forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
NaomiMinette
Holy crap some of you guys are further than me... Did you buy Diamonds?

Also, lol Kite @ pic.

And deadbeat, some balloons take even longer than that.
NotEvenDoomMusic

Ranked #448th in the M-Blastoise competition.
Though, i have to admit that i've used Complexity -1 and Disruption Delay to even rank that far.
But i'm not bothered using coins for anything at this game anymore.

I upped my score by only 3k with the two items combined though - not the biggest payout but wanted to make sure i don't miss out on limited mega stones.
Professor Prinny
You guys ranked so high.... I only got to #7xxx after I noticed my ranking drop at a rapid pace at around 5 hours left.

So how's Rumble World for you guys so far?
deadbeat
Rumble isn't actually that bad. it's kinda enjoyable
NaomiMinette
More enjoyable than Shuffle, at least. I mean I'm still playing both, but Rumble World is tons better.
Azure_Kite
A number of people are experiencing crashes on Rumble World, but only on the New 3DS models. I've experienced it about 3 times; the 3DS just hard locks, so you need to hold the power button to reset the console. There will probably be a patch sometime soon.
NaomiMinette
^ /victim
Azure_Kite
So far, the legendaries I've collected are:

Pokemon | Power | HP

Zygarde | 1148 | 419
Zekrom | 1205 | 390
Victini | 1132 | 406
Raikou | 1103 | 359
Xerneas | 1004 | 358

I've gotten myself a Gutsy+ Slugma I've taught Flamethrower and Rest to. I use a Cherrim with Heal Pulse to heal boss pokemon if I can't make them wobble; seems to work well enough, but I need a better Heal Pulser.
NaomiMinette
Audino with any level of Gutsy and Draining Kiss + Heal Pulse. Nuff said.

EDIT: Starting to have less balloons that don't require me to wait 3+ hours... Not sure if I should feel glad or sad.
Anyway...
Just finished fighting Mega Rayquaza on one of the challenges... IT HAS AWESOME MUSIC; SOMEONE MAP THAT, ASDLFKJAS;DLFKJAS;LDFKJASD;LFKJSA;LDFKJ
-Maus-

Blazevoir wrote:

Audino with any level of Gutsy and Draining Kiss + Heal Pulse. Nuff said.

EDIT: Starting to have less balloons that don't require me to wait 3+ hours... Not sure if I should feel glad or sad.
Anyway...
Just finished fighting Mega Rayquaza on one of the challenges... IT HAS AWESOME MUSIC; SOMEONE MAP THAT, ASDLFKJAS;DLFKJAS;LDFKJASD;LFKJSA;LDFKJ
gib gib

also how to catch bosses in Rumble World
cos /me wants a Greninja
NaomiMinette

Transformau5 wrote:

how to catch bosses in Rumble World
cos /me wants a Greninja
Having the Wobble Trees helps, though (like I said earlier) having any level of the Gutsy Trait is a plus.

You typically want to spam an attack that hits them rapidly over a second (yes, a second) when they rest after a move (most Pokémon will close their eyes to show this, though all of them will look like they're catching their breath). Some attack examples are: Waterfall, Gunk Shot, Dragon Claw, Metal Claw, Close Combat, and Sacred Sword.
-Maus-

Blazevoir wrote:

Transformau5 wrote:

how to catch bosses in Rumble World
cos /me wants a Greninja
Having the Wobble Trees helps, though (like I said earlier) having any level of the Gutsy Trait is a plus.

You typically want to spam an attack that hits them rapidly over a second (yes, a second) when they rest after a move (most Pokémon will close their eyes to show this, though all of them will look like they're catching their breath). Some attack examples are: Waterfall, Gunk Shot, Dragon Claw, Metal Claw, Close Combat, and Sacred Sword.
Top kek, have a wobbly tree and got the Greninja before that

Offtop:

Give me Pokemon Rumble and that's what you get:

Blaze it
NaomiMinette
Ugh... Not really sure how to feel about the Safari stage on Shuffle... They could've at least let us use four Pokémon...
Professor Prinny

Blazevoir wrote:

Ugh... Not really sure how to feel about the Safari stage on Shuffle... They could've at least let us use four Pokémon...
No kidding. So far I'm finding Carvanah the hardest (4 moves, really?) and Spinda the easiest while the others are so-so.

Also. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! Latias got out of wobbling before I beat her on Rumble ;-;
NaomiMinette
@Shuffle: I just find it funny (not really) that they expect us to catch all of them at <12% Catchability (that's before any % boosts, btw), making us rely on RNG >_>

@ Rumble: Heh... I've accidentally KO'ed Zekrom before attempting to make it wobble... I guess you win? lol

Azure_Kite
Which Legendary did you go with?

I just caught myself a new Jirachi. I was mindlessly playing Rumble after Ludum Dare and I just kinda killed it without thinking. Luckily I ended up getting it, though.
NaomiMinette
I forgot what I landed on; that happened this morning (my time), so... yeah.
Bara-
I'm currently rank 76, Good thing there'll Always be AT LEAST one pokemon you haven't caught in that area, for example, I only mis Krookodile in Black Balloon, he now ALWAYS appears as a boss there
NaomiMinette
Yeah, I've been getting that a lot, too. I'm Rank 70 at the moment.

Btw... HOW THE HELL DO YOU CATCH SHEDINJA? DX
Bara-
Luck
After 16 defeats I caught it
It was brawny, 2 HP
Azure_Kite

baraatje123 wrote:

It was brawny, 2 HP
That Shedinja is too OP. It needs a nerf.
-Maus-
Rank 16 :v
NaomiMinette

baraatje123 wrote:

It was brawny, 2 HP
What is this, I don't even... Seriously, couldn't the game give it a better Trait?

Anyway, if you're a n3DS/n3DS XL user, the latest system update fixes the occasional locking-up on Rumble World.
Azure_Kite
I read about that, and can at least confirm that I haven't had a crash since.
NaomiMinette
Very helpful tip on Rumble that I've noticed: if a Pokémon (even boss ones) is all sparkly (not shiny like the main games) and you defeat them, it's a guaranteed capture. I have no idea how often this happens or if Ranks/Trees matter, though.
Bara-
Wow
Got my first epic today at rank 76
Gutsy ++, Lucky +, Snappy++ and 3 other useful traits
Emolga ;-;
Only 19 Pokémon to go, Landorus, Uxie and Rayquaza are giving me a hard time
deadbeat
you guys are all so far ahead :<
i'm clearly doing stuff wrong
Azure_Kite
You know what I really wish I could do?

Command Mii's.

Use the Analog pad for movement, and free up the D-Pad for commands to make your Mii do things. D-pad Down to wait here, D-pad Up to follow me, would make boss fights with Mii's so much more manageable.
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

You know what I really wish I could do?

Command Mii's.

Use the Analog pad for movement, and free up the D-Pad for commands to make your Mii do things. D-pad Down to wait here, D-pad Up to follow me, would make boss fights with Mii's so much more manageable.
This. All my this. That, or make saving Miis then defeating the boss actually worth it. Sure, there's the occasional Diamond, but... most of the time we just get Coins, and it's not even that much.
-Maus-
Do you guys trigger the all-species bonus often? :P
NaomiMinette
You mean when the roulette stops on an area you already completed? ._. lol
-Maus-

Blazevoir wrote:

You mean when the roulette stops on an area you already completed? ._. lol
It can be apparently triggered anytime lol
NaomiMinette
Sorry... I should've clarified my last post. I meant stops on an area you already completed but you DIDN'T wanna land on it.

I already know it can be triggered anytime. It's just really annoying when that happens, especially when when the roulette wheel stops like one off from the area you actually needed to go to.
Azure_Kite
To be honest, I don't mind them. Gives me an opportunity to farm more (P).

I have less of the in-game currency than I do the diamonds =_=
NaomiMinette
I'm LOVING the 700k Coin outfit!... not ._.
Azure_Kite
Seriously? I guess they know the game is a grindfest, why stop when they're hot!? :P
NaomiMinette
Eh... Thankfully I absolutely love my current outfit (I look like a goth loli, btw), so I don't really care much for the others at the moment, not even the Diamond ones.

I WILL try to unlock everything after collecting all the Pokémon, though.
Azure_Kite
I know what you look like lol; You're the princess in my Town, bwahahahahahah.

I recently caught a Marvellous Floette with Gutsy+, Mighty and Speedy+. Suffice to say I now have a new boss catcher.
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

I know what you look like lol; You're the princess in my Town, bwahahahahahah.

I recently caught a Marvellous Floette with Gutsy+, Mighty and Speedy+. Suffice to say I now have a new boss catcher.
I'm kinda surprised, honestly. My OC is even considered to be a princess :P

Also, I had a Gutsy++ Trubbish before. Was pretty useful, but now it's so powerless compared to my other main Pokémon. I'm fortunate enough to have a Gutsy Reshiram which I actively use, though \o/
-Maus-
Tfw I don't have any of you added and now I start regretting it
show more