posted
Total Posts
show more
NaomiMinette
Screw you >_>
K0S-M0S
*Unfollows*
kirueggy
Pokemon will never die, not at least within a few years or so...

It's impossible for a new thing to "take over," then again the only other candidate for that is Yu-Gi-Oh but both franchises are equally as, uhh, good
Trash Boat
they cant leave the Pokémon business just like that. they need to give us at least the 7th gen
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon - Trademarks

A new trademark has been discovered as being registered by Nintendo, GameFreak and Creatures Inc. in Japan. This trademark is for デルタエメラルド Delta Emerald. In addition to this, in the US, at the same time as the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire domains were registered, one was registered for Pokémon Delta Emerald. This trademark registration is not likely to be indicative of a game release, but rather covering bases in a similar manner to the registration of Pokémon Water Blue back in 2004 and numerous other Pokémon names over the past 10 years including Pokémon Grey. We'll bring more as it comes
Well then...
NotEvenDoomMusic
No end in sight for "possible" new Pokémon titles.
This is great.

I can't wait what they've changed and added in the new OR/AS things.
Though i haven't updated myself on any news regarding to the remakes- can i expect the pokemon models being the same like in X/Y or maybe some minor changes in the models like how the sprites changed over the course of generations?
kirueggy
but watch them put gen IV surfing speed on a HOENN game...
NaomiMinette
I doubt it. They'll most likely use X/Y's stuff, so...

Anyway, this brings up an interesting point (assuming Delta Emerald won't actually be a game):

NotEvenDoomMusic

Blazevoir wrote:

I doubt it. They'll most likely use X/Y's stuff, so...

Anyway, this brings up an interesting point (assuming Delta Emerald won't actually be a game):

That's a good point, but if we were to follow it canon-wise then Juan will most likely not appear in OR/AS.
But then again, how's it going to be like with all other changed locations?

If we were to strictly follow the R/S mechanics and what's going to happen then most locations/people won't exist until (D)E with changes that are not done until Emerald.
That would also mean that there won't be a Battle Frontier until DE, unless they would allow it to be there regardless of the the R/S storyline.
Then it would again allow a small space of hope that Juan might have a small cameo at least until we get further news on the existence of DE.
mm201
HG/SS had a Battle Tower (Frontier) despite it only appearing in Crystal. Non-plot-critical things from Emerald can stay.
Maybe Juan could be the post-game trainer in Meteor Falls.
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire- CoroCoro Reveals

The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming games. This reveals Mega Sceptile, Swampert and Diancie. Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon-type while the others maintain their type. Mega Diancie's ability is currently listed as ??? while Mega Sceptile has Lightning Rod and Mega Swampert has the ability Swift Swim. Groudon & Kyogre's new "Mega Evolutions" are known as Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Groudon & Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Kyogre and are said to be a regression called Ancient Devolution. Steven Stone returns and also appears to have a Mega Charizard X and is after the secret for Mega Evolution
Both the Mach and Acro Bike make a return in this game and Team Aqua & Team Magma both return as well. Team Magma is lead once again by Maxie, and his Admins: Tabitha & Courtney. Team Aqua is lead by Archie and his admins Matt and Shelley, all of whom have been redesigned. Like the originals the team you face varies depending upon the game. The Mega Evolution activating item in this game is the Mega Bangle.

Spoilered images in case people don't want to see them (you'll probably have to right-click -> View Image to see them properly). Also fixed a typo Serebii made.
bmin11
Can I join Team Magma? How do I join Team Magma?

Quite disappointed on how the male protagonist and Archie turned out, but that's my only complaints from this reveal.
kirueggy
Well looks like this game is gonna take 5 years to complete.
NaomiMinette
Depends on how much they add compared to the original versions + post-story content (HA! >_>)
Jinxy
That's a pretty big redesign on the teams. The eyes on Brendan and May are a little iffy but that's because I'm used to their RSE art. Seems they made Brendan's sideburns longer specifically to say that's a hat
Gakkun
I always thought Brendan's hat was his hair when I was younger, lol.

I love Sceptile but Mega Sceptile as a grass/dragon..... kind of scares me.

Steven looks hot as ever.
Lanturn
Mega Lanturn please <3

Oh but really. I'm really glad they're putting new Megas in the game. I'll be happily starting off with Treecko now though I'm starting to love Swampert's design.

Also damn.. Tabitha/Homura, you really let yourself go. :P

SPOILER
from
[- Alex -]

First Dragon/Grass type

HYPE!
NaomiMinette
Makes me wonder if a future Gen will have a Dragon/Grass Legendary... lol.

Anyway, does anyone know the reason behind Mega Sceptile's typing and Ability (Lightningrod)? My guess is that it's based on a Japanese pun just like how Mega Ampharos made way more sense in Japanese, but I could be wrong.
kirueggy
Dragon & Grass don't fit in the same sentence lol. I doubt it... Unless they make the legendary so badass looking it counters every other Pokemon's cool level
Azure_Kite

Blazevoir wrote:

Makes me wonder if a future Gen will have a Dragon/Grass Legendary... lol.

Anyway, does anyone know the reason behind Mega Sceptile's typing and Ability (Lightningrod)? My guess is that it's based on a Japanese pun just like how Mega Ampharos made way more sense in Japanese, but I could be wrong.
"Hey guys, we're making a starter pokemon's mega evolution have a 4x defense against Electric type! What do we do?

Whack Lightningrod on it's ability slot.

What?! That's madness!!!

Is it, really? All you're doing is giving it an immunity to a move type that will never be used against it, and if someone does, it gets stronger!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAhAHAJKLHFLSAIUGFHIL:FVDSUHFULAJGHFLUGESF

..... *backs away slowly"

Seriously though, one possibility is that his tail looks like a tree, and tall trees are struck by lightning every now and then, or who even knows for sure.
Lanturn

Blazevoir wrote:

From the Bulbapedia Wiki, it seems Sceptile is based on a Dilophosaurus so that's where the Dragon Typing comes from. (Btw, Dinosaur = Dragon in Pokémon lol)

As for the ability. I'm in agreement with Azure
Jinxy
Predict an electric attack in singles or pair with a discharge partner in doubles = fun times, but it does depend on how well its stats turn out to be since that strategy is nothing new
Lanturn
Having some actual gameplay footage was really nice. Gym Leader splash screen, Some gyms, overworld, magma/aqua lair, and so on.

E3 2014 Video:

Hoenn map:

PS. Are we going to make a ORAS thread like we did with XY to help with spoilers?
NaomiMinette

Lanturn wrote:

Are we going to make a ORAS thread like we did with XY to help with spoilers?
Yes. Don't know who will be starting it, but I prefer if it gets created 1-2 weeks before the games get released.
Trash Boat
dadbeat for ORAS thread OP
NaomiMinette
Another Mega confirmed!

Lanturn
Aghhh

Wake up to Pac-man

Come home from work to a new mega. ;_;

I actually wasn't expecting much more because of only what Corocoro leaked.

Oh, and the Mega evolutions in ORAS all look amazing so far. I really like Mega Sableye and I think I'll pick one up on my first playthrough.
La Volpe
Pretty cool, but I still want mega Milotic.. :c
NaomiMinette

La Volpe wrote:

Pretty cool, but I still want mega Milotic.. :c
I'll actually be extremely disappointed if it doesn't get one.
Trash Boat
Mega Sableye is still Dark/Ghost?
Navizel
Mega Sableye tells me he will be a Ruby-exclusive

I hope not since I will be buying Sapphire
Lanturn
This is how I see it, and I'm sure many others already have the same idea.
Mega Sableye will be the defense, Mega Mawile is the offense. I'm expecting similar stats as Mawile, but in Defense instead of Offense. He'll probably get A defensive ability similar to Huge Power (+50% attack)

As for exclusives.. Possibly, or at least the Mega Stone. It'll probably be something like Aggron/Tyranitar, where you need to trade mega stones or pokemon to get.
NaomiMinette
New video:

There are also A LOT of new pre-release screenshots, found here (scroll down to June 12's).
Trash Boat
Poké transfer from Kalos to hoenn? really?
kirueggy

Trash Boat wrote:

Poké transfer from Kalos to hoenn? really?
this would solve all the world's problems
Azure_Kite
I do like to see that they really do seem to be making an effort to globalise the pokemon releases since X and Y. Having them released at the same time worldwide is cool and stuff.
forgott3n

Blazevoir wrote:

New video:

There are also A LOT of new pre-release screenshots, found here (scroll down to June 12's).
Ahh i want Diancie
I heard it's a event Pokemon. Awesome Mega evolution~

But i prefer normal Diancie
Sapphiire_old_1
My opinions so far :

- i am verry disappointed that they use x/y art style
- concept of primal evolution looks cool makes me think of primal dialga
- love all of the mega evolutions that they have announced except for mega sabley lack of inspiration strikes again
NaomiMinette
I like both Diancie and Mega Diancie. Too bad we can't rename it ._.
show more