forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
ColdTooth
Currently taking up a pokemon challenge, that's where I gotta beat Pokemon B/W without having my whole team faint at once.

I'm at Drifveil City and everything is getting a bit too challenging. I hate this challenge too much
Katze
Edit: removed my actual post to the right thread!~ ==> https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/155747
NaomiMinette
Here's some details about Pokkén Tournament.

Seeing Suicune was a definite highlight for me.
Trash Boat
Did Lucario just pulled a light saber... more than once?
NaomiMinette
That's Bone Rush.

EDIT: Full video (contains commentary):

Skip to 8:45 to see the trailer (which also includes Suicune gameplay).
deadbeat
someone posted this to imgur, thought i'd share here
NaomiMinette
Oh wow... even the spin-off games are included. Very interesting map.
deadbeat
i wonder if it'd be interesting having an open world pokemon game where the point is to just explore and record what you find
Trash Boat
they forgot Ransei, from Pokémon Conquest
Bara-

Trash Boat wrote:

they forgot Ransei, from Pokémon Conquest
this game is so awesome
I have played it 3 times, never 100% it though ;-;
NaomiMinette
Don't know if anyone cares about it, but Pokémon Shuffle will be available on the eShop February 18, 2015 FOR FREE; more info here.
Bara-
That looks so awesome
I NEED TO HAVE IT
NaomiMinette
Pokémon Shuffle is now available in all regions!
A Cynical Asian
*irrelevant post coming through*
Pokemon Emerald was the best Pokemon in my opinion.

And my favorite Pokemon is Gardevoir. No, not because she's overly sexualized by some Pokemon fans.
NaomiMinette
Just a reminder that Mew will only be available for three weeks on Pokémon Shuffle, so be sure to catch it ASAP. You'll gain access to its stage after you get far enough in the game then are able to connect to the internet where you can "check in".
deadbeat
really, only 3 weeks D:
NaomiMinette
It's not hard to get so long as you have a (mostly) super-effective team and you don't just randomly swap Pokémon around (unless you get extremely lucky when new ones drop). I even managed to catch mine without using a Great Ball or buying anything else beforehand.
Eddy EX
A little bit on and offtopic I guess depending on how you look at it but...
The popular pokemon battle simulator Pokemon Showdown! now has an osu! room
It's a very small room since almost no one goes there probably because almost no one actually knows it exists :cry: (we average 12 people at most a day), but feel free to stop by!
deadbeat
what's pokemon showdown?
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Hi anybody got a Rock Head Tyrunt
Eddy EX

Ekaru wrote:

Hi anybody got a Rock Head Tyrunt
Sturdy Tyrunt is what you meant, I'll trade you it later just pm me your FC and all that. :)
Bara-

Serebii wrote:

In The Games Department

Pokémon Shuffle - Events

For those of you worldwide with Pokémon Shuffle, the first Passcode has been released through Pokémon Get☆TV. This code gives you a special gift of 2 Mega Start items, which automatically activate your Pokémon's Mega Evolution at the start of a match. This code is usable worldwide and runs until April 30th 2015 so be sure to use it while you can. The code is 20150007.
2 Mega starts are given for Pokemon Shuffle :D
Bara-

Serebii wrote:

In The Games Department

Pokémon Shuffle - Events

A new event has been released for Pokémon Shuffle along with a Version 1.1.2 update. This event is for the special Pokémon, Kyogre, and is available until 23rd March at 06:00 UTC. It's the only way to get Kyogre and will give you a Jewel the first time you play it. In addition to that, the Mew event has been prolonged by two weeks. Our Pokémon List has been updated with details of this Pokémon
Kyogre available in Pokemon Shuffle, I think Groudon will come soon
deadbeat

baraatje123 wrote:

Kyogre available in Pokemon Shuffle
TFW i catch Kyogre on first go with only 26% catch rate
Bara-
2 great balls at 38 (76%)
Orz
NaomiMinette
I think I had around 52% but ended up using a Great Ball to catch it at MAX.
Vapor
just started shuffle a few days ago, currently up to mudkip, got mew and kyogre both between like 50-60% with just a pokeball ~

also, is it bad that i don't like using the boosts and things because i feel like i might need them later?
Azure_Kite
No; you probably will.

The RNGesus for a good pattern ramps up around 70-75, meaning you'll want to save your money up for clearing missions unless you want to level your pokemon up indefinitely.
Athrun
Playing against Absol in Pokémon Shuffle.
Caught Absol with a 1% chance.

I cried.
Vapor
oh okay so for once my consumable hoarding tendencies might actually come in useful for once ~
NaomiMinette

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

I cried.
The lowest % I've ever caught a Pokémon with was Xerneas with 6%. I'm actually trying to catch Yveltal with 1% now, lol.
Bara-

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

I cried.
Playing against Pidgey in Pokemon Shuffle.
Capture failed at 99% chance

I cried.
NaomiMinette

baraatje123 wrote:

Playing against Pidgey in Pokemon Shuffle.
Capture failed at 99% chance

I cried.
Oddly enough, if I ever had that happen to me, I'd still post that on Miiverse.

EDIT: Caught Yveltal with 6% as well (first was Xerneas) as well as Blaziken (FINALLY!). All I have left to do is get more S ranks.
Athrun
I hate how luck always goes against me.
Bara-
What?
Lucarionite is "released"
Check in today, and receive news about competition
Top 20.000 players get a Lucarionite
Every participant gets a jewel :D
Edit: Wow, a new level got added into special, a 1:00 min Mega Lucario Battle
NaomiMinette
...So only 20k people (50k in Japan, apparently) will be able to get its Mega Stone? ._. I call BS...
deadbeat
any tips for Mega Glalie. having issues with him :<
NaomiMinette
Disruption Delay. Any other item is entirely up to you.
Lanturn
Managed to get in the top 10k by using that one bonus complexity -1 I had saved... I forgot to get my mega starts though so that was a little bit of a waste.

Hopefully I can stay in the top 20k by the time the competition ends.... Mega Slowbro is the best <3

Talking about the Mega Lucario event by the way ;)
Azure_Kite
I'm just above 10k at the moment, I didn't use anything :(

I think it was mainly due to the fact I got a 30 combo chain at one point and ended up with 9700 points.
show more