuuuuuuul

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

going from 3 to 4 was very hard i temember, bcuz you start encountering streams for the first time and like actual jumps. It's where u gotta move beyond just staring at approach circles and ur cursor and get some comfort in moving around the playfield

4 to 5 is pretty easy in comparison, mostly the same stuff just harder/faster

going 5 to 6 is quite hard though, starting to get ridiculous and requiring of good coordination and reading, at least imo. I am still stuck on abt 5.2-5.3 max for comfort, occasionally lucking out a 5.4-5.7 fc.
In my case, i've found that going from 3* to 4* was not a big deal.
I encountered streams, large jumps and weird reading/tapping stuff in 3* (thanks hollow wings and other creative mappers).

I remember that my first deathstream was a 3.7* (old SR), and maps with a lot of doubles or triples were 3* too.
What was making 4* harder, for me, was mostly the AR:9 and distance spacing, and a bit because after hards diff, ranking criteria is no longer strict and i had to break (bad) habits of consistent spacing.

Actually, even if close to all my top plays are 4*, i still can't do well on any 5*, mainly because i just can't aim them.
And speed is an issue for me, no matter the SR.

To op, just keep playing without rushing in difficulty, and you should be fine.
You can focus on your weaknesses, but keep having fun playing.

edit : NF or not NF don't really matter since modern-mapping is usually low HP anyway, you can pass maps by literally spamming randomly as long as your aim is fine.
illyTheKid
I think you're going too fast(or maybe I'm too slow). For me, moving to 4 stars was very natural. I sorted everything by difficulty and decided to get FC on every single map in 3* starting from the bottom without any particular goal besides getting FC, I just liked every single song I had then. About half way of getting FCs I decided to do 4* map, which I struggled with before, and easily breezed through it. Then just I moved to 4*.
I'm kind of in same situation with 5* maps right now, might try doing the same thing again but with 4*.
ADelicateOrange
I think you have the wrong mindset when it comes to progression. You don't need to FC maps. You should be working on just being able to get more consistent via playing harder and harder maps. You shouldn't be looking to be playing 6* maps for improvement because I doubt you would be able to learn anything.

Just playing things within your range 3-4.5 stars; AR 8-9; CS 3-5.5; OD 5-7, etc.
mulraf
the thing is you say you have no problem with 3.whatever* maps. the thing is also in your top pp list the highest it goes is one 4* with horrible acc (and probably it's not an fc) and then it's ~3.1*-3.3* with slightly less horrible but still horrible acc. if you have like i don't know 10 or 20 3,5*+ fcs with >90% acc okay, fine, i wouldn't say you have mastered 3* but it's somewhat fine i guess. but this is not really close in my opinion :/ play a bit more 3* and get a few fcs before advancing to the next stage. you have plenty of time, don't feel rushed :3

i don't think you should play 4* with nf.