forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Laharl

mm201 wrote:

About the only useless natures are neutral ones and perhaps Lax/Gentle.
To be honest, I like the neutral ones too. I find them quite useful if you just want a random pokémon without EV's while blazing through the game for the first time, collecting badges and so on.

I'm happy, btw.
My friends and me met to go for a pokémon tourney with 6 players and I got second with a team out of:
  1. Eelektross
  2. Accelgor
  3. Hydreigon
  4. Chandelure
  5. Carracosta
    and
  6. Reuniclus

They weren't all Lv100 but luckily it didn't matter.
Gonna trade my Hydreigon to B2 to teach him Dark Pulse. FINALLY. =D
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Drakari wrote:

Why has nobody posted this yet?
Personally, I was going to wait until they actually made the announcement to see if it was anything notable. I've been trolled by things like this often enough to not want to get hyped until I see the announcement.

HOWEVER, it's undoubtedly the same announcement as the Japanese Jan. 8th announcement, so if they troll us I will be sad.
LukaXD

Ekaru wrote:

Drakari wrote:

Why has nobody posted this yet?
Personally, I was going to wait until they actually made the announcement to see if it was anything notable. I've been trolled by things like this often enough to not want to get hyped until I see the announcement.

HOWEVER, it's undoubtedly the same announcement as the Japanese Jan. 8th announcement, so if they troll us I will be sad.
Pokedex 3D Pro^2 ??? I feel kinda sorry for the people that spent money on the non pro version, they had to buy the pro version without any discount :/
Topic Starter
Ekaru

LukaXD wrote:

Pokedex 3D Pro^2 ??? I feel kinda sorry for the people that spent money on the non pro version, they had to buy the pro version without any discount :/
The non-pro version was free. >_>

EDIT: So, they're doing a countdown for this on pokemon.com, and this countdown says it's "MAJOR NEWS".

I call keychains.
LukaXD

Ekaru wrote:

LukaXD wrote:

The non-pro version was free. >_>

EDIT: So, they're doing a countdown for this on pokemon.com, and this countdown says it's "MAJOR NEWS".

I call keychains.
FREE? They make us pay here T.T
Topic Starter
Ekaru

LukaXD wrote:

Seriously? That's a rip-off. It was designed to be free software - hence how you had to unlock everything - and most certainly was free in many places.
LukaXD

Ekaru wrote:

LukaXD wrote:

Seriously? That's a rip-off. It was designed to be free software - hence how you had to unlock everything - and most certainly was free in many places.
It was only €3.99
The pro one is €14.99 o.o

I'm not sure about other shops, but my friend and I use the Italy eShop, idk if it was free elsewhere.
I didn't get it anyway, so I won't complain much :D (EDIT: Because I got my 3ds LATE, and by late I mean 3 days ago, my friend actually bought it, not me)
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Pro's 15 USD here, which is equal to 11.4 euro.

But yeah, having to pay for the normal version was a rip-off. They should've given you a discount if they made you pay for it.
Hika
Oh my god, I think I have an idea of what they're doing. They're insane!

They're obviously going to announce probably something new of the Pokémon series if I'm thinking logically. But if not, then poor us for not being Japanese. Oh, you know what would be even better? THOSE RBY REMAKES!

I have made myself excited.

EDIT: No, I'm going to have to take those spoilers off. I want to make you all excited. /fangirling
bmin11
Another RBY remakes? No thanks.
Hika
Ahhh, we shall see! This is killing me to no end right now.
LukaXD
I guess it's Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remakes.
G1>G2>G3>G1R>G4>G2R>G5>G3R???
G = Generation
R = Remake
Can you see the pattern?

It's kinda too soon for the remake I think, but the pattern is as follows, there won't be a G6 until we get a G3R, gen.3 is meh, I love gen.2 the most <3
Hika
Oh Gen. 2 is just amazing to me. <3 But I mean who knows, can't help but sit through if they do make the remakes. I personally don't care because as a true Pokémon fan, anything Nintendo does is just perfect. *q*

Now, I can't wait to see the new news!
Azure_Kite
I'd be all for a R/S/E Remake, but really, what's changed graphically since then apart from battle animations? R/S/E kinda set the bar that they've been hitting ever since then, at least as far as the Overworld is concerned.

I'd like to see Black/White 3 where you get on an international airplane for 999999 Pokedollars to get to Hoenn, and then you can sail/surf/fly to Orre, Johto, Kanto and Sinnoh.
LukaXD

Hika wrote:

Oh Gen. 2 is just amazing to me. <3 But I mean who knows, can't help but sit through if they do make the remakes. I personally don't care because as a true Pokémon fan, anything Nintendo does is just perfect. *q*

Now, I can't wait to see the new news!
Gen 2 introduced me to pokemon, when i went to second grade new kids arrived at our school and what do you know, they had pokemon and a game link cable, so every lunch break we'd play like mad until ruby/sapphire came out.

Also Nintendo has had it's share of fails, from virtual boy to REGION LOCKING << nobody does this, not even sony -.-.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
I'm still betting on something like key chains or an event Pokemon. It *is* a worldwide announcement, though, so I'm going with event Pokemon 'cuz I like avoiding setting myself up for disappointment.
mm201
If it's a new gen, I'll school girl giggle like I did for gen4. RS remakes would be a pleasant surprise as well. I won't be disappointed if it turns out they're trolling us.
Hika
I've never had to deal with regional locking & I probably don't need to worry about it because I don't care! 8-) I've just been pleased with what Nintendo has been doing for the Pokémon franchise at the very least. I can't say much against it but it's just WOOOOOOO.

& Yes, if it's a new gen, I will also giggle like a school girl on a warm summer day in Japan.

P.S. - My dream set me up for disappointment just in case they're trolling us. ):
Topic Starter
Ekaru
They're doing the first-ever Pokemon Direct for this, 8 PM Japan time Tuesday (so early in the morning for those of us in the USA).

I predict DLC for the new PMD game. 8-)

EDIT: Iwata himself is doing this BTW, hence why I went from "keychains" to "DLC".
bmin11
I'm with Ekaru for this one. Too soon for a new pokemon game.
Drakari_old
I want my R/S remakes, my 3DS can't play GBA games and Blaziken is my favorite pokemon ever.

If they announce B/W 3 then I'll rage.

Anything other than those two is just meh.
Ava

bmin11 wrote:

Too soon for a new pokemon game.
Soaprman

bmin11 wrote:

I'm with Ekaru for this one. Too soon for a new pokemon game.
That's exactly what they want you to think. Then tomorrow comes and pow, they've announced gen 6 and gen 7.

For real, though, what's a brother gotta do to get a new Pokémon Snap?
NaomiMinette

Soaprman wrote:

what's a brother gotta do to get a new Pokémon Snap?
3DS Pokémon Snap... If that ends up like Pokémon Dream Radar, I'm seriously gonna have a blast playing that :D
Azure_Kite
I've been waiting for a Pokemon Snap since the 3DS's inception.
deadbeat
GENERATION 6 :O
oh wow this should be interesting
LZD
Time to buy a N3DS xD
deadbeat
gurodoll_old
New gen orgasm
Coro
X & Y X & Y X & Y X & Y X & Y X & Y
my body is ready 8D
Stefan
And people are already flamming by watching the trailer. what
Jinxy
Looking at the Paris-like screenshots, I was thinking how insanely awesome it would be if a game's area was the whole world, and your real life location decided your starting country.

The Stag looks like the ultimate Sword of Justice pokemon or something, but the Bird's looking pretty meh. Looks like I'll finally use the fire starter again, I used Cyndaquil and Torchic but skipped Chimchar and Tepig because I didn't like them. That said, I'd flip my shit if they made the fox half-fighting again
LukaXD
Just watched nintendo direct (or pokemon direct w/e). X and Y announced, starters look like crap -.-
I bet there's going to be a Z version as well in 1 or 2 years. It's too soon for a new gen, 5th gen got out in 2010.
IDK what nintendo was thinking.
Jinxy
It's not too early, if we consider that Nintendo considered Gen 5 a "reboot", and Gen 2 came out 3 years after Gen 1, too. It only feels soon because the other gens had remakes and honestly, there's no need to remake RSE yet since all pokemon from that game can be gotten, unlike how Gen 3 was incompatible with Gen 1 and 2.
LukaXD

JInxyjem wrote:

It's not too early, if we consider that Nintendo considered Gen 5 a "reboot", and Gen 2 came out 3 years after Gen 1, too. It only feels soon because the other gens had remakes.
I want a Ruby/Sapphire remake before the new gen T.T
Soaprman
I get it... they're called X/Y because you still move on a grid. Good one, Nintendo!
deadbeat

LukaXD wrote:

JInxyjem wrote:

It's not too early, if we consider that Nintendo considered Gen 5 a "reboot", and Gen 2 came out 3 years after Gen 1, too. It only feels soon because the other gens had remakes.
I want a Ruby/Sapphire remake before the new gen T.T
i'd rather the new generation. it's been a while since pokemon took a big step forward. i'm looking forward to seeing more information get released. it looks rather enjoyable
MMzz

LZD wrote:

Time to buy a N3DS xD
Jinxy

Soaprman wrote:

I get it... they're called X/Y because you still move on a grid. Good one, Nintendo!
Might pave a way for a version Z, like X, Y and Z-axis. You know, 3D.
Leader
YESSSS, they are just awesome, much more dynamic battles and new pokémon (cooler than 5th generation) <3
And Fennekin too cute <3
show more