forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
bmin11

This is the only evolution line I always forget or never realize it.
mathexpert
When I caught this in a friend safari I didn't know what the fuck it was...then I found out I hadn't noticed it for 6 generations .-.
Jinxy
I remember Mothim and Venomoth for Tinted Lens shenanigans.

Though, in the forgettable category, who knows Finneon?
bmin11
That fabulous little fish I don't know where to use?

EDIT: Yup. I just checked Lumineon and I still have no idea where to use it.
rust45
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... k%C3%A9mon)
I just always forget about it. I didn't even remember what it evolved from until now. I've never seen it used except by gamefreak teams in battle institutes.
Trash Boat
Mothim evolves from a Male Burmy, Wormadam from a Female Burmy
NotEvenDoomMusic

Smoochum.

Easily forgetable because it isn't anything special, it evolves into Jynx which isn't any special either, ontop of that the only way to get it was breeding off Jynx and it has no use after it whatsoever.
Though, you could catch it in Gen IV only in swarms and in Platinum, quite rare in the Snowpoint Temple.

I'm not saying it's the worst pokemon, but also not superficially throwing in Bug pokemon (which are common, and easily forgetable aswell) for a measure, it's just that i often forget that Jynx had a pre-evolution which is Smoochum.

From all generations, i think Gen IV was the most nightmare-ish for me as it featured 2 of my "i seriously don't like them, seriously."-pokemon.
Most annoying pokemon though is Bronzor... i don't know, it just... i don't like it :/ (Bronzong is okay though)
second most annoying is Kricketune, years and years and i'm still disturbed with my imagination why a bug would have a ballgag as a mouth.
Female version is worse though, moustached bug with a ballgag. :'c
mathexpert
really? I've never used jynx, but on smogon it lists jynx as a uber and OU...
and as an Ice/psychic/super creepy pokemon, it kinda stood out to me
bmin11
Jynx is labeled NU. It just has analyzes for those who wants to use her for RU and above.

I also think most baby pokemons are quite forgettable imo. They are cute, but you rarely see them.
NotEvenDoomMusic

mathexpert wrote:

really? I've never used jynx, but on smogon it lists jynx as a uber and OU...
and as an Ice/psychic/super creepy pokemon, it kinda stood out to me
Yeah, well i actually was pointing on Smoochum and not Jynx, as i said, i never really realized that Jynx has an pre-evo which is Smoochum.
So it kinda got lost until every time i whip out the dex to check which pokemons are missing.

Also, the reason why Jynx is in Uber and OU is the way she can be played as aka. in the tiers it can be played, it's just a rule, nonetheless, Alakazam is widely prefered over Jynx since it's faster and has more SP.A.
State me wrong here, but Jynx isn't really a pokemon widely spread and mainly for use in setup due to her Dry Skin ability.
NaomiMinette
It's weird... I can recall every Pokémon's type (at least up to Gen V), but I can't recall all of their names.

Does that count?
Derekku

rust45 wrote:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kricketune_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
I just always forget about it. I didn't even remember what it evolved from until now. I've never seen it used except by gamefreak teams in battle institutes.
But it's DELELELELELE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!
rust45

Derekku wrote:

rust45 wrote:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kricketune_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
But it's DELELELELELE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!
Oh wow that video. I will give Kricketune has a freaking memorable cry and I'll remember it when I hear the cry at least.
Snepif

Blazevoir wrote:

It's weird... I can recall every Pokémon's type (at least up to Gen V), but I can't recall all of their names.

Does that count?
Well for battling purposes, it's what matters the most so you are fine like that '-'
I have to search in the wikidex when I battle, even in the battle mansion or easy things, since I completely skipped gen V and gen III ;_;
silmarilen

Soaprman wrote:

So last night I was browsing Pokédex 3D because I like to do that sometimes. And I came across a pokémon I almost entirely forgot even existed.

How many of you can say off the top of your head what this thing's name is? How about what it evolves from? I wouldn't have been able to answer either question before yesterday, and I'll probably be unable to answer those questions a week from now.

I think Mothim is the most forgettable pokémon in town. I remember Burmy and Wormadam just fine but having never actually used either, it became so easy to forget that this low-profile mon had an alternate evolution! And bug is even one of my favorite types...

How about you guys? Any pokémon you find particularly forgettable? Any particular reason (e.g. version exclusive to the version you didn't have)? There are several others I could list but I want to see what everyone else brings up first.
lol which gen is this? i dont even know any pokemon after the one with blaziken
NaomiMinette
Lol, crap... I can't remember if Mothim was in Gen IV or V.

Okay, Soap wins (to some extent).
Trash Boat
Mothim is from Gen IV
Soaprman
NEDM: I actually kind of feel the same way about most baby pokémon. It could be because few (if any?) of them can be caught in the wild, and few trainers use them, so one could play through single player without encountering many of them. Like you, I only really know they exist when I'm purposefully breeding them to get dex entries.

Blazevoir wrote:

Does that count?
Types are usually somewhat easy to guess by just looking at the pokémon, though.

Mawile is another one I forgot about up until X/Y came out... it was Ruby exclusive and I only had Sapphire (Never had Emerald, so it might have also been in that). I didn't play a whole lot in gens 3-4 either so I never actually saw one until I looked in a pokédex online or something. Now it's got a mega evolution and people can't stop talking about it! Talk about going from zero to hero.
mm201
Mega Qwilfish for GenVII
Soaprman
Just for the hell of it, here's a list of pokémon with no evolutions OR mega evolutions OR baby forms (excluding legendaries). Spoilerbox for big (but not very big):

SPOILER
Gen 1
Farfetch'd
Tauros
Ditto

Gen 2
Unown
Wobbuffet
Girafarig
Dunsparce
Qwilfish
Shuckle
Delibird
Skarmory
Stantler
Smeargle
Miltank

Gen 3
Sableye
Plusle
Minun
Volbeat
Illumise
Torkoal
Spinda
Zangoose
Seviper
Lunatone
Solrock
Castform
Kecleon
Relicanth
Luvdisc

Gen 4
Pachirisu
Chatot
Spiritomb
Carnivine
Rotom

Gen 5
Audino
Throh
Sawk
Maractus
Emolga
Alomomola
Stunfisk
Bouffalant
Heatmor
Durant

Gen 6
Furfrou
Hawlucha
Dedenne
Carbink
Klefki

Look at all these low-profile nobodies (mixed in with the occasional somebody). I look forward to the day when I can collect Unownite A, Unownite B, Unownite C, and the rest to allow each of the Unown in my Unown PC box to mega evolve should I take them into battle. Unown P, Unown E, Unown N, Unown I, Unown S, and Mega Unown ! will make quite the team.

I'm still mega (get it???) disappointed that there's no Mega Seviper or Mega Zangoose. Maybe next gen...
rust45

Soaprman wrote:

Wobbuffet
Wynaut is Wobbuffet's baby form.
Jinxy
ok so the TCG is surprisingly fun

Played online on the official client, and hilariously wrecked my first opponent match because the he had a Normal/Electric starter deck and I just stomped so hard with my Fighting/Ground starter deck.
Trash Boat

Jinxy wrote:

ok so the TCG is surprisingly fun

Played online on the official client, and hilariously wrecked my first opponent match because the he had a Normal/Electric starter deck and I just stomped so hard with my Fighting/Ground starter deck.
finally, a TCG Player! that topic was about to be graveyarded, but you resurrected it. Thanks a lot
Jinxy
Well technically I'm just testing it out, still not really interested in what cards come out simply because I'm never going to get to use them anyway

and exiting the game is a massive pain in the ass
Sapphiire_old_1

poor oshawott , pikachu gets dem girls
NaomiMinette
Oshawott and Piplup were hilarious when Meloetta was involved XD
Soaprman
NaomiMinette
Okay, be honest here: WITHOUT LOOKING THEM UP, how many of you can recall each Gen's Professors (regardless of language, though for the sake of things I'll just say the English names)?

I tried asking myself that and forgot about the 2nd one ._.
Jinxy
Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, Juniper, Sycamore
deadbeat
derp
olk, elm, birch, rowan, juniper, and the 6th guy's name i can never remember
NaomiMinette
Alright, I'm not alone ;~;
Birdy
I never remember Elm and Juniper.

Oh, by the way, my Chespin (Chesnaught) is called "Prof. Alder" because why not.
deadbeat
i'll just leave this here

serebii.net wrote:

The first trailer has been released for the upcoming anime special, Strongest Mega Evolution Act 1, due to air in Japan on April 3rd 2014. This special focuses on a trainer whose goal is to defeat every Mega Evolution. What do you think of it? http://youtu.be/qnzdXEkKEtI http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
DestinySonata
wow that's some bump deadbeat
it looks like some kind of pokemon all-star kind of thingy, but it looks pretty good. i wonder if this will lead to the release of more mega evolutions...
and funny they only mentioned siebold of the elite-four, since the champion has one as well.
Sapphiire_old_1
can't w8 to see it looks realy nice i love those anime specials
Birdy
I never realized I still have this one bookmarked.
Trash Boat
nice bump deadbeat. i thought it was wastelanded
deadbeat
god help me, i bumped a thread with useful information >_>
Trash Boat
here's an idea for XY players. why don't you guys make an osu!nova VG league? the most qualified players from here can become "leaders" of "gyms", so people can challenge you. the contestants must ask for a challenge to the leaders in order to proceed, respecting each leader's GMT. each leader must make a team with only 1 type(secondary types are allowed, as long as all Pokémon share one unique type)
example:
User 1, Grass gym leader
User 2, Fire gym leader
and so on, until covering most or all the types
now for E4, mmm... that's gonna be difficult. maybe some of you should be part leader part elite. if you're interested, i leave the rest of the rules to your judgement
DestinySonata
^That's actually quite interesting.
I'd love to be competitive once more
show more