forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
deadbeat
eh, no thanks. i'll pass
Trash Boat
Poké Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi game? No wait, more like Pokémon Type: Wild. Either way, I hope to see more Pokémon other than just Fighting-type ones
La Volpe
Too bad Fighting games are not my cup of tea. :/
NaomiMinette
Though I most likely won't get it, that Lucario looks preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty sexy :P

DestinySonata
I saw that this morning and I have to say, it looks like I'll like it <3
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

For those of you in Europe, a load of new details have come about the upcoming release of the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games. First, a special steelbook edition is to be released in Europe. In addition to that, UK pre-order bonuses have been revealed.
Those pre-ordering the Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Limited Edition SteelBook from the Official Nintendo UK Store will receive a miniature representation of Primal Kyogre, whilst those ordering pre-ordering the Pokémon Omega Ruby will receive a miniature representation of Primal Groudon. Both are ideal as collectibles for fans.
Those who pre-order either Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire as a standalone game from GAME will receive one Legendary Figurine of either Primal Groudon (Pokémon Omega Ruby) or Primal Kyogre (Pokémon Alpha Sapphire).
Those who pre-order either Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire as a standalone game from ShopTo will receive a 2D Keyring of Torchic, one of the three starter Pokémon in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

http://serebii.net/steelbook.jpg
http://serebii.net/orasfigures.jpg
http://serebii.net/torchickeyring.jpg
DestinySonata
Speaking of pre-orders, are there any pre-order bonuses for Alpha and Omega? (Shiny Beldum doesn't really count as one)
Stefan
Just pre-ordered Omega Ruby in the steelbook edition. Now it's time to wait. :D
Katze

Stefan wrote:

I was in the same shop as Stefan one day after he got there, and there wasn't ONE Steelbook-Edition left..
Welp, I pre-ordered Alpha Sapphire ;;
Professor Prinny

Katze wrote:

Stefan wrote:

I was in the same shop as Stefan one day after he got there, and there wasn't ONE Steelbook-Edition left..
Welp, I pre-ordered Alpha Sapphire ;;
When it comes to Nintendo, when they say limited edition they mean it unlike a majority of other company game franchises.
The Hyrule Warriors limited edition at my local game shop sold out in 2 days and the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire steelbooks were almost gone in roughly the same amount of time.
Katze
Hello Guys! I'm here to tell you that I received a Download-Code for either a Charizard + Charizardite Y or a Charizard + Charizardite X.
If any of you want the code, I'll gladly give it to you, but we have to figure out if it actually works, since its from Austria.
I can also simply download it and trade it with you guys, just tell me if any of you need that Charizard!
DestinySonata
Last time I checked (last week?) I can't even pre-order Alpha/Omega here yet.

rip me

Katze wrote:

Hello Guys! I'm here to tell you that I received a Download-Code for either a Charizard + Charizardite Y or a Charizard + Charizardite X.
If any of you want the code, I'll gladly give it to you, but we have to figure out if it actually works, since its from Austria.
I can also simply download it and trade it with you guys, just tell me if any of you need that Charizard!
I'm under the impression that it's once-per-person, though I've never really participated in these events, so I wouldn't know... it's got me interested anyway though.
NaomiMinette
Kinda surprised no one else posted about this while I was resting... anyway:

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Pre-order Bonus for Japan

A new trailer has come out for Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire has been revealed and showcases various aspects of the game including diving and more. There also appeared to be a feature where you can see parts of a Pokémon in the wild, such as Pikachu's tail, and approach it to appear in battle
In addition to this, it features details on the Japanese pre-order details. Pre-orders in Japan open on September 20th and all who pre-order will receive special figures of Primal Groudon & Primal Kyogre, different to the ones Europe is receiving. If you pre-order a special double pack of the games (comes with both games and both figures) for 9,142¥, you will also receive 100 Potions through 2 Serial Codes, one for each game. If you download the digital version of the game between November 21st 2014 and November 30th 2014, you will receive 12 Quick Balls. We also got dating for the shiny Beldum event. It will run from November 21st 2014 until January 14th 2015
Edit @ 05:06: It is also confirmed, through images of the Download Card, that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire will require approximately 1.8GB in order to download to your Nintendo 3DS. This is a further 100MB more than Pokémon X & Y
Edit @ 07:05: In addition to the above pre-order bonuses, if you pre-order two copies at Pokémon Centers in Japan, you will also receive a special Hoenn Artbook, and if you pre-order just one, you get the aforementioned figures as well as a shiny metallic poster of the box-art

http://serebii.net/jpfigures.jpg
http://serebii.net/artbook.jpg
Katze

DestinySonata wrote:

Last time I checked (last week?) I can't even pre-order Alpha/Omega here yet.

rip me

Katze wrote:

I'm under the impression that it's once-per-person, though I've never really participated in these events, so I wouldn't know... it's got me interested anyway though.
It is once-per-person, but if you want it, I can download it and trade it with you. You don't have to give me anything special.
Stefan

Katze wrote:

Stefan wrote:

.....wow, in fact I didn't even planned to order it on this day but later. Man.. I feel quite lucky now.
DestinySonata

Serebii wrote:

Edit @ 05:06: It is also confirmed, through images of the Download Card, that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire will require approximately 1.8GB in order to download to your Nintendo 3DS. This is a further 100MB more than Pokémon X & Y
Wait, the WHOLE game is only 1.8GB? I always thought that they were more... memory intensive, seeing as a cartridge can hold up to 8GB.

Katze wrote:

It is once-per-person, but if you want it, I can download it and trade it with you. You don't have to give me anything special.
Hmm... If no one else would like it, I can take it :)
bmin11

My wish came true
Trash Boat
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow :O dat Gallade
Lanturn
Cool. 3 new megas.

Glad Camerupt / Sharpedo are getting some awesome megas :)

Mega Gallade is cool I guess, but I don't really care for it much.

Trash Boat
bad idea #540: mixing a shark with a sawfish

actually it's not that bad, it's dangerous.
bmin11
M-Gallades ability is Inner Focus. My hype on halt.
rust45
Damn really? Justified is such a better ability for him
Jinxy
holy fuck Groudon's so broken

Gallade looks really cool in game but it's definitely more of a VGC mega with Inner Focus
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

For those of you in Europe, some new hardware bundles have been announced. This bundle is for a special Primal Groudon or Primal Kyogre themed Nintendo 2DSs. These consoles are transparent red and blue, to match the Ruby & Sapphire theme of the games.. The consoles will be available on their own in Europe on November 7th without the Pokémon name, or bundled with the games on November 28th.
Edit @ 09:10: They have also revealed details on the demo in Europe, coming in various areas on October 15th. The Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version will be available in the UK from GAME, Amazon, Smyth Toys Superstores, ShopTo and the Nintendo UK Official Store from the 15th October until launch. The codes will then also be made available through a number of other partners including Wikia, Bin Weevils and Nintendo Life until mid-November. Amazon, Smyths Toys, ShopTo and Nintendo UK Official Store will be sending these codes out to fans via their internal databases. GAME Stores will distribute their codes Nationwide via Nintendo Zone.
Edit @ 09:25: The Netherlands has announced that you can get the demo at their firstlook event on October 11th/12th, or at their autumn tour
Edit @ 11:20: Italian details have been revealed. You can get the demo in Topolino and Il Giornalino magazine, end of October, and in Focus Junior magazine, in early November., during the Nintendolandia Tour (October 18th / December 14th in the main Italian malls), during Milan Games Week, from October 24th to October 26th at Fieramilanocity & at Nintendo stand in G come Giocare, from November 21st to November 23rd at Fieramilanocity.
Edit @ 11:33: If you're in Belgium, you can receive the demo at the F.A.C.T.S. festival in Ghent on October 18th/19th and the Nintendo On Tour Mall Tour. Portuguese players can receive the demo at IBERANIME OPO 2014, Lisbon Comic Con Games Week and at FNAC, Media Markt and El Corte Inglés from October 15th. Switzerland will receive the demo at the Swiss Toy Fair from October 1st to October 5th, but the codes for the demo cannot be redeemed until October 15th
Edit @ 18:29: French details have been revealed. There will be multiple methods, the first being through codes distributed at Paris Games Week from October 29th to November 2nd, other methods will be running from October 15th but have yet to be announced

http://serebii.net/oras2ds.jpg
For those of you in Germany, the details of the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire demo have been released. This demo is to be distributed in German McDonalds restaurants utilising the Nintendo Zone on your Nintendo 3DS from October 15th. To access it, you simply access the option in the Nintendo Zone to receive a code that can be redeemed at the Nintendo eShop
Lanturn
New mega is pretty awesome

I like how they made him more serpent like with the long whiskers or whatever you call them. Though the horns are a little strange imo. (How is this thing supposed to eat?)

Trash Boat
I think they are fangs. And I don't remember have seen an ability with more than 1 function(M Rayquaza Delta Stream resets and prevents all weather-changing effects and nullifies super-effective damage against Flying-Type Pokémon, resulting in dealing normal damage)
Treekii
Gumpy
Now I kinda wish I had a 3DS.
NaomiMinette
About time Pidgeot got one.
Lanturn
About time yup. I like how Pidgeot's hair ACTUALLY got shorter.. but got really fat :D

The other thing. You can actually FLY on Latios / Latias now via Eon Flute and find wild Pokemon in the sky, as well as some islands.. This is gonna be great!

Also the two new megas.

NaomiMinette
The "flying on Latias/Latios and finding Pokémon in the air" thing might be a homage to the third Pokémon Ranger game. Just sayin'.

EDIT:

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Trailer & English Details

- The Pokémon Company has uploaded a new trailer which showcases all of the new information and Mega Evolutions from the past week. The US demo will come through the October Trainer Club News Letter.
- The DexNav in the PokéNav Plus has a search level as you find Pokémon. As this Level increases, you can find Pokémon with Hidden Abilities & Rare moves. You can even mark Pokémon in the area that you have seen and haven't seen.
- In the AreaNav, there is also tracking of Pokémon locations, as well as the return of the Trainer's Eyes and the ability to keep track of Secret Bases and Berries.
- Buzz Nav has information such as television shows, and you can even receive information for it with StreetPass.
- The PlayNav retains all features of the PSS, Super Training and Pokémon-Amie.
- Interview at USGamer confirms that Trainer Customisation is not in this game.
- It has also been confirmed in an interview with NTower that, although X & Y are compatible with Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, X & Y will not receive a patch to include the new Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversions.

- The first details from the Pokémon ORAS demo have come in and have revealed Mega Steelix which gets the Sand Force ability.
- Mega Glalie is also in the demo. It is pure Ice-type and gets the Refrigerate ability.

I'll be editing this post whenever more info about the demo gets released.
Navizel
*waiting for froslass*

Not a gen 3 but still.
NaomiMinette
Ice princess Mega Evolution... *.*
Trash Boat
Mega Diancie is already for that, but who knows? \:D/
La Volpe
Yeah if they could leak Mega Milotic that be great.
NaomiMinette

Trash Boat wrote:

Mega Diancie is already for that, but who knows? \:D/
I swear you never read anything on Pokémon sites. Diancie is Rock/Fairy.
Trash Boat
lol i didnt meant the type, more like the design

Lanturn
Mega Steelix looks amazing. I hope the NA mega is something out of the blue... and yellow.. and like a fish... <3 I can hope right?

----

So my favorite Pokemon song got a new music video <3
Anyone remember Imakuni? :D

NaomiMinette
I hate you ;~; I'd rather Ronald's Theme (when he appears)...
Lanturn
Hehe. Actually I think my favorite theme was just the normal battle one. For being a normal battle song, I never actually got tired of hearing it over and over.

I need to bust out my old game. I actually still have it :)
show more