Total Posts
show more
Bara-
Nope
You need to damage in order to wobble
Eventually it deals 0
NaomiMinette
Hmm.. Oh well...

Question, though: do non-boss Pokémon get immunity from Wobbling if you heal them via Heal Pulse? I can't count the number of times I tried catching certain ones this way (i.e. damage them enough -> Heal Pulse -> repeat)...
Bara-
Not that I know of, but I have a Gutsy++ pokemon which wobbles 90% of the pokes in less then 2 hits (not even lying here), so I never notice that
NaomiMinette
I have a Gutsy++ Trubbish, but even it can't Wobble a lot of Pokémon, and I have Wobble Tree at the max level...
Azure_Kite
Anecdotally, I can confirm that Heal Pulse does NOT nullify the ability to wobble non-boss pokemen, as I've used it multiple times to wobble pokemon when I accidentally deleted my Endeavour poke.

That being said, the large pokemon on normal floors seem as though they will rather frequently have an "unwobbleable" flag, although it could just be the trait acting against the player.
deadbeat
not even 5 badge into Platinum, and i think this is the 5th time i've considered dropping the game again >_>
whoever designed route 210 is a horrible person

edit: 6 times now
NaomiMinette
Dunno who else still plays Shuffle, but anyway... Two pieces of news, again:
  1. The Mega Banette competition is over. You have one week as of this post to pick up its Mega Stone if you placed and a Jewel if you competed (placed or not).
  2. Pinsir is now available; however, unlike most events and just like the special Meowth stage, you can only battle against it once a day, so make sure to capture it!
Azure_Kite
Finally caught every pokemon in Rumble World. I must have spent at least 50 diamonds trying to get Mesprit and Phione, as they aren't pokemon that "appear" based on how much you need them.
Friendan

Azure_Kite wrote:

Finally caught every pokemon in Rumble World. I must have spent at least 50 diamonds trying to get Mesprit and Phione, as they aren't pokemon that "appear" based on how much you need them.
is it feasible to catch every pokemon without spending money?
Azure_Kite
It'll take you a long time, generally longer than you'd probably be willing to play the game.

To get every balloon, you'll need 1240 diamonds.

Each and every Daily Challenge is 13 diamonds, so you'll get 364 out of those, at the end. Realistically though, limited by your Rank you'll probably only get about half of that because your pokemon are weaker than they should be.

There are about 30 free diamonds from the Market for playing with friends, 50 for streetpasses. On average, you'll get about 2-4 free diamonds every day through Spotpass and Streetpass bonuses, plus meeting them in game.

So you're still looking at needing to get about 978 diamonds if you want to get all the balloons. After all your "Bonus" diamond sources run out, you're stuck with a rate of 2-4 diamonds per day. That would take about 245 days if you were to get 4 every time.

tl;dr: Paying for at least *some* diamonds is realistically the only way you're going to stay interested in the game if you still want progression.
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh... those two are being stubborn in showing up... and though I've had Mesprit show up before, IT WOULDN'T WOBBLE SO I ENDED UP KO'ING IT >_>

tl;dr: Paying for at least *some* diamonds is realistically the only way you're going to stay interested in the game if you still want progression.
Something I should point out: regardless of paying for Diamonds or not, if you max out at 3k, you get a building that digs up 20 of them a day.

EDIT: Lol, I JUST caught Phione. Now for Mesprit... again...
Azure_Kite

Blazevoir wrote:

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh... those two are being stubborn in showing up... and though I've had Mesprit show up before, IT WOULDN'T WOBBLE SO I ENDED UP KO'ING IT >_>

Something I should point out: regardless of paying for Diamonds or not, if you max out at 3k, you get a building that digs up 20 of them a day.

EDIT: Lol, I JUST caught Phione. Now for Mesprit... again...
I've had an issue a couple of times where you Wobble a poke and knock it out a half-second later, no poke. Frustrating as fuck when it's a Legendary like Mesprit.
-Maus-
All hail based Mega Sceptile
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

I've had an issue a couple of times where you Wobble a poke and knock it out a half-second later, no poke. Frustrating as fuck when it's a Legendary like Mesprit.
Happens way too often for me when I use moves that can potentially cause damage over time... and yet, those are also my Gutsy Pokémon...
-Maus-

Blazevoir wrote:

Azure_Kite wrote:

Happens way too often for me when I use moves that can potentially cause damage over time... and yet, those are also my Gutsy Pokémon...
All hail based Endeavor with low hp
NaomiMinette
Well... I feel like an idiot for not taking a pic of this, but anyway... So just now I went after Mesprit again... Azure's Mii was about to be supercharged-attacked by a Pokémon, and guess who it was...

Seeing as I REALLY needed to try to catch it, I let Azure's Mii get KO'ed ;~; (I'M SORRY!)

EDIT: Adding insult to injury, Mesprit STILL fainted normally despite me making it Wobble DX
Azure_Kite

Transformau5 wrote:

All hail based Endeavor with low hp
Thing is, that's what I was using! Endeavour it down to 1 attack-kill, and the thing still doesn't give the goods even WHEN it's wobbled :(

I guess the imperative to get them now is lessened somewhat for me, but it's still annoying.
NaomiMinette
Finally caught all Pokémon on Rumble World. Now to get the rest of the outfits/frames/backgrounds/etc.

EDIT: The Mega Lucario competition returns on Shuffle but with some changes:
  1. It's now Move-based instead of Time-based.
  2. You need to be in the top 15,000 in Europe, 30,000 in North America, or 65,000 in Japan (it was less than this last time).
  3. To those who already have a Lucarionite, you'll get two Jewels instead if you place. (Everyone else, regardless of placement, will still get one.)
deadbeat
so they made it harder and with less winners? god dam i'm glad i stopped playing that
NaomiMinette
What? I thought they added more? Wasn't it 10k for Europe, 20k for NA, and 50k for Japan last time?
deadbeat
i'd need to recheck, but last time it was top 20k. though i'm not sure if we're using the NA or EU scoreboards
Azure_Kite
In AU/NZ, it's treated as EU, Dadbeat.
deadbeat
so yeah, it's 5000 less people for us. thanks a lot
HeatKai
Sorry for sudden post in the here ;p
Is there anyone here play pokemmo
NaomiMinette

deadbeat wrote:

so yeah, it's 5000 less people for us. thanks a lot
I sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeear I thought it was less last time... Eh... whatever...

HeatKai wrote:

Is there anyone here play pokemmo
I only play console/handheld Pokémon games, so...
deadbeat
they'd be better off having the events as a score based reward system. not a rank based one
NaomiMinette
I'm actually kinda fine with how it is now. At least those who don't do Expert Stages regularly/aren't Expert pros have a chance now.

EDIT:

Serebii wrote:

A new game has been announced. Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon (ポケモン超不思議のダンジョン) has been announced for release on the Nintendo 3DS in Autumn 2015 in Japan, the Winter of 2015 in North America and Early 2016 in Europe. No further details have been revealed about this game but keep your eye on the site.

For those wondering: yes, this is the announcement from back then.

EDIT 2: Here's a first look at it:

Don't worry: all the Pokémon will be around this time.
Bara-
Giratina is available in shuffle
His catch rate is the same as the level of difficulty (lvl 1 means 1%, lvl 70 means 70%)
Also, 10 new stages, 3 new EX stages, Daily Pokemon #2 returned, venusaurite competition over, I got it (20k score, rank 4k)
NaomiMinette
I almost caught it at Level 5 but managed to do so at Level 10. I also managed to reach (I think) Level 43 in the first day since I ignored the new Main/Extra Stages.

Ayway, an extended trailer for Super Mystery Dungeon has been released. Here's the video:

Questions make a return to determine not only which Pokémon you play as but also your partner this time (according to Serebii).

Being honest: I hated the questions. The fact that they're forced for both you AND your partner now... ugh... (You were somewhat able to pick your partner in Red/Blue Rescue Team and Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky after the questions.)
NotEvenDoomMusic
Caught Giratina at lvl 21 - bad luck at it's finest. (at least i caught Victini first try when it first appeared so i got that going for me)
Haven't checked out the EX or the new stages either - i genuinely enjoy playing the Giratina stages because it makes using Mega Banette feels soo satisfying.

I haven't touched any PMD games after the completion of the first one and i've enjoyed it quite a lot.
Definitely looking forward to the next installment. Especially because i've heard that Gates of Infinity was a huge letdown.

Also it's funny how everyone has mixed feelings about them bringing back the aptitude test.
It's a fun gimmick and can be ignored if you look it up at serebii when they compile every possible answer to get the pokemons you want to play with.

Hell, even i would do it, but i'd personally answer the questions honestly first to see what i'll get and maybe reset the game to get a more "playable" team.
NaomiMinette
The fact that it also determines your PARTNER this time is what's bothering me the most. What if my Pokémon was ideal but my partner wasn't, or vice versa?

I'm probably gonna be stuck on the questions for like an hour because of that ._. But hey, definitely gonna try to answer them honestly at first.

EDIT: Mega Evolutions are confirmed to be in Super Mystery Dungeon.

EDIT 2: English trailer:

Bara-

Huge Update for Pokémon Shuffle

Around 30-40 pokemon have been added
Available of them, just a few
10 new levels, with a new mega: Hippowdon, Weavile, Avalugg, Braviary, Excadrill, Volcarona, Aegislash, Zebstrika, Salamence, M-Heracross
Jirachi (Once a day, like Pinsir, quite high catch rate though)
Tepig (before his evolution, wut?)
Daily Pokémon: Wynaut Torkoal, Zangoose, Seviper, Luvdisc
Unavailable: All Unova Starters+Evolutions (except Tepig), Wobbuffet, Arceus
NaomiMinette
Avalugg is Mega Glalie all over again :(
Bara-

Blazevoir wrote:

Avalugg is Mega Glalie all over again :(
He was easy
All of them were easy, except Volcarona
Well, I picked an useless mega, Aerodactyl, couldn't beat it
Used Gengar as mega, S-ranked w/o troubles
NaomiMinette
Easy? I had to buy items just to be able to beat it T_T
Bara-
LOL
I beat it with 7-8 moves left
Using M-Lucario (9), Heatran (8), Ninetails (7), Moltres (7)
NaomiMinette
I made a Coins guide for Shuffle on Miiverse. You can read it here.

EDIT:

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon the movie XY

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the first imagery from the movie trailer for the third Pokémon XY movie which is due for release next year. This imagery comes from a trailer that airs after the newest movie, Hoopa & The Clash of Ages which is set to open in Japan on Saturday and showcases a silhouette of a mysterious Pokémon. Details of this movie remain unclear, but we'll bring more as and when it comes.

Lanturn
Wouldn't surprise me if its some kind of Zygarde forme/mega. That's cool though. That means we're definitely getting a third XY game with possible new megas or formes <3
Bara-
Probably Zygarde's Mega
He actually has unreleased signature moves
Thousand Waves ||| Thousand Arrows
Renevant
This is slightly unrelated, but for those that haven't heard, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata passed away yesterday.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150713e.pdf
show more