SPOILER
His cousin, actually--Nariya.
Anyway, another theory pic:

Hika

Navizel wrote:

It's an Alolan Form Oak

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Lanturn
CoroCoro should be leaking soon, and we also get more info on September 14th at 22:00 JST which is 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, 09:00 EDT, 06:00 PDT, 23:00 AEST (From Serebii)

We will learn about Rockruff's evolution and who knows what else at this point. These couple of weeks are going to be awesome!
PyaKura
Pre-ordered Moon today.

#TeamLunala

From what I have seen in all of those trailers is that GameFreak seems to have found a balance between catering for their usual younger playerbase and keeping the game relevant/interesting for the competitive/older playerbase, and a friend who's dropped the series right after the 3rd Gen has made a lot of good points I probably would not have thought of, since I've been following every main game from the start. I mean Pokémon SuMo, by the looks of it, is still the same colorful world we're all used to for generations, and so kids (and big kids - us, so to say) will most likely have no problem welcoming this new game. But I can't help but think that the content of the game is also aimed at an older audience.

First, Alolan Forms which are exclusively 1st gen critters only : at this point I am pretty sure that it's a good marketing move from GF's part to get returning players who dropped the series years ago. They'll basically rediscover some of their favorite mons - for some people they're the only ones they've ever known - under a new light.
Then, the introduction of a new, seemingly less ridiculous-looking bad guys who do not seem to have any "end-of-the-world"/apocalyptic motives (pure speculation, judging from their appearance only, who knows what they're really up to), similar to what we had with Team Rocket, the Pokémon counterpart of the mafia.
A more immersive game with lots of different camera angles and the loss of the grid-based movements and structure (well, it's still a grid, but it's pretty well camouflaged).
New abilities and mechanics which are all at least interesting, and a lot of seemingly competitively viable ones. More serious players may get a lot more toys to play with if that's the case, despite maybe not having as many new pokémon as with the previous gens. And let's not forget Z-moves.
Elements which I think are more mature and often found in supernatural or sci-fi works : sorcery and rituals and stuff actually being core to the world and not just a gimmick found in one particular location. Hopefully same thing with those chimera-things. They seem to be everything but Pokémon born from nature (are they even Pokémon??), and I can't help but think they're some sort of Pokémon experimentation that didn't go as expected (or they are actually the wanted result? I really can't wait to find out more about those.)

Anyhow those are my current thoughts and although I can make sense out of it, chances are what I've written might be a bit farfetch'd. I'm hyped as fuck right now.
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. The name of the Pokémon Rockruff evolves into is Lugarugan and has a different appearance based on if it evolves during daytime or nighttime. Rockruff becomes the Midday Form when bathed in the rays of the sun and when full of the night's power, it becomes the Midnight Form. No types or further details have been given. There are also two Ultra Beasts called UB02, UB02 Beauty and UB02 Expansion. In the scan, it shows UB02 Expansion appearing in Pokémon Sun, facing off against Tapu Koko and UB02 Beauty facing off against Tapu Koko in Pokémon Moon. It also states that UB01's name is a mystery but may have a deep meaning. It also reveals that it will show the true strength of the new Pokémon, Type: Null, during its next issue.

Joe Merrick wrote:

The reason why there are two UB02 is because they're version exclusives. UB02 Expansion to Sun and UB02 Beauty to Moon.
Lanturn
Meanwhile in the anime...

Ash goes to school.
NaomiMinette
In other news, a new series of shorts are coming:

SilverBlade128
Hyped for Pokemon Generations
Navizel

eh
Hika
^ wtf did I just watch
Navizel
terraformars game
Navizel
bump
Hika
loving those z moves
gonna do that irl
NaomiMinette
Pika pika pii~

/shot
Yocake
That eevee...
NaomiMinette
English trailer:

Japanese trailer:
Navizel
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/ne ... -features/
if anyone cares
thank god for mega ban. fuck mega kang and salamence
too bad i can't use m-gallade though
NaomiMinette
The download size for Sun/Moon has been released: 3.2 GB.

To put it in context: X/Y/OR/AS were 1.8 GB each, Super Smash Bros. 3DS was 2.1 GB, and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D was 3.6 GB.
Hika
Jesus that is huge
NaomiMinette
Volcanion's distribution is now live. Look up your region for more info.

In some parts of the world, it'll only last till the end of this month. For others, it'll last till the end of next month.
Navizel
wait what the hell there was a hoopa distribution I missed it
NaomiMinette

Navizel wrote:

wait what the hell there was a hoopa distribution I missed it
The interesting part is that it counts as a separate one (meaning that you can have both the one from McDonald's and this).

Because of this, I have four of them (Y and OR). After I get around to sorting my Pokémon (which won't be till either towards the end of this month or the beginning of next month), I'll start giving away my extras including any other #Pokemon20 distributions.
Navizel
please give. I think I saw it in Serebii but forgot to check the dates. I might walk this week for the Volcanion cause I'm poor and I can't afford fares.
NaomiMinette
Today's Sun/Moon news:

Yocake
Silvally: Arceus 2.0
Navizel
because RKS = Arceus
NaomiMinette

Navizel wrote:

because RKS = Arceus
I still don't like the fact that the official English pronunciation for Arceus is "arr-kee-us" instead of "arr-see-us" ._.
Razzy
Playing Explorers of Sky... just relived the whole part of fuckin' SKUNTank and his lackeys being at the Guild. If the writers can make me hate a character this much, they did a great job.
Lanturn
Demo is out in most countries. Should be about 2ish hours more for North America.

Turns out the demo was datamined and most, if not all the pokemon/alolan forms/ultra beasts have been leaked.. so avoid spoilers if you don't want to be spoiled. And for now, use spoiler tags for these unreleased Pokémon.

As for my favorites so far... The Anchor Pokemon is godly. Also that evo of Wimpod is sweet.

The datamined pokemon can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwpIhRkAlRw
Again, don't click if you don't want to be spoiled!
Yocake
<(╹ヮ╹)> HYPE!

PyaKura
There aren't actually many new pokémon, not counting the alolan forms. I'd go as far as to say this is the generation with the least new critters so far (or maybe Gen5? idk)
La Volpe
That new dugtrio form holy shit... it's fabulous!!
NaomiMinette

PyaKura wrote:

There aren't actually many new pokémon, not counting the alolan forms. I'd go as far as to say this is the generation with the least new critters so far (or maybe Gen5? idk)
Gen 5 has the most new Pokémon. It was Gen 6 that had the least prior to Gen 7.
PyaKura
Oh you're right. Somehow Gen5 hasn't actually left that much of an impression on me with B&W, hence why I thought that.

By the way that Alolan Golem looks real cool.
Yocake
Guys I have a question: after reaches lvl 37, my Greninja is not earning any additional exp. Is that normal :?:
Lanturn
The demo only lets your Greninja grow to 37.
Yocake

Lanturn wrote:

The demo only lets your Greninja grow to 37.
Thx for the info!!
show more