General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Meah
NeXt4r_
i heard lately about pokemon go is creepy
NaomiMinette
Creepy how? Did you even try playing it?
Athrun

faiswusuf wrote:

i heard lately about pokemon go is creepy
You haven't tried it, have you...
NaomiMinette
Game Freak, just... why?

Serebii wrote:

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them. The bear is called Kiteruguma and is Normal/Fighting with the abilities Fluffy and Klutz, while the ghost is Mimikkyu and is Ghost/Fairy. It has the ability called Disguise.
People in Alola are scared of Kiteruguma to the point of having warning signs about it. It is really strong and can break anything in two. It likes to hug its trainers but is strong. Raising one puts your life in danger.
Mimikkyu hates sunlight, preferring dark places. It is rumoured that the cloth covering its body is a strategy to avoid the sun. Don't try to remove the cloth it is said that those that do become afflicted with an illness.
Lanturn
That little ghost pika hi thing is awesome. The eyes on its belly? Remind me of wobbuffet
NaomiMinette
New Japanese trailer showing both old and new things:

Razzy
death by bear hug and ghost that actually dresses like a cartoon ghost

I LOVE IT
NaomiMinette
Analysis video, because why not:

NaomiMinette
Angvite
Pokemon Go is the most popular in Europe in Poland, lol..
Hika
I'm already level 15 )): I feel addicted
NaomiMinette
La Volpe
Caught a Pidgeot today while I was on lunch break. Not sure if it's a rare thing im only lvl 3 lol.
Athrun

La Volpe wrote:

Caught a Pidgeot today while I was on lunch break. Not sure if it's a rare thing im only lvl 3 lol.
WHAT
I CALL HACKS

ECKS DEE
Navizel

who comfey here
NaomiMinette
Concerning Hyper Training:

Serebii wrote:

A new mode called Hyper Training is announced. With Hyper Training, Pokémon that have grown to Lv. 100 will be able to increase their individual strengths, which has never been possible before. It utilises Bottle Caps as an item in order to boost the stats. Magearna will be given one when distributed.
Navizel
It's great for legendaries cause less soft resetting for stats but I think breeding is still the best way to get the desired IVs for normal pokemons. Depends on how available Bottle Caps are though. Would be nice if there's something like a Blissey base or something for farming.
forgott3n

Navizel wrote:

who comfey here
Mimikyu is very cute but I can't help thinking about Mudsdales hair, it keep reminding me of mega Lucario...
NaomiMinette

Navizel wrote:

Would be nice if there's something like a Blissey base or something for farming.
Pre-Gen 7, just do everything on OR/AS before transferring. But yeah... really hope there's an equivalent in Sun/Moon. I just hope it's not Battle Chateau-slow...
Navizel

Blazevoir wrote:

Navizel wrote:

Would be nice if there's something like a Blissey base or something for farming.
Pre-Gen 7, just do everything on OR/AS before transferring. But yeah... really hope there's an equivalent in Sun/Moon. I just hope it's not Battle Chateau-slow...
Yeah but I don't really want to get Pokemon Bank. There's the restaurant thingy on Lumiose where you can triple battle and it's better than Battle Chateau.
NaomiMinette
And that's why I said I hope it's not as slow as that, lol.

Honestly, the only Base-related thing I see coming back is the underground thing they used in Gen 4 in which I'm half-expecting remakes for. Though obviously, I hope they add battling functions to it.
Hika
Really think an IV remake would be perfect.
Missing the BGMs ):
Neku Okazaki

Shoutoshi
hoyl these pokemon designs get weirder evfery generation. didn't even kno the Pokemon company had more content under their sleeves. also bewear hehe
Agatsu
cant play pokemon go cuz i hav ios7
Neku Okazaki

Agatsu wrote:

cant play pokemon go cuz i hav ios7
Hm, can you change the app store to a japanesse acc?
Kyoukoh
rip
Hika

-Shoukaku wrote:

hoyl these pokemon designs get weirder evfery generation. didn't even kno the Pokemon company had more content under their sleeves. also bewear hehe
they look disgusting but that's not gonna stop me from playing it

it didn't stop me from playing gen V/VI
NaomiMinette
Official artwork of the three team leaders:

Kibbleru
why cant they be grills
sahuang
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/481675
Mapped for Pokemon tho it's dubstep remix
(Feels weird
Athrun

Kibbleru wrote:

why cant they be grills
I thought candela was a girl.
Athrun
Sorry for double post.

But Niantic is crumbling right.
Good riddance for their behaviour.
Hika
Totally not even capable of getting their shit together
Athrun

Hika wrote:

Totally not even capable of getting their shit together
Niantic better step it up, or they need to hand the game to gamefreak or nintendo, who are more bent on caring for their fans.
Neku Okazaki
Its ok to pokemon go?

My Pokémon Go Team:

1979CP ---------- 1752CP ----------1682CP ---------- 1661CP ---------- 1475CP ---------- 1405CP
Navizel

that exeggutor lmao
La Volpe
That exeggutor indeed, but I really dig the ice Vulpix and Ninetails they look really good and interesting.
NaomiMinette

Navizel wrote:

I... I don't know how I feel about this... the Alola Forms part, I mean. I like Vulpix and Ninetales, but what warrants these and other Pokémon to get different looks and typing? Wouldn't it be kinda unfair to the others, or are they treating them the same way as Mega Evolutions in which they're underused?

Also, are we getting Gym Leaders or not?
show more