forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sapphiire_old_1

Lanturn wrote:

it took me forever to notice Mega Salamence actually had wings.. in the shape of a crescent moon. Crazy
Oh god i dident even notice.
deadbeat
Mega Salamence would of looked a bit better if they had kept his arms and gone with a better design for the wings :(
NaomiMinette
Bit disappointed in this reveal, but at the same time I figured Salamence would get a Mega Evolution (just not... that look...). Anyway, the rest of the info:

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - CoroCoro Reveals

The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming game Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. This reveals Mega Altaria, who is Dragon/Fairy with Pixilate and Mega Lopunny who is Normal/Fighting with Scrappy. It now knows the move High Jump Kick.
It also confirms that with you change your Pikachu's cosplay for contests, it gets special moves. Pikachu Rock Star gets the move Meteor Mash, Pikachu Ph. D. knows Electric Terrain, Pikachu Pop Star knows Draining Kiss, Pikachu Belle knows Icicle Crash and Pikachu Libre knows Flying Press
Edit @ 06:56: Mega Salamence is also confirmed and has the ability Aerilate
Edit @ 07:07: Contests are detailed. With you meeting a Contest Idol called Lucia, who will give you special clothes for participating in Pokémon Contests. You also receive a shiny Beldum through an event, where it holds its Mega Stone
La Volpe
Mega Altaria look like a big pillow hahaha.
Sapphiire_old_1

Blazevoir wrote:

Bit disappointed in this reveal
Yeah they fucked up mega salamence design tbh, mega altaria and Lopbunny are ok tho.
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - CoroCoro Reveals

The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming game Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. This image furthers yesterdays and showcases more about Pokémon Contests. It shows the in-game images of the Contest Hall, details how Feebas's evolution is based on contests, and confirms that you can Mega Evolve during the contests, which boosts the Excite Meter & Appeal in the Contests, but can only be done when the Excite Meter is full.

...Did I just read "Contest Evolution"? ._.
Jinxy

Blazevoir wrote:

Serebii wrote:

details how Feebas's evolution is based on contests
a.k.a. gen 3 and 4
NaomiMinette
I wouldn't mind if it was just from PokéBlocks/Poffins, but actually involving Contests? Ugh...

I mean, I already have two Milotic and all, but forcing people to do Contests just to get one... I'd rather farm Prism Scales in Gen V.
Sapphiire_old_1

Blazevoir wrote:

It shows the in-game images of the Contest Hall, details how Feebas's evolution is based on contests, and confirms that you can Mega Evolve during the contests, which boosts the Excite Meter & Appeal in the Contests, but can only be done when the Excite Meter is full.
That is euhm... intresting.
Azure_Kite
For some reason, I actually for some reason kinda enjoyed the contests from Gen 3. It was the different events in the later generations that were boring for me.

But I'm just weird, so...
Professor Prinny

Azure_Kite wrote:

For some reason, I actually for some reason kinda enjoyed the contests from Gen 3. It was the different events in the later generations that were boring for me.

Don't worry. You aren't the only one who enjoyed the contests.
Azure_Kite
I wonder whether glass secret base items are going to be a thing again, and, if so, whether the prices for the larger ornaments will be adjusted.

I remember spending hours with max repels, making the most efficient path through route 114 to nab as much soot as possible. Fun times. With the advent of streetpass being more accessible, I think it would be funny to keep them as hard to obtain as they were.
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

I actually did enjoy preparing for and doing them back then. I can't say for sure I'll like them now, though...

Azure_Kite wrote:

I wonder whether glass secret base items are going to be a thing again, and, if so, whether the prices for the larger ornaments will be adjusted.

I remember spending hours with max repels, making the most efficient path through route 114 to nab as much soot as possible. Fun times. With the advent of streetpass being more accessible, I think it would be funny to keep them as hard to obtain as they were.
The fact that I (still) had OCD back them drove me crazy trying to get the "best paths", but I'll admit I kinda had fun doing all of that collecting. Too bad the music on that Route wasn't fitting...
Azure_Kite
I think I got it down to only needing one extra step on the largest patch of grass, and that's only because it was shaped weirdly.
NaomiMinette
It was like a sideways T, right? If so, then yeah... I had to do the same >_>

EDIT: Official video footage:

mathexpert
mega altaria is sooo moe~~~
Navizel
Is that a Pikarotom
NaomiMinette
Azure_Kite
That kinda sucks that it's an exclusive pokemon. I have a level 100 Pikachu I wanted to suit up D:
Sapphiire_old_1

mathexpert wrote:

mega altaria is sooo moe~~~

Blazevoir wrote:

EDIT: Official video footage:
That vid made me even more hyped, i realy hope we can dress other pokemon then pikachu and batle with them you could make your whole team to your 'style' would be cool.
Azure_Kite
The last link Blaze posted makes it pretty clear that this is a special Pikachu. As such, it's probably going to be the only one.
La Volpe
Free Shiny Beldum hype. :D
Professor Prinny

La Volpe wrote:

I feel sorry for anyone who worked on trying to get a shiny Beldum/Metang/Metagross.
Ciunek
It's ok, it's probably going on suck IV-wise... right?
NaomiMinette
*cough*Softresetting*cough*

...as long as it's not like Pokémon Bank's Celebi distribution, anyway...
Sapphiire_old_1

Professor Prinny wrote:

La Volpe wrote:

I feel sorry for anyone who worked on trying to get a shiny Beldum/Metang/Metagross.
yeah i hatched like 8000+eggs back in pokemon platinium to have one :/, oh well shineys arent that special annymore annyway with that chain fishing, ect
NaomiMinette
I've actually never cared about Chain Fishing; all the Shinies I got on my Y have been from random encounters (Gyrados and Spewpa), Hordes (Bellsprout and Wingull), and a Friend Safari (Kirlia).
deadbeat
LOL. that Mega Slowbro xD
Navizel
Another awful design. ugh

Audino is cute though. First Gen V mega pokemon :o
Sapphiire_old_1

Navizel wrote:

Another awful design. ugh
It looks so fake.

Navizel wrote:

Audino is cute though. First Gen V mega pokemon
Audino and altaria are my fav new mega's for the moment.
NaomiMinette
Full details:

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Details

The official Korean Pokémon website has accidentally uploaded details of Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino. We're currently translating the details. Note: The pages on the official Korean site have now been removed
Edit @ 09:53: Screenshots added to our pre-release screenshot page
Edit @ 09:57: Mega Audino is Normal/Fairy-type and the ability Healer. Mega Slowbro has the ability Shell Armor
Edit @ 10:09: Updated the Mega Evolutions page
Anyway, my thoughts: I'm so glad I raised a team of Audino and two actual ones.
Azure_Kite
Yeah, I have a level 100 Audino somewhere on Black 2.

That Mega Slowbro looks very... sheepish.

"I wonder what it feels like if I put it in like this... *moments later* I've made a terrible mistake. :<"
La Volpe
I'm starting to lose hope that Milotic will get a Mega evolution.
NaomiMinette
I'll admit I'll be extremely crushed if it doesn't get one, but just as long as Super-Secret Bases give EXP, I'll still buy (one of) the games. If not, well...
Trash Boat
Dragon/Water, Flying/Water or Fairy/Water, my guesses
Stefan
Am I the only one who loves Mega Slowbro? D:
La Volpe

Trash Boat wrote:

Dragon/Water, Flying/Water or Fairy/Water, my guesses
I feel like Water/Fairy fits best Milotic.

Stefan wrote:

Am I the only one who loves Mega Slowbro? D:
You're not the only one, mega Slowbro is pretty dope.
NaomiMinette
Azure_Kite
Pokemon Hunter. Please be Pokemon Hunter.
NaomiMinette
Oh you~ :P (For those who don't get it, Azure and I were talking about that in another thread.)

Anyway, it's probably that Pokémon Tekken game some of us thought of months ago.
show more