General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Professor Prinny
I guess it might be funny to see a horde of Magikarps
deadbeat

Serebii wrote:

The first batch of CoroCoro information is seemingly released, though unconfirmed at this time, and this batch showcases more information on the upcoming games, Pokémon X & Y. In this small portion of a scan, it shows a new character called Sana (サナ), who appears to be the character who follows you in the forest within the early trailer. Another image shows a character called Pansy (パンジー), who appears in the anime with Gogoat & Helioptile on July 18th, and the first Gym Leader we know of called Viola (Literally Biora ビオラ), who appears to be a bug Gym Leader in Hakudan City (ハクダンシティ)
http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/supposed-p ... nformation score 1 for pokebeach
looking at the post, at least 4 of those got confirmed o_o

EDIT: new pokemon:

also try open up one of those images and change the numbers. a lot of interesting pictures :O

EDIT2: more pokemon \:D/

Azure_Kite
Jinxy
I'd say this fanart wins everything else can go home

NaomiMinette

More stuffs!
Kyujuroku 96

JInxyjem wrote:

In case you didn't know already Sylveon is going to be the newest pokemon type: Fairy which is stronger against the dragon type. Marrill, Jigglypuff and Gardevoir will get this type too. Aparently they want to balance the power of Dragon type pokemon by adding a new weakness, just like they did in Gen II with the steel and dark types
awp

JInxyjem wrote:

not even

deadbeat

S v p e r wrote:

In case you didn't know already Sylveon is going to be the newest pokemon type: Fairy which is stronger against the dragon type. Marrill, Jigglypuff and Gardevoir will get this type too. Aparently they want to balance the power of Dragon type pokemon by adding a new weakness, just like they did in Gen II with the steel and dark types
yeah, we knew :p
this idea has been around for a while, but only now just got comfirmed
ziddy-zid
This is some stuff, about the confirmed gym leader-rival

The names of rival is Pansy, she's on the left. And on the right is the gym leader, names Viola and using bug type.

And that's player's rival from the first city, Asame Town. I got it from Bulbapedia and Pokebeach.
mm201

JInxyjem wrote:

Most of those guys are 4xed by Ice but you don't see Glaceon standing on them.
Azure_Kite

mm201 wrote:

Seph
deadbeat

Azure_Kite wrote:

mm201 wrote:

i guess mm201 was just asking for that :p
Topic Starter
Ekaru

mm201 wrote:

Glaceon can't switch in on Outrage, though.
NaomiMinette

Seph wrote:

Inb4EXTREMELY girly gym :P
Topic Starter
Ekaru
anyone got a female Shinx?
NaomiMinette
I do, though uhh... I was using it for Egg Move purposes.
rust45

mm201 wrote:

Glaceon wouldn't be able to switch on an outrage though.
deadbeat

i'm sorry, was he skating???

EDIT: http://www.serebii.net/xy/pics.shtml wish i knew this page existed earlier ;w;

EDIT2:
HE WAS SKATING
NaomiMinette
I'm guessing that's the new Running Shoes, though it makes me wonder if a mini-game involving skating will be involved.
0_o

Ekaru wrote:

mm201 wrote:

Glaceon can't switch in on Outrage, though.

rust45 wrote:

mm201 wrote:

Glaceon wouldn't be able to switch on an outrage though.
Nice.
awp
it occurred to me that Gen 6 contains pokemon #666
Topic Starter
Ekaru

awp wrote:

inb4 it's Fletchling :(
mm201

Ekaru wrote:

awp wrote:

I've got my money on it being this generation's Bidoof.
awp

mm201 wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

I've got my money on it being this generation's Bidoof.
Bidoof is god, not the devil
NaomiMinette
I still don't get the whole Bidoof thing...
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

I still don't get the whole Bidoof thing...
You don't? You should, because Bidoof is fucking awesome.
sayaka-miki

Blazevoir wrote:

I'm guessing that's the new Running Shoes, though it makes me wonder if a mini-game involving skating will be involved.
I think that'd be pretty nice, what would the purpose of the mini-game be for, though?
NaomiMinette
I dunno... Depends if we can perform tricks/stunts with them.
Rukario
NaomiMinette
From serebii.net:

For those of you with the French, German, Spanish or Italan language Black 2 & White 2 games, a new WiFi event has been announced. This WiFi event matches the recent UK one and provides a special Level 100 Deoxys with the moves Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Recover and Psycho Boost, while holding the Life Orb and coming in the Dusk Ball. Like all Deoxys, this Pokémon can be taken to the Nacrene City Museum to change form. It runs from July 1st to July 22nd so there's only a limited time to receive it
EDIT: Pokémon Global Link is officially closing January 14th for all Gen V games. I know it's still way too early, but don't forget to move your stuff to your games before then. More info here.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
I think I'll wait until Jan 15th to retrieve my Arcanine. :)
mm201
OMG *plays the crap out of the PDW*
NaomiMinette
The only thing I hate about all of this is that I won't have some way of regrowing Berries. I mean yeah, X/Y's PGL will probably have something to remedy that, but considering I was using two game cards to grow Berries... (especially the ones you get from participating in Battle Union or whatever)...
mm201
I guess I'm screwed. I don't even have those berries yet, and regrowing them will become impossible once the PDW shuts down.
It's so uncharacteristic of Nintendo to shut down anything gaming-related.
I hope people's packet sniffers are running so they can set up a fan-operated PGL server.
NaomiMinette
I'm pretty sure they just wanna focus on X/Y's PGL is why. Who knows, maybe ALL the stuff that's in the current PGL will end up there *shrugs*
Azure_Kite
It is a way of them saying "Psst, hey everyone. Buy a 3DS. *thumbs up*".
rust45

mm201 wrote:

I guess I'm screwed. I don't even have those berries yet, and regrowing them will become impossible once the PDW shuts down.
It's so uncharacteristic of Nintendo to shut down anything gaming-related.
I hope people's packet sniffers are running so they can set up a fan-operated PGL server.
I feel this is GameFreak's decision instead of Nintendo's, but it's still odd.

I never really enjoyed the Dream World that much in the first place. I never even linked my white 2 cart to it. All I really did was get the EV berries and then once I had enough to my liking my White cart, I stopped touching it.
XPJ38
New video from Junichi Masuda presented during Paris' Japan Expo:

1. Pokémon X/Y's map has been mostly inspired by France,
  2. A new Pokémon is revealed: Honedge, Steel/Ghost type.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

show more