Total Posts
show more
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

Who needs children. I have Fennekin.
Why did I get a kick outta that? :o

Hika
Died from the cuteness overload.

I'm going to start playing Black 2 again soon. I'll gather some friend codes then. Yeah. Maybe we should make a list of friend codes in the OP.
Moriya Suwako
Waiting for Pokemon X/Y now. lol
Saso-Hikage
I'm looking forward to buying Pokemon Y. Until then I have to keep losing wifi matches in Black 2. :o
deadbeat

Hika wrote:

I'll gather some friend codes then. Yeah. Maybe we should make a list of friend codes in the OP.
i'd be happy to make a list. i'd even include when games people have incase people are interesting in trading to and from different games
Laharl

sasori93 wrote:

I'm looking forward to buying Pokemon Y. Until then I have to keep losing wifi matches in Black 2. :o
You're a lucky one.
Ava

sasori93 wrote:

I have to keep losing wifi matches in Black 2. :o
I feel sorry for you somehow, what's your current team in Black 2 ?
Saso-Hikage

Ava wrote:

- Samurott (Well, it's the starter... I guess, I had to keep him :P)
- Lucario
- Magnezone
- Flygon
- Absol
- Espeon

It's not the best team. I just put in some Pokemon, I like (especially Espeon ^^)
Jinxy
One glance and I can say that Fighting tears half your team apart; Lucario, Magnezone and Absol. You should go for another fighting type.

Are they EV trained?

By the way, does anyone know of a tanky pokemon with defense boosting moves and baton pass by any chance?
Saso-Hikage

JInxyjem wrote:

One glance and I can say that Fighting tears half your team apart; Lucario, Magnezone and Absol. You should go for another fighting type.

Are they EV trained?
No, I didn't have the time to train my team properly.
I also thought about exchanging a few team members, but as I mentioned before, I just don't have the time to train new members.
bmin11

JInx wrote:

By the way, does anyone know of a tanky pokemon with defense boosting moves and baton pass by any chance?
You could train an Eevee to Lv. 36 to learn Baton Pass and evolve into Umbreon. You can use Curse to boost and pass it afterward.

Vaporeon is also a good option as well. Vaporeon can learn both Baton Pass and Acid Armor.

Durant can also learn both Baton Pass and Iron Defense, but I'm not sure if you want to use Durant as a Bulk/Support.
NaomiMinette
Moriya Suwako

sasori93 wrote:

Ava wrote:

- Lucario
- Magnezone
- Flygon
- Absol
- Espeon

It's not the best team. I just put in some Pokemon, I like (especially Espeon ^^)
Well...I don't think you have to keep the starter...I had given up training Emboar...
Topic Starter
Ekaru

sasori93 wrote:

JInxyjem wrote:

Are they EV trained?
No, I didn't have the time to train my team properly.
I also thought about exchanging a few team members, but as I mentioned before, I just don't have the time to train new members.
Is this random match-up? If so, the team members you have are just fine for that format, but they really do have to be trained properly if you don't want random hooligans like me to obliberate you. :P

EDIT: I could actually breed (yes, mm, LEGITLY breed) and train a few team members for you if you want. I would, however, keep a copy for myself using Pokecheck and pokegts.
Ava

sasori93 wrote:

- Lucario
- Magnezone
- Flygon
- Absol
- Espeon
- Sword Dance
- X Scissor
- Superpower / Brick Break
- Bullet Punch

A Scizor with that moveset can sweep your entire team, seriously.
bmin11
Bug Bite instead of X Scissor just to make it worse <3

In more serious note, Magnezone shuold be able to deal with that Scizor. DxS gave me loads of trouble with that Magnezone to the point where I just had to give up my Scizor against it.
Hika

Blazevoir wrote:

I can't believe my eyes right now.

This XY thing is going too far because of the fanart. Please, stop the speculations, people! It's killing me. ;_;
Well, on another note, I hadn't noticed that N was voiced in the Japanese version yet. It's quite unexpected but I knew it would happen... Well, then again, the episode DID come out only today..
Ava

Hika wrote:

This XY thing is going too far because of the fanart. Please, stop the speculations, people!
This
Justykanna

Ava wrote:

- Sword Dance
- X Scissor
- Superpower / Brick Break
- Bullet Punch

A Scizor with that moveset can sweep your entire team, seriously.
Someone say Scizor? =O
He's my favourite! xD
Saso-Hikage

Ekaru wrote:

Is this random match-up? If so, the team members you have are just fine for that format, but they really do have to be trained properly if you don't want random hooligans like me to obliberate you. :P

EDIT: I could actually breed (yes, mm, LEGITLY breed) and train a few team members for you if you want. I would, however, keep a copy for myself using Pokecheck and pokegts.
Well, if I play online, I mostly play in random battles, so I can choose 3 team members to avoid half of my team getting raped by one type of the enemy.
I could also diversify my team with some old teams I created in Black 1, Pearl, etc.. I've just been to lazy to trade them into Black 2 till now. :P
I should also mention that I'm not really into breeding and this EV / DV training. So I don't know exactly how to do this properly.
DeathxShinigami

JInxyjem wrote:

bmin's pretty much dead on with good defensive passers (disagree with durant since he can't take a special hit) but I have some other suggestions~

Munna/Musharna fits that description well. Have to breed a Munna with Baton Pass though and it has access to Calm Mind and (lol defense curl) for defensive boosting. Also I recommend using a Baton Pass Scizor as it can pass Iron Defense, Agility and or Swords Dance boosts too though Scizor's usually a better attacker than a dedicated baton passer. Lastly I'd suggest Gorebyss since it's the only mon I can think of that gets both the combo of Amnesia/Iron Defense/Baton Pass though I find gorebyss much more useful doing smashpasses but defense passing with it could still work I bet.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

sasori93 wrote:

Well, if I play online, I mostly play in random battles, so I can choose 3 team members to avoid half of my team getting raped by one type of the enemy.
I could also diversify my team with some old teams I created in Black 1, Pearl, etc.. I've just been to lazy to trade them into Black 2 till now. :P
I should also mention that I'm not really into breeding and this EV / DV training. So I don't know exactly how to do this properly.
I'll breed and train you a set of 3, then, so at least you have 3 well-trained Pokemon you can use. Just choose 3 breedable Pokemon you want a well-trained version of and I'll try to make them soon enough.
Saso-Hikage

Ekaru wrote:

I'll breed and train you a set of 3, then, so at least you have 3 well-trained Pokemon you can use. Just choose 3 breedable Pokemon you want a well-trained version of and I'll try to make them soon enough.
Wow, that would be awesome :)
I would choose these 3
- Gengar
- Milotic
- Roserade
If you're really gonna do that, I'll be indebted to you forever ^^
Azure_Kite
deadbeat
i can't remember i time when i didn't use ditto for breeding ._.
catch ditto -> place in day care -> never take it back
Laharl

Azure_Kite wrote:

Lol'd.

Ekaru wrote:

You're a nice one. :O

sasori93 wrote:

It's not that hard to explain.

When you catch/get a new pokémon, its EV is at 0. You can increase it by battling Pokémon in the wild/Trainer-Pokémon and increase its EV to 510. That's the maximum. In some versions of the pokémon games you get a ribbon for that. (Like in R/S/E) xD
Every pokémon you battle gives EV. There are 6 types of EV - Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, Special Defense and HP. You can increase everyone of those to a value of 255. (Which is bad when you're fucking serious about the EV stuff but I'm not, anyway.) It's better if you increase a stat to 252, another one to 252 and another one to 6 - and poof, you got your 510 EV.

Next step: What do the EV do?
Every 4 EV you put on a pokémon, that certain stat increases by one. This means if you put 252/255 EV on a pokémon's stat it gets a boost of 63 points (at Lv100, I think). You can max out two of the six stats this way.

For how to get EV's fast - I'm not an expert about that since I've only dealt with maxing out 2/6 stats on EV - S.Atk and HP. First you'll have to know where many pokémon live that gives the certain EV. I guess you'll need to look this up on the internet. For example - the Celestial Tower in Black/White on lower floors is very good for S.Attack-EV. Another thing you need to know is that you can double the EV you get from a pokémon with a Macho Brace, and you can get a whopping +4 EV on a certain stat with every pokemon giving EV on that stat with your Pokémon holding a Power Bracer, Power Weight, Power Lens etc.

You can reset the EV somehow with berries but I never dealt with them.

Oh, and did I mention that you need to keep count on the pokémon you defeat while training EV? That's because they're written down nowhere in the game where you can note it. ^^

The total DV for every Pokémon you catch is 186 - 31 in every stat. You can breed them somhow if I remember it right. It does make a difference in online battles though. If the DV of your pokémon is 0 and you're battling against one that has 186 DV - it means that you have 186 less extra stats which is quite a lot if you ask me - compared to EV, which is capped at 127. However do note that every pokémon trained to Lv100 will have these 127 stat points (if you didn't do it right it can be 126 or 125 though) if you didn't give him 99 rare candies or sth like that, so it's a bit wrong to compare these two. I only wanted to say that DV might be somewhat more important than EV.

I hope I helped you. If sth isn't clear enough, feel free to PN me, then I can explain it to you in german. ^^
To the others: If I'm writing bullshit, if my english is so bad that nobody's able to understand it or if sth isn't corrrect, feel free to add the missing stuff.
NaomiMinette
Starting trying to get all Hoenn Pokémon now. Still need a Deoxys, even if it's just a quick trade.
Hika
Deoxys. Honestly, I forgot about that Pokémon as well as forgetting it was in Hoenn...
LukaXD
Guys, check this out. It's a fully working FireRed MMO, Includes all the pokemons up to gen 3 (except Deoxys I think).
It's pretty good, it lags a bit when moving (movement is not as fluid as when you play on the actual console), it's got a nice playerbase, bad thing is you can't progress co-op in story mode, meaning each player has to fight every trainer :/
Just thought I'd leave it here for people that have been looking for an online pokemon client (Like me, but all I found was a battle simulator). Hit me up with a pm if you start playing so I can add you.

BTW... you need a Fire Red v1.0 rom (Heart Gold rom is optional for nicer sprites).

EDIT: Just noticed that trainers don't notice you, so you can just walk by them and not battle them xD
Topic Starter
Ekaru
The last time someone posted that in this thread nobody really cared. Don't expect it to be any different this time around. :P
LukaXD

Ekaru wrote:

The last time someone posted that in this thread nobody really cared. Don't expect it to be any different this time around. :P
Sorry, didn't know it was posted already.
NaomiMinette
So I know this is kinda old, but I think this is why we actually won't be getting R/S/E remakes:

mm201
The past-gen remake trend never implied RS remakes. When RS were released, the series was rebooted. To reintroduce Red/Green and Gold/Silver, remakes of them were made. Those remakes were placed in the third- and fourth-generations respectively to follow the time hypothesis. (In other words, R/S/E and R/G/B/Y share the same time period, as do G/S/C and D/P/Pt.)

Since it's established that BW take place after DPPt, having RS remakes this gen doesn't make sense.
That said, remakes of any gen are always on the table, because $$$.
Azure_Kite
Why would they remake R/S/E anyways. R/S/E themselves were reboots to the system, both visually and gameplay wise, and graphically speaking, they still hold up to today's gen, minus the 3D environments. So all you'd really be paying for is a 3D version of Hoenn and 280-odd "new" pokemon for the pokedex.
deadbeat
just incase anyone is interested, or missed it before, the Keldeo Event is returning for a bit soon
25th January until 12th February
NaomiMinette
I saw. I was so torn by its Resolute Forme design that I really wanted to just raise a plain Keldeo, so this is a relief \o/

...I DON'T HAVE PROBLEMS, OKAY?! *flee*
Hika
I still want my remakes. No matter what, I still have my hopes for it.
South
they remade white/black before they did ruby saphire :/
i got my HG/SS so im happy tho :P
mm201
BW2 were sequels, not remakes. =/
If only GBA games weren't so rare, I'd like to have a second Emerald to use for playthroughs.
NaomiMinette
Funny story: yesterday (Monday) when I was trying to find my 2nd Platinum guide (the one that mentions all of the National Pokémon up to that point) in my closet, I found someone else's Sapphire in there. It wasn't really played (they only have two Badges), so I thought about starting over on it for nostalgia's sake (and probably just to get certain Pokémon in general).

A shame the secondary effects of Abilities didn't exist till Emerald...
show more