forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sapphiire_old_1

Lolz
NaomiMinette
I absolutely loved the music that played from Charmeleon -> Charizard/Charizard -> Mega Charizard X. I also accept this video.
Trash Boat
whats the most impressive Pokémon Papercraft accord to you, people?
Sapphiire_old_1

Blazevoir wrote:

I absolutely loved the music that played from Charmeleon -> Charizard/Charizard -> Mega Charizard X.
Yeah brings back so manny memories <3

Off Topic : I actually loved Digimon when i was a kid , only season 1 and 2 tho the rest kinda suck in my opinion , and the movie was AWSOME i already saw him more then 10 times and i actually still rewatch it
NaomiMinette
Not sure if still off-topic, but do you know what music was used in that video?
Sapphiire_old_1
-Digimon Season 1 Opening Theme
-Brave Heart by Miyazaki Ayumi
NaomiMinette
Sweet, thanks :D
Sapphiire_old_1

Blazevoir wrote:

Sweet, thanks :D
Doo itashimashite! ;)

SPOILER

nice try professor
Sylveon

SoG Tava wrote:

Lolz
EPIC
Sapphiire_old_1

NaomiMinette

I died a little, fake or not...
Vish024
I assumed it's bollocks straight away.
Sapphiire_old_1

Blazevoir wrote:

I died a little, fake or not...

Aye i still don't now if its real ore not but yeah even if it is fake ( wich i hope) it made me realise sooner ore later it will happen
NaomiMinette
Yeah, that's the thing. I know Nintendo/Game Freak can't make Pokémon games forever, but... yeah...
NotEvenDoomMusic

SoG Tava wrote:

I don't follow Nintendo nor Pokémon news (since i'm just a casual player that loves every game equaly) but if Gamefreak is serious with that then it's going to be really, really sad news for the entire gaming world.

Blazevoir wrote:

Yeah, that's the thing. I know Nintendo/Game Freak can't make Pokémon games forever, but... yeah...
I agree, but Pokémon is one of Nintendo's most well known franchise among the names that is being "The Legend of Zelda", "Mario (and Co.)" and what else there is and if Nintendo is going to stop making new generations they also basically stop making profits from that one, big source.

Pokémon is one of Nintendo's best grossing franchises, just because the merchandising around it is HUGE.
The series has it's own trading card series, had a lot of influence towards other japanese games and it's just overal very big in Japan.
They've even built Pokémon Centers around Japan to even sell a lot of Pokémon merchandises.

It would be a shame if Omega Ruby/Alpha Saphire would be the last to hit the shelves of the series.

But since i actually mention the names... I think that the Twitter news is fake.
Mainly because the one who made this picture just named one of the two versions, that is Omega Ruby and forgot to name both.
The news also lack of being convincing; mainly since it just sounds like they didn't gave it a second thought on the decision and didn't gave out a reasons for doing so.
Secondarily, what will happen to the knockoff series like Mystery Dungeon?

Sounds like a big hoax tbh, but i'll leave it open up until Nintendo is ACTUALLY giving out some news on E3 regarding the sudden decision to stop supporting the main series, which i highly doubt.

EDIT: To cut it short, Pokemon was/is one of the staple of Nintendo's major success, amongst the "big" franchises that they've started off with.
There's virtually no reason for them to EVER, stop making new installments to bring joy upon future generations of children while earning off from the past generation of gamers that supports them.

If they would break the cycle after OR/AS, they would also letting down the support of so many years by gamers that enjoy Pokemon as it is and has become.
mathexpert
Is it that hard to check if it's fake or not? I mean, it's not even on their official twitter page. Seems like some obvious photoshop work. Not to mention, the grammar of the post sucks (It's not "Just as the the name suggests it", it's "Just as the the name suggests"; the "it" is redundant and awkward) More importantly, the tweet is way too curt and brief to be an official announcement. soo...seems obviously fake
NaomiMinette
I already did try looking earlier, and as I said already, it killed me a little regardless if it was fake or not. I mean I guess I should've said something, but...
NotEvenDoomMusic

Blazevoir wrote:

I already did try looking earlier, and as I said already, it killed me a little regardless if it was fake or not. I mean I guess I should've said something, but...
It's the general thought of the fact, facing reality?
Just the thought; there's no denial that "maybe" one day Pokémon has to end?

Well i think the fake news just shook up the dwelling minds that we took Pokémon for granted over the years and never thought about what will happen "IF" Nintendo decides to stop supporting the franchise.

I also was "shocked" and "confused" since even the longest supported things can end.
Like how Nintendo Power's last issue, the past generation may have taken it for granted, but eventually they had to stop releasing new issues aswell.

But as of for now, Pokémon remains one of the most powerful/iconic franchises in gaming history and i think there's no reason to worry about it's future.
The support is there from the past generation that could live through the very first Pokémon games and gaining new audience from the new generation aswell as they continue making new Pokémon games.
Trash Boat
Pokémon is love, Pokémon is life
K0S-M0S
Pokemon Forever!
Soaprman
Soaprman
NaomiMinette
Screw you >_>
K0S-M0S
*Unfollows*
kirueggy
Pokemon will never die, not at least within a few years or so...

It's impossible for a new thing to "take over," then again the only other candidate for that is Yu-Gi-Oh but both franchises are equally as, uhh, good
Trash Boat
they cant leave the Pokémon business just like that. they need to give us at least the 7th gen
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon - Trademarks

A new trademark has been discovered as being registered by Nintendo, GameFreak and Creatures Inc. in Japan. This trademark is for デルタエメラルド Delta Emerald. In addition to this, in the US, at the same time as the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire domains were registered, one was registered for Pokémon Delta Emerald. This trademark registration is not likely to be indicative of a game release, but rather covering bases in a similar manner to the registration of Pokémon Water Blue back in 2004 and numerous other Pokémon names over the past 10 years including Pokémon Grey. We'll bring more as it comes
Well then...
NotEvenDoomMusic
No end in sight for "possible" new Pokémon titles.
This is great.

I can't wait what they've changed and added in the new OR/AS things.
Though i haven't updated myself on any news regarding to the remakes- can i expect the pokemon models being the same like in X/Y or maybe some minor changes in the models like how the sprites changed over the course of generations?
kirueggy
but watch them put gen IV surfing speed on a HOENN game...
NaomiMinette
I doubt it. They'll most likely use X/Y's stuff, so...

Anyway, this brings up an interesting point (assuming Delta Emerald won't actually be a game):

NotEvenDoomMusic

Blazevoir wrote:

I doubt it. They'll most likely use X/Y's stuff, so...

Anyway, this brings up an interesting point (assuming Delta Emerald won't actually be a game):

That's a good point, but if we were to follow it canon-wise then Juan will most likely not appear in OR/AS.
But then again, how's it going to be like with all other changed locations?

If we were to strictly follow the R/S mechanics and what's going to happen then most locations/people won't exist until (D)E with changes that are not done until Emerald.
That would also mean that there won't be a Battle Frontier until DE, unless they would allow it to be there regardless of the the R/S storyline.
Then it would again allow a small space of hope that Juan might have a small cameo at least until we get further news on the existence of DE.
mm201
HG/SS had a Battle Tower (Frontier) despite it only appearing in Crystal. Non-plot-critical things from Emerald can stay.
Maybe Juan could be the post-game trainer in Meteor Falls.
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire- CoroCoro Reveals

The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming games. This reveals Mega Sceptile, Swampert and Diancie. Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon-type while the others maintain their type. Mega Diancie's ability is currently listed as ??? while Mega Sceptile has Lightning Rod and Mega Swampert has the ability Swift Swim. Groudon & Kyogre's new "Mega Evolutions" are known as Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Groudon & Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Kyogre and are said to be a regression called Ancient Devolution. Steven Stone returns and also appears to have a Mega Charizard X and is after the secret for Mega Evolution
Both the Mach and Acro Bike make a return in this game and Team Aqua & Team Magma both return as well. Team Magma is lead once again by Maxie, and his Admins: Tabitha & Courtney. Team Aqua is lead by Archie and his admins Matt and Shelley, all of whom have been redesigned. Like the originals the team you face varies depending upon the game. The Mega Evolution activating item in this game is the Mega Bangle.

Spoilered images in case people don't want to see them (you'll probably have to right-click -> View Image to see them properly). Also fixed a typo Serebii made.
bmin11
Can I join Team Magma? How do I join Team Magma?

Quite disappointed on how the male protagonist and Archie turned out, but that's my only complaints from this reveal.
kirueggy
Well looks like this game is gonna take 5 years to complete.
NaomiMinette
Depends on how much they add compared to the original versions + post-story content (HA! >_>)
Jinxy
That's a pretty big redesign on the teams. The eyes on Brendan and May are a little iffy but that's because I'm used to their RSE art. Seems they made Brendan's sideburns longer specifically to say that's a hat
Gakkun
I always thought Brendan's hat was his hair when I was younger, lol.

I love Sceptile but Mega Sceptile as a grass/dragon..... kind of scares me.

Steven looks hot as ever.
Lanturn
Mega Lanturn please <3

Oh but really. I'm really glad they're putting new Megas in the game. I'll be happily starting off with Treecko now though I'm starting to love Swampert's design.

Also damn.. Tabitha/Homura, you really let yourself go. :P

SPOILER
from
[- Alex -]

First Dragon/Grass type

HYPE!
show more